Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience - v0.2

Vietnam: The Experience (VTE)

VTE_logo.gif

The leading, most detailed and the most comprehensive Vietnam War modification for OFP.

This is to announce the release of VTE v0.2 full. Check out some of the items we include.

Aircrafts

C-130, MC-130 Combat Talon, DHC-4 Caribou, OV-10 Bronco, Bell47G, Il-28 Beagle, B-52 Stratofortress, B-57 Canberra, F-4 Phantom, F-5A, F-100 Super Sabre, MiG-17, MiG-19 Farmer, MiG-21, A-1J Skyraider, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, O-1 Bird Dog, F-86A Sabre, Sikorsky S-56, CH-53E Superstallion, CH-34 and the old SEB stuff like Hueys etc.

Ground vehicles

Ox cart, M24 Chaffee, M41 Walker, Centurion, DShK Heavy MG, US GMC CCKW, Willys MB, T-34, M3 Halftrack, BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-152, NVA Truck, M551 Sheridan, M1919A4 tripod, Maksim MG, PT-76, ZU-23-2, ZPU4 AA, Bike, Scooter, Motorbike, Gaz69, V150 Commando.

Soldier squads

Air Cavalry, Marine, Marine Force Recon, SEAL, Army, Special Forces, LRRP, LRRP (ERDL), CIDG, MIKE, ARVN, Cambodian mercenary, Chieu Hoi, Bushman, Civilian Villager, VC Villager, Village Rebel, VC, NVA, SOG, Australian SAS.

Weapons

Maksim MG, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bar, Mas36, Mas38, Chautelleret, Grease Gun, MP40, Thompson, Kar, M1 Car, M1 Garand, M1919A4, DP27, PPD-40, FAL, L1A1, Nagant, PPS-43, PPSH-41, M60 Shorty, M63A Stoner, Chicom Type 56, RPG-2, 90mm Recoiless MAW, M45 9mm SMG, M39 Hush Puppy, Ithaca 37, Typ 68, MAT 49, K-50M, Sten Gun MkII, Bren Gun MkII, Lee Enfield N4. Plus the usual equipment from JAM2 side.

Vehicle Weapons

MK-77 Napalm, UV-16-57 Rockets, HVAR Rockets, MK-82R, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-7 Sparrow, AGM-45 Shrike, AA-2 Atoll, FAB-250, Standard ARM, MK-81, MK-83, MK-84, M-117, M-118, BLU-82 Daisy Cutter, BLU-1 Napalm, LAU-10 Rockets, 20mm Cannon, VYa Cannons, 6x50cal M2, SUU-30 Pod, M61 Vulcan, 4x20mm Cannons, GSh-23 Cannon, 7.62x51 doorgun.

Animals

Mule, Cow, Rooster, Chickens, Duck, Dog.

Islands/Terrains

Vietnam Intro, Vietnam 12km, Vietnam 25km, Ilo Ilo, Rumble In The Jungle, RSSZ, Long Son, MeeKong, MDSZ, A Shau Valley, SEB Ia Drang, Iron Triangle, VTE Ia Drang, 7 Mountains, IIICTZA Parrots Beak, Australian AO, Polei Kleng, Quan Binh Son, Vinh Thanh Valley, Khe Sanh, The Bra.

Objects & Textures

We include over 400 new objects including vegetation (bushes, trees, grass, palms, jungle canopy, rocks etc), civilian housing and military objects. The ground is covered with many brand new textures. Also there is the good old SEB objects and textures present for the original Ia Drang and few other islands.

All that material just for editor? Noope, we include over hundred (100) single missions and eight (8) campaigns.

Here are tons of screenshots.

Trenches

Airfield

Harbor

Pier

City

Airstrip

Another city

Bunker

Hut

Watchtower

Airfield

Hmm

Jungle

Bridge

River side

Hilltop

Jungle night

City

Buildings 1

Buildings 2

Docks

Jungle bunker

Airstrip

Napalm

Aircrafts

Jungle 1

Jungle 2

Jungle 3

Jungle 4

Bunker

SEAL in jungle 1

SEAL in jungle 2

Landscape 1

Landscape 2

Radio tower 1

Radio tower 2

Spooky

That should cover the basics.

Required addons are as follows; Bn880 tracers, CoC Unified Artillery, CoC Mines, CoC Divers, JAM2 and USMC markers.

Download these addons from CoC homepage and

CoC Mines v1.0 - here

CoC UA v1.0 - here

CoC Divers - here

JAM2 - here

USMC Markers - here

Bn880 Tracers - here

This v0.2 release is full, meaning no install problems, however we have setup a VTE Installation Help and PMC Addons/Mods Online Manuals: OFP VTE page for users.

Download x_vte_v0.2.rar - 403mb. Thanks from mirror to ofpc.de site.

Mirror 1: ofp.info

Thanks for the guys hosting the file. All new mirrors are welcome.

You can visit us at VTE Official web page and PMC Tactical OFP VTE Forum Area, also check out VTE at ofpc site.

April 10th, 2006.

VTE Founder and Leader

Snake Man, PMC.

Edited by Snake Man

Im not into Vietnam but this looks superb!!! Im downloading now...saw the vid too looks great! Thanks! Lots of unit too great. Missions too? YAY! yay.gif

Hey snake. Just wondering if this is a mod of completely new units (USMC, Air Cav, etc) or is this a collection of mods that were already released? Thanks thumbs-up.gif.

Looks awesome by the way thumbs-up.gif!

Cool! Downloadin now  smile_o.gif

New campaigns or the same ones from last version?

Hey snake. Just wondering if this is a mod of completely new units (USMC, Air Cav, etc) or is this a collection of mods that were already released? Thanks thumbs-up.gif.

Looks awesome by the way thumbs-up.gif!

x2...

Also, I notice you've used Martin's outdated C-130. Why not use Hawk's updated C-130? smile_o.gif

Great pack!!!

And now, with a positive critic (and for the people who wants more acurate equipment), Vilas made a WWII weapon pack, like the springfield rifle, the M1A1 and M2 carabine, the Garand sniper, and one of my beloved weapons (Walker made the first) the ppsh41 35 rounds mag (or banana clip)

Such an outdated infantry...But islands are looking awesome...at least on pictures.

Hey snake.  Just wondering if this is a mod of completely new units (USMC, Air Cav, etc) or is this a collection of mods that were already released?

Some old some new skins.

99% of the missions are complete rubbish though. Also some of the addons are hardly worth it. As a Flashpoint-Nam addon pack and nothing else it's pretty good.

All required addons can be downloaded @OFPC too.

No Filefront or similar needed

Enjoy smile_o.gif

I'm trying this out ASAP !

I really like the setting and the islands in general. For an addon pack, it's quite complete. On the other hand most missions and campaigns are pretty useless. Do you plan on updating them some time ?

Nice work anyway, thanks !

Malick

Hi, I've got some weird problem here...

Trying to run VTE as a standalone, it doesn't want to launch. I get some errors concerning a bad animation file format, CTD. If I remove the \dta directory containing the anims, OFP starts normally but I can't access the editor, getting another error message concerning a bad file format for the notebook.

I tried to launch the game with ECP and it solved my problem.

In the readme, you said that we should not run the mod with other mods such as ECP... But, in my case, if I launch VTE+ECP, all works fine. If I launch VTE alone, nothing works. Funny, hu ?

Malick

Such an outdated infantry...But islands are looking awesome...at least on pictures.

If you have seen the DMA European Resistance units or the DMA Toyotas Wars units I did and liked either of them, then you will like the future unit updates I've been working on for Snakeman. All unit models are being redone.

No timeframe for release, but they are starting to look pretty good early on.

I luv this mod. smile_o.gif

Great missions, great vietnam feeling, just great.

Havent tried the 0.2 version yet, just discovered this mod this weekend.

I downloaded and tried it. And all I have to say is... I like it! wink_o.gif

Great Vietnam Mod notworthy.gif

Thanks......OFP is alive

Imutep

If you have seen the DMA European Resistance units or the DMA Toyotas Wars units I did and liked either of them, then you will like the future unit updates I've been working on for Snakeman. All unit models are being redone.

No timeframe for release, but they are starting to look pretty good early on.

/me is drooling now

Guest Ti0n3r

@willec

Grejt! yay.gif

Sorry to steal the thread for a bit. I hope Snake won't get mad, and this will be the only pic from me as I hope to stay out off the boards like always, but here is an very very very early pic of some units based on the Chadian\Libyan\Euro units I did.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/williecofp/all.jpg

Early w.i.p., nothing final, just several units that have been started.

I'll let Snake take over info on these from here on out. Just a teaser. Most likely a couple months from completion.

<edit> also no unit suggestions/comments/requests are needed or wanted at this point :P By me anyway.<edit>

Quote[/b] ]is a mod of completely new units (USMC, Air Cav, etc) or is this a collection of mods that were already released?

VTE is next evolution on OFP NAM. The units are based on SEB NAM Pack 2, some more edited, some not, some completely new models.

This is not a collection pack, its a VIETNAM MODIFICATION which has and will have edited stuff, new, old, etc.

Quote[/b] ]New campaigns or the same ones from last version?

One new campaign added, others have lot of missions tweaked including adding CoC Unified Artillery to the missions, new missions etc.

Quote[/b] ]you've used Martin's outdated C-130. Why not use Hawk's updated C-130?

Been over this over at the old topic. Adammo/ColMoore's outdated C-130 is time and time again proven to be working in various missions and combat situations. We love the unit, we're happy with it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Such an outdated infantry

Yes, outdated infantry that works great so far.

Quote[/b] ]99% of the missions are complete rubbish though.

Well maybe in your "how to create napalm airstrike" topic you will produce something truly great, I mean after all you're the god of mission making and others are nothing compared to your high end stuff, right?

I mean come on man with comment like "complete rubbish" you set yourself on a pretty tight spot, you gotta have some REALLY good stuff to back it up. Lets see your stuff, lets play.

Hey how about... download v0.2 and make some superb mission which leaves me speechless, that would be great.

Quote[/b] ]As a Flashpoint-Nam addon pack and nothing else it's pretty good.

Apparently you completely forgot the new objects and textures for islands...

Quote[/b] ]no aptch for old version?

No, no patch. Too much have changed since the last release. The patch would have been too big (to be a patch) and also even the dev team lost track basically which files were edited and which were not. Full release was the simplest to do overall. Also last time we did patches to be efficient for download sizes and all, people complained about getting a full release because its difficult to patch. Well now we have full release and what is the first thing people ask... a patch.

Hehe gotta love this stuff smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]most missions and campaigns are pretty useless. Do you plan on updating them some time ?

Instead of going with the bandwagon of "missions are useless", how about naming the specific missions campaigns which you find useless?

Can you do me a good campaign, how about even a single mission?

What would you say if VTE came with 0 missions like the usual addons?

Sure, sure... MOST of the missions ARE old and stuff, but then again... so is SEB NAM Pack 2, it was released years ago. VTE is new, today, you think we can take bit more time to bring you dynamic campaigns and fancy stuff that please you?

Its strange, I believe the campaigns mostly being said to be useless, I actually like them. Small scale missions with basic stuff, as long as it works, its NAM, hey whats wrong with that. Its like you dont have to play them, just like you dont have to download any addon you dont like. And after all, every damned addon comes with zero missions where people complain about no missions, its funny to see comments like yours when we actually do have missions.

And yes, we do plan to tweak the missions as bugs/problems are reported. But I would not go and re-do them, I rather do some new missions which, in fact I already did for this release.

Quote[/b] ]I get some errors concerning a bad animation file format, CTD. If I remove the \dta directory containing the anims, OFP starts normally but I can't access the editor, getting another error message concerning a bad file format for the notebook.

Are you absolutely sure you run VTE alone, I mean REALLY alone in a x_vte/ mod dir (with the required addons of course)?

Quote[/b] ]Great missions, great vietnam feeling, just great.

Havent tried the 0.2 version yet, just discovered this mod this weekend.

Well thanks for the nice comments, I'm glad you like it. And when you try v0.2 you will absolutely love the fixed/tweaked and new stuff we added.

Thanks everyone for the comments, even the expected negative ones, its nice to count on you guys. Now go play some more Vietnam missions and enjoy it wink_o.gif

@williec those units are looking very promising, good work, I like your SF boonie hat.

keep up the work. Any Mod that adds to OFP is a good thing. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Its strange, I believe the campaigns mostly being said to be useless, I actually like them. Small scale missions with basic stuff, as long as it works, its NAM, hey whats wrong with that. Its like you dont have to play them, just like you dont have to download any addon you dont like. And after all, every damned addon comes with zero missions where people complain about no missions, its funny to see comments like yours when we actually do have missions.

Hey, Snake, don't take anything too personal. I was just giving my opinion : most missions and campaigns may need some updates and tweakings. I haven't had time to test those included in last version, though, but I tried those from previous one, and I got the feeling that they were rushed. After all, it's better to have a few that works nice than a lot, that are buggy. And, that's only my opinion, I mean, I can live with it and/or modify missions to my likings anyway.

By the way, I'm trying to adapt DMA's CCE to VTE Ia Drang. I found that you forgot, or that I haven't find them icon_rolleyes.gif, M14 and M79 in the readme list of weapon/ammo.

Some units are still place holders, I believe, like BTR50PK (BMP model) or K63 and LVTP (M113 model) etc.. Are these planned ? Otherwise, you might as well not include them at all, as they may seem redundant with other models.

As for my problem, I really don't see why it happens that way. Not that it keeps me from playing, but it's just weird... And I really didn't have any other addons when I first try it, only VTE in a separate moddir.

And don't worry, we love and appreciate what you did. Otherwise, I wouldn't even post in here, would I ? wink_o.gif So keep it up !

Malick