Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

FINALLY! Unarmed running animations don't look like the soldiers are crippled retards!

Green fields and Pine/Spruce trees like on Nogova/Everon! This must be in Northern Sarahni. That pleases me as it will be more similar to OFP and I don't like dry arid places! It's funny though how the south of the island will be sub tropical with Palm trees and desert areas and a few miles over the border will be like central Europe! biggrin_o.gif

… Not a common occurrence, but great for game play variety I guess! Nice new screens though and the models are looking good! wink_o.gif

My guess is that the northern area is quite high making it cold and wet. Better climate for the greenland that we are used to and prefer wink_o.gif

Well I have to hand it to BIS,their doin even better than before,the draw distance looks superb as well as the detail what you can see,I'm sure we all remember the quilt forests'. I haven't seen that in any of the newer screenshots.

The AT launcher and the way the soldier holds it looks stunning,the fingers fit so perfectly around it. And the dynamic shadows are really beautiful,very smooth.

Northern Sahrani looks great,as does that BMP2,less shiny than I remember from earlier images,looks like the camo is darker toned now. The first statement I made was from this image as well.

I am curious as to why a soldier is still in the position in which the loader would be,perhaps they made room for a fourth in tanks? Curious as to why their still using the same soldier models in every vehicle,but I figure that will change when they are ready.

I'd have to say my favorite would be the very last image,looks quite realistic. The darker camoflauge on the blackhawk and its chainguns being pointed down when not in use.

The reflection ability is bluntly shown here,which I love. And the shadows...well...I have played other games without shadows,Armed Assault will be a MUST,I'm upgrading my PC just for it and only it.

And the soldiers arms don't look dislocated now,all in all,I have to say...excellent work.

Maybe time to send this guy or ther istructors to sweden so we can lern them how to use our AT weapons? and not holding it 90degres wrong on its side kind of hard to fire when you cant put your tum on the triger rofl.gif

Firing AT

Maybe time to send this guy or ther istructors to sweden so we can lern them how to use our AT weapons? and not holding it 90degres wrong on its side kind of hard to fire when you cant put your tum on the triger rofl.gif

Firing AT

I dont see any visors, so I guess you're right tounge2.gif .

Btw, is this me or do the fingers look... stratched?

Nice job overall. I hope we get some nighttime stuff soon wink_o.gif

The dirt on the soldiers leg and arm looks really awesome in that AT pic biggrin_o.gif

Will there be individual hand and arm animations for each weapon in Armed Assault?

on the website that hosts the pictures there seems to be a review and a rating (3.5/5). is there anyone out there who can translate that?

on the website that hosts the pictures there seems to be a review and a rating (3.5/5). is there anyone out there who can translate that?

I think thats just a customer/fan rating. Not a review score.

Basicly most if not all websites have a useless star rating. People can choose from 1 to 5 and eventually it will rise or fall,depending on the number of votes and whatnot,my opinion,a very uselses waste of coding.

Basicly most if not all websites have a useless star rating. People can choose from 1 to 5 and eventually it will rise or fall,depending on the number of votes and whatnot,my opinion,a very uselses waste of coding.

Yawn, get over it...it seems that anything that remotely bashes ArmA, you fanboys will call it useless or stupid. IGN posts bad review? "IGN are idiots!!11 they dun understand about the amazing gameplay of realism!!11".

Get over it, some people dont like this game, just like some people dont like BF2 (Surprise, more people play BF2 than OFP!wink_o.gif. You're not any better then them and vice versa.

Yawn, get over it...it seems that anything that remotely bashes ArmA, you fanboys will call it useless or stupid. IGN posts bad review? "IGN are idiots!!11 they dun understand about the amazing gameplay of realism!!11".

Get over it, some people dont like this game, just like some people dont like BF2 (Surprise, more people play BF2 than OFP!wink_o.gif. You're not any better then them and vice versa.

Are you retarded Ukraineboy? meyamoti was talking about websites having a "star rating" but yet you have to come in and post something totally different and flaming the whole community by calling us "fanboys".

Then you attempt to quote us "fanboys" with

Quote[/b] ]"IGN are idiots!!11 they dun understand about the amazing gameplay of realism!!11".

That's what you think about us? Since when do you see ArmA fans typing like that?

Look if you don't like the community then GTFO. banghead.gif

That's what you think about us? Since when do you see ArmA fans typing like that?

Ukraineboy is a huge shit disturber. I'm surprised he's lasted on these forums as long as he had considering the behavior he exhibits.

Ukraineboy is a huge shit disturber. I'm surprised he's lasted on these forums as long as he had considering the behavior he exhibits.

Many of us simply learned to ignore him over the years smile_o.gif

@meyamoti

I don't really get your point. We have introduced rating on all our screenshots on our site, and I find it very usefull. And so do our visitors, since you can see the screenies that have the best votes, also get most visits.

All people visiting the site have the ability to vote, not just registered users, so I don't think it's biased.

But maybe you can explain a little more, what you meant?

Chipper & Dslyecxi flaming and flamebaiting are not tolerated on these forums, please refrain from such behaviour. As much as Ukraineboy IMO missed the point with his kneejerk reaction he didn't (on this occasion) step out of line sufficiently to break any rules.

New screens look very impressive smile_o.gif .

Arma looks a little unbalanced though, the "east" units look old compared with the modern US units, the helms for example stand out alot. I hope they make everything balanced for the sake of MP balance, otherwise nobody will want to play on the east side..

edit: Welcome back Placebo smile_o.gif .

of course people will wanna play the east side biggrin_o.gif

either poeple who love east side stuff, weapons and vehicles or people who after a while want to try something else than the west side stuff wink_o.gif

btw have you checked out the soldiers in the background on this pic http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6499/3lh10001016ng1.jpg?

Btw you see the one soldier running without any weapon in his hands? inlove.gif

Love ya Bis if you made soldiers be able to run faster without weapons now thumbs-up.gif Nice airport control tower too, a little bit dull windows but the colorful beige , yellow walls really makes it stand out. plus the antennas look original too smile_o.gif

Hope they make a enterable version of that building, would be cool to see 'em computers and radios in the control tower, maybe even being able to hear some bleeps and beeps biggrin_o.gif

A fall release would really make me happy ,. but i'll just wait and see.

I'd have to say my favorite would be the very last image,looks quite realistic. The darker camoflauge on the blackhawk and its chainguns being pointed down when not in use.

Yeah, that caught my eye too. That also tells me that there will be some nice animation when the weapon is being pulled up in "ready to fire" position... xmas_o.gif

Or am i wrong?

Arma looks a little unbalanced though, the "east" units look old compared with the modern US units, the helms for example stand out alot. I hope they make everything balanced for the sake of MP balance, otherwise nobody will want to play on the east side..

Heh ... most people have been fighting the idea of artificial balance as found in the original game.

The balance will come from the Northen forces (not east icon_rolleyes.gif ) outnumbering the Southern/US armies. There is no reason why that same numerical advantage can't be replicated in multiplayer. The Northern team could be bigger with the slightly inferior equipment and vice-versa for the Southern team.

It would make for much more interesting gameplay than strict 50/50 teams with balanced weapons and weapon types. confused_o.gif

@meyamoti

I don't really get your point. We have introduced rating on all our screenshots on our site, and I find it very usefull. And so do our visitors, since you can see the screenies that have the best votes, also get most visits.

All people visiting the site have the ability to vote, not just registered users, so I don't think it's biased.

But maybe you can explain a little more, what you meant?

True. It's not biased,just at times uselss,there have been more than one ocassion where people will vote for a screenshot that was 'worse' than another. I'v always been of the opinon of,do not take somebody elses word for it,check it out yourself. Its like a game. People can tell you its good and great,but in the end it is you that decides if it will come onto your computer to be played,what somebody thinks is great is not what another person thinks.

I suppose what I am trying to say is it is better to look at everything,not just take somebody elses word for what looks great and what doesn't. Sorry,I was a bit vague at first.