Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I'll do an analysis on images and see what I can find.

Soldiers with M249SAW wear two kneepads,the thick black strip which attaches to goggles in the front,several large brown pouches on the front and two kneepads. They also have a backpack of sorts...I'm not sure what it is but it looks like something inflatable. -This does not apply to ALL machine gunners,I see a few newer images of the machine gunners with and without this pack,however the brown pouches,green gloves and kneepads are always there.

Soldiers carrying M16A2+M203's as well as M4's with optics mounted on them (I don't know these terms for certain) Have one kneepad,the soldier with M203 has several small green pouches,no doubt for M203 grenades.

Marksman has two kneepads and a boonie.

However nothing is certain,as when I look at the image of the soldiers at night I see several soldiers with packs. HOWEVER,I also see a few soldiers have straps above their knee's on their legs,currently I do not see images of any other soldiers with it. They also have NVG's and goggles,not to mention a large pack on them as well as silences on their rifles. If I had to guess,that would be the special forces.

pic

I suppose that is the medic on the left? That's the first time I recall seeing what looks like the new (and more accurate) medic's pack in a screenshot. (or perhaps I'm unobservant)

I'm guessing Special Forces since all the soldiers with the packs seem to be carrying silenced weapons.

That is a possibility too. From looking closely at that pack though, I was thinking that it was shaped more like the STOMP2 medical bag rather than a typical pack.

First video is amazing when the reporter is interviewing the soldier. The guys in the background are doing things like cleaning off the wheels of the stryker and teaching the other guys how to fight.

Watch near the end of that video ... the soldier being interviewed seems really interested in something at 2:28 biggrin_o.gif

Nice to see AA take shape.

rofl.gif actually its good to see a proper women model in the game. still i think that soldier might have gotten caught

Woah, wait.  If there was another gaming convention going on, can we expect to see another trailer soon?

Maybe a "Sahrani Forces Trailer"?

edit:

You know, I've just seen those new videos and it's looking pretty good.

I did notice that the hands don't move when steering wheel is turning, but that's just fine. If BIS didn't find a way to do this yet I can wait until Game2. I would like to see if they managed to finish any new reloading animations with removable mags though.

There were a number of parts of the video that I liked. The dust kicked up by the vehicles when driving on dirt and from tanks firing their cannons looked pretty cool.

The new running animations that replaced the old ones are excellent. The run speed is set appropriately as well. The animations in the game are looking satisfyingly fluid and lifelike.

The muzzle flash is not exaggerated and the video also showed the recoil during the firing of the rifle.

As seen in one of Will Porter's videos, the AI is much better at driving vehicles on roads now (when they're not rear ending MP humvees).

The character models, vehicles, and landscapes were beautiful. The glare of the sun looked realistic and blinding.

What I'm trying to say is this:

BIS, it looks like you've done a great job and the game truly looks like its just about good to go.

Now, everyone just has to save enough money to buy the hardware to run the game at its full glory.

Quote[/b] ]Now, everyone just has to save enough money to buy the hardware to run the game at its full glory.

Screw that tounge2.gif First i'll give arma a whirl on my old 2.4P4 with 512RDram and a 6600 128mb. If it runs on that i'll eat mein hut.

In the video they played on following system:

AMD 64 3800

Nvidia 6600

1 GB RAM

Reolustion: 1024 @ 75 Hz

Source

AMD 64 3800

Nvidia 6600

1 GB RAM

Source

I still can't believe that, but if it's true...   xmas_o.gif   notworthy.gif   biggrin_o.gif

AMD 64 3800

Nvidia 6600

1 GB RAM

Source

Any real confirmation? Those fan sites usually just write what they see here on the forum, and i never saw confirmation on that here on the forum.. huh.gif

EDIT: Seems like i always get what i want tounge2.gif

AMD 64 3800

Nvidia 6600

1 GB RAM

Source

Any real confirmation? Those fan sites usually just write what they see here on the forum, and i never saw confirmation on that here on the forum.. huh.gif

EDIT: Seems like i always get what i want tounge2.gif

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/igromir-pc-specs-1_1_1556.jpg

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/igromir-pc-spec_1_1554.jpg

edit: I'm late biggrin_o.gif

AMD 64 3800

Nvidia 6600

1 GB RAM

Most impressive!

A nake hand??? How ugly! Don't know - it's some kind of bug or it's really nake!? Anyway, it looks sickening... But all the new screens and vids look very nice, I can't wait for ArmA!

Screen

A nake hand??? How ugly! Don't know - it's some kind of bug or it's really nake!? Anyway, it looks sickening... But all the new screens and vids look very nice, I can't wait for ArmA!

Screen

Yes it is real,had you looked at other images before this one you would have realised that.

Believe it or not,not all soldiers wear gloves like games such as bf2 would like you to believe.

Seriously,how in the world could it be a bug.

http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/jb/images/screenshots/arma1.jpg

And yeah the woman model is nice,or are you calling it propper because she has breasts.

Can't wait to jump on the first person to release a woman in a bikini.

I think there's more rejoicing needing to be done.. Look Close...

It's NOT a 3800+ AMD... It's a *3000+* AMD.. Much lower spec. Proc. yay.gifyay.gif

Wow,that computers specs are lower than mine I think..

Pentium 2.4 ghz processor.

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

2 Gig ram

and I forgot memory.. Odd that AA can be played on such low specs with great quality.

I think there's more rejoicing needing to be done.. Look Close...

It's NOT a 3800+ AMD... It's a *3000+* AMD.. Much lower spec. Proc. yay.gifyay.gif

I spotted that ... if it really runs that good, on that spec, then I'm extremely pleased as that's the spec of my laptop. (Ok so the graphics aren't quite a 6600 but they are 6000 series and should at least run the game wink_o.gif )

btw. did you see the version number:

http://armed-assault.net/screenshots/igromir-pc-specs-1_1_1542.jpg

Did that mean, that ArmA is at the finalstatus? smile_o.gif

Don't know about Russian version but Czech ArmA is pressed almost a week. So GOLD status of first ArmA version must have been long time ago biggrin_o.gif

Some guy from Akella claimed that IgroMir demo had some major differences from earlier versions in levels of detalisation. Animations were improved, you couldn't loop the loop with a helicopter (it was possible with mi17 in earlier builds), trash and leaves got scattered by the wind in towns. Read it on Flashpoint.ru, can't find the exact link now. And no, it's not final version yet.

Thats odd considering you can loop with helicopters...or atleast with the more agile attack helicopters.