Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Looks like very low graphics settings in places. Hopefully. crazy_o.gif

I'm glad that ArmA has training missions for everything, it's more noob friendly then OFP.

Loses a bit of realism, but I can grit my teeth and bear it. I don't remember hopping into a Leopard at boot camp. Or a Blackhawk for that matter.  smile_o.gif

What? You didn't?!? Oh man, dude, you missed out!

I'm sorry, did you think I was talking to you? Heh.

Yeah I did, I guess I sort of blew up too... Man I guess thats what happenes when you wait for somthing for a long time!

Quote[/b] ]This thread is for discussing ArmA screenshots, VBS should not be discussed as it's not relevant, if there are no new screenshots to discuss then there's no need for further discussion until such time as there are new screenshots to discuss wink_o.gif

Roger that placebo sorry...

Good Morning Fans,

new Preview and 9 Screens from

Nice Screens !

Can that a translated?

Aw, jeez. I don't wanna say that these guys aren't trying or anything, but one of those screenshots was of a COUPLE OF ROCKS.

Another bunch of ugly low detailed pics...why the hell can't they raise the graphics when taking pictures. goodnight.gif

Well, I am very excited about these pictures. The first three pics capture the atmosphere of urban combat quite well.

Can't wait to finally hear PAPABEAR over the radio!

edit: typo

At the very least we know how ugly ArmA can look like at the very low settings for those low-end machines nener.gif

Thats why a game needs to be optimized before release tounge2.gif

Oh, and there is NO excuse for not turning AF8x or 16x on, the difference in FPS is close to 0 while it looks the game 10 times better (Hell, even Everon doesnt look very bad with 16x tounge2.gif )

Looking on the glowing Sandbags on the screen, they would probably have used an outdated GC 2006 Version, what would explain the performance problems

I think many people will be terribly disappointed at the look of the game on their home PC when the game comes out. BIS are great program developers, not miracle workers. I think those low detail shots look great. The only thing that bugs me is that that machinegunner isn't aligning the front and rear sights.... but I have no idea what is going on in those screenshots.

At the very least we know how ugly ArmA can look like at the very low settings for those low-end machines nener.gif

A Athlon X2 4400+, GeForce 6800GT 256 and 1 GB RAM is far from a low end machince.

A Athlon X2 4400+, GeForce 6800GT 256 and 1 GB RAM is far from a low end machince.

It is still possible to turn down settings even though you on a high-end machine smile_o.gif

It is still possible to turn down settings even though you on a high-end machine smile_o.gif

I assume you read the part about 25 FPS?

This does not look good. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Thats why a game needs to be optimized before release

If they are optimizing 8 days before release we are truly screwed.

Guest Ti0n3r

A GeForce 6800GT 256 & 1 GB RAM might not be low end, but it's pretty close though. Talking out of my own experience >_>

If they really had trouble playing the game with a higher resolution than 800x600 on an Athlon X2 4400+, GeForce 6800GT 256 with 1 GB RAM most of us will not be able to see graphics that are superior to OFP's standard.

I really hope this is not true.

I think ArmA will severly beat the crap out of most systems (considering all the processing work that has to be done). The screens having seen mixed qualities, I keep wondering what prevents the previewers from getting their settings 'just' right, to make the game look stunning.

Even when the game does look stunning up close, you never see the viewdistance set at really high values. It seems we'll have to play with our viewdistances toned down quite a bit, untill the next gen stuff starts to catch up with ArmA's extravagant needs, for those who want to play ArmA with extravagant settings.

I repeat: It seems that they used an outdated Version from GC 2006.

I don't believe that the minimum System requirements of Arma are higher than the minimum requirements of Gothic 3 for example.

Also what is Sanatery officer?  Does this training mission teach you how to clean the head? crazy_o.gif

Err, read again that's Sanitary Operation not Officer. Although my guess is that it would have been better worded "Clean Up Operation" tounge2.gif

Quite right...my mistake.

All this talk though about min spec is killing me. My machine is so crap. I need a new one. (I bought Hitman:Blood Money months agao but havnt played it yet!, i've been waiting for Arma before upgraded). Lets wait untill it hits the shelf then I'll upgrade to min spec

I repeat: It seems that they used an outdated Version from GC 2006.

I don't believe that the minimum System requirements of Arma are higher than the minimum requirements of Gothic 3 for example.

You are right, it is the GDC version. Centered crosshair, no body injuries etc...

centred crosshair? crosshair have 2 mods - centred and classical OFP tounge2.gif