Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience - v0.2

Thanks, smile_o.gif . It works now! (Yeah I know, a stupid typo)

Hope this is not too much to ask, despite that you said that currently VTE isn't in the island modification phase: could in the upcoming version some forest objects be rearranged, because in some forests if you're looking in a certain direction (360, 270 etc) the trees are unnaturally lined up. Altough I'm not a 3D artist I suppose in the model just need to move some trees a bit. I noticed this on a couple of VTE islands (Vinh Thanh, Khe Sanh etc.)

Really waiting for the new version!

could in the upcoming version some forest objects be rearranged, because in some forests if you're looking in a certain direction (360, 270 etc) the trees are unnaturally lined up.

Yes, its done already for v0.3

My god this mod is looking great... I can't say nothing more than that inlove.gif

Yes, its done already for v0.3

I want my islands to use the replaceobjects line in config. I hate floating trees, the lined up forests I can live with.

EDIT: Actually if this is an issue - easy, just remove the island wrp's, config and sounds from VTE_Isles, you could release them as seperate pbos.

EDIT EDIT: I am worried about forest squares being on the roads and trails (aside from floating trees which are truly my pet wrp hate), all islands have only been tested with the replaceobjects lines and are working reliably this way. You wont be able to test for this without driving round all the paths, note it took me nearly 6 hours this week to do this on just AAO (omg a big island, never again), let alone MeeKong, Dak, MDSZ, etc. I dont want to have to fix objects on paths again - please! please! please! There would be a few hundred hours on this task already on aao alone, it took months!

Could some of the devs, put up some status report? Mostly I'd like to know a rough estimate of the release. Don't want to be annoying, just it would be helpful for my plans with Vietnam Tour of Duty. In a week, in a month or more?

BTW Really like your work smile_o.gif

I cannot find a way to register at the PMC forums. Can someone help?

Any news on the progress for the next release?

The VTE v0.3 release is getting close, no release dates.

I would need some help regarding "hosting", I want to arrange Torrent download for it, but I cannot do it myself. If anyone can help by "hosting" a torrent, please post here.

The estimated download size of v0.3 should be something like 400 - 450mb, but havent checked so cant say anything for sure. We have good hosting by ofpc.de (thanks guys) and ofp.info along other nice sites, but still I'd like to have torrent created for VTE.

Can anyone please help?

Looking forward to VTE 0.3! What exactly do you need to host a torrent file?

What exactly do you need to host a torrent file?

Well you need to have torrent client (I personally use Azureus) and then most important thing is static IP so you can "host" the torrent/file.

For example here is granQ's created CoC UA 1.1 torrent but unfortunately what I understand he is not capable of creating torrents now, so thats why I didn't turn to ask him for help.

elo guys...the pics looks awesome......

hmmm the link on the first page isn't working...can anyone PLIZZZZZZZZZZZZZE provide a link for the experiance 0.2 pliiiiiiize

Quote[/b] ]All files you need here.

thanks

As the v0.3 is coming closer each day (work continues daily), there is still nobody here or the official forums whos offering to help with the torrent hosting.

Does anyone have good reference pictures for Vietnam era Mi-8 helicopter, C-130 Hercules and MC-130 Combat Talon (and/or AC-130 gunship)?

Would be much appreciated and maybe we could get better textures for the above aircrafts into v0.3 release.

Why don't you use the Mi8 from Our Weapons? That thing is awesome!

Maybe you can find something here. The Mi8s are current day only (at least what I found), but there are some Vietnam War C130's.

Mi-8 in the Vietnam war? Are you freaking serious? The viets hardly used any choppers, the only one reported being seen was the Mi-4...

they had a very few choppers, like MI-4, MI-8 (very late war) and the Mi-6 (this chopper was used like a crane for transport the Mig-21, from the hidden bases until the runnaways)

Mi-8 in the Vietnam war? Are you freaking serious? The viets hardly used any choppers, the only one reported being seen was the Mi-4...

Mi-8's were supposedly being seen in the north by US pilots as early as 67.