Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

This does not look good. crazy_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]

Thats why a game needs to be optimized before release

If they are optimizing 8 days before release we are truly screwed.

I dont believe that they have the very latest build? It's probably the GC version.. huh.gif

This does not look good. crazy_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]

Thats why a game needs to be optimized before release

If they are optimizing 8 days before release we are truly screwed.

I dont believe that they have the very latest build? It's  probably the GC version.. huh.gif

Hopefully it is but I am a pessimist by nature. wink_o.gif

placebo say somethin..!! my ofp looks better then these pics... cmon say us that this is an old very old version of AA :pleaseeeeeeeeeee notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

hmm , ofp looked like it was painted by a watercolour artist and it was /is the best game i ever played, cant see all the fuss about all these bf2 style , omg it looks poor comments ,its all about the gameplay.

we asked for multi gunners and jip we got bis gave us it and many more things. graphics meant for 0 in ofp and will in arma .

the gc version and before where resource hogs , all the reviewers said it and it aint news. the last thing bis will work on is anims so i guess we can expect arma to still be a resource hog on high settings just like ofp was and is.even so low setings on a 400sqm is good enough for me anything else is a bonus smile_o.gif

placebo say somethin..!! my ofp looks better then these pics... cmon say us that this is an old very old version of AA :pleaseeeeeeeeeee notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Compare these two menus. First is from that new article. Second is from week old preview. Wich one looks newer?

http://www.arma-zone.pl/img/bt/armazbt7.jpg

http://games.tiscali.cz//images/armedassault/bfg3.jpg

Compare these two menus. First is from that new article. Second is from week old preview. Wich one looks newer?

hmm i dont see the first pic you linked in the new article , are there more than 9 pics ?

btw the second one is new cause the pics are filled with more detail

new article

hmm i dont see the first pic you linked in the new article , are there more than 9 pics ?

new article

Ah. I thought you mean different article. But even the one you posted seems to be old version. First the grass on the pics is old one (compare with some other, better looking sshots), and even the font used in radio messages isn't the recent one. So i'm quite sure, those pics in your article are also taken from some older ArmA build.

You are right.

On the first screen it says "engine version"and "working title".

That's probably a pretty old version.

oneoff: ArmA is definitely all about the gameplay but the immersion might be even bigger with some good graphics.

Quote[/b] ]oneoff: ArmA is definitely all about the gameplay but the immersion might be even bigger with some good graphics

agreed 100% but it isnt the end of the world smile_o.gif.

besides in ofp if you change the F.o.V you can play it and it looks just like the screenshots in the thread wink_o.gif.

you can`t see so much left and right but it does look 1000 percent better, only prob is you then say to yourself , forget this prety graphics i need the gameplay smile_o.gif.

if we get both in arma then it will be fantastic. an exapmle is this

reality

here

expected reality (ott to prove point)

here

reality

here

here

Well... this is clearly promotional render, so i wouldn't take it too seriously as example of real ArmA ingame look smile_o.gif

placebo say somethin..!! my ofp looks better then these pics... cmon say us that this is an old very old version of AA :pleaseeeeeeeeeee   notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

second

reality

here

here

Well... this is clearly promotional render, so i wouldn't take it too seriously as example of real ArmA ingame look smile_o.gif

and the piece in brackets clearly says (ott to prove a point) smile_o.gif.

you see my point you looked and didnt see just like te arma pics. people see the screens but not the pc specs smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]Ah. I thought you mean different article. But even the one you posted seems to be old version. First the grass on the pics is old one (compare with some other, better looking sshots), and even the font used in radio messages isn't the recent one. So i'm quite sure, those pics in your article are also taken from some older ArmA build.

why would they review an old version if the clearly have a newer one ?. they use a decent pc . the still pics all loog good , check the gallery , but the ingame action shots look less good. i think its good enough. so no complaints here . smile_o.gif

why would they review an old version if the clearly have a newer one ?.

Well... i have no idea, but it's stated in that preview - "...hraní prvních tří misí ve starší preview-verzi", means "...playing of first three missions from the older preview version" smile_o.gif

why would they review an old version if the clearly have a newer one ?.

Well... i have no idea, but it's stated in that preview - "...hraní prvních tří misí ve starší preview-verzi", means "...playing of first three missions from the older preview version" smile_o.gif

Good point Malcolm

It's stated in the article. The screens are from GC version.

Thank goodness one of us can read, eh? wink_o.gif

So thats setled,the game being reviewed was old and does not reflect the current state, or the planned releae state, of ArmedAssault.

Very nice stuff! I like them a lot, the only thing that looks bad is the light.

Looks like I'm going to have to remove that goddamned light cone... again. First, OFP, now ArmedA... will my toil never end?

- Also note that guy is manning a spotlight.

yes incredible screens and swimming Abrams. smile_o.gif