Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

They need to do something about that ugly arm onscreen... Makes the game look unnessecarily ugly.

If you look closely at the picture, you can see his boots sticking out just above the gun.

Maaaybe it's a rock.

Seems they also took that extra step with the rocket pod,and by that I mean and extra set of faces to form the outside rather than a texture.

They need to do something about that ugly arm onscreen... Makes the game look unnessecarily ugly.

I don’t know if that’s entirely possible without creating severe clipping issues. In third person you see the soldiers are holding the rifle correctly and as you probably know OFP/ArmA doesn’t use a separate model for the first person view, like the majority of fps games (BF2, Raven Shield, HL2, Farcry, etc.)

It makes it look much better, as it's more realistic looking. When you're shouldering your rifle, you will see your hand.

And your entire body will move,not looking like you have a static painted hand holding a weapon against your CHEST

Hmm it still says Armed Assault working title...is this true? Is it possible that with a publisher the name could change?

"All, BOARD Carousel 11 o' clock!"

"2 ready"

"3 ready"

"4 ready"

"5 ready"

"1, 2 engine on"

"2 roger!"

"oh no, 5 is down"

"All, BOARD Carousel 11 o' clock!"

"2 ready"

"3 ready"

"4 ready"

"5 ready"

"1, 2 engine on"

"2 roger!"

"oh no, 5 is down"

lol smile_o.gif

The question is are the reflections showing what is around them or a loaded texture? I'll give an example,yes I must use bf2 once more. Okay so I was staring at the cobra's cockpit glass one day on the carrier and noticed some hills,I looked around and we were in an ocean,ah well. So the next round I take a look at the blackhawks glass while at mashtur city,well I noticed buildings,so I parked it in the desert with nothing but trees and I still saw buildings.

I know what you mean. I noticed this too while looking at the reflections in the scope of my gun.

Quote[/b] ]"2 ready"

"3 ready"

"4 ready"

"5 ready"

"1, 2 engine on"

"2 roger!"

"oh no, 5 is down"

lol You said it man.

The question is are the reflections showing what is around them or a loaded texture? I'll give an example,yes I must use bf2 once more. Okay so I was staring at the cobra's cockpit glass one day on the carrier and noticed some hills,I looked around and we were in an ocean,ah well. So the next round I take a look at the blackhawks glass while at mashtur city,well I noticed buildings,so I parked it in the desert with nothing but trees and I still saw buildings.

I know what you mean. I noticed this too while looking at the reflections in the scope of my gun.

Its better than nothing wink_o.gif

Thats a given,I was just saying I'm curious how it will work,in terms of reflections you won't really be close enough atleast in combat and using mode,to see wether or not the reflection really shows if it reflects its enviroment.

Quote[/b] ]"2 ready"

"3 ready"

"4 ready"

"5 ready"

"1, 2 engine on"

"2 roger!"

"oh no, 5 is down"

The best post i have read in a lot of time biggrin_o.gif

Some new ones added too Clanshout, that i havnt seen before.

arf, those are old pics. but zoomed. grrr smile_o.gif

well id never say those russian ones of the mi17 or what ever before yay.gif

There was info that the entire particle effects system was reworked, and I wonder how they`ll solve it in arma.

US Army module for VBS has

Quote[/b] ] New smoke and fire effects.
, and when looking at the demo movie you can notice that smoke is now getting much higher (even higher than in the ffur06) and looks better, more realistic, like john`s smoke&fire addon. The only thing is that It behaves the same way like in the above mentioned addon, so probably It`s a matter of changed textures, or beta movie (anyone who owns the module plz correct me).

I`m mostly concerned about the rl proportions of ground particles kicked into the air during the explosion, dust, the grey smoke and the darker/blak smoke...

Now, what we can see In arma screens is obviously a wip smoke&fire, probably even in the latest ones from the 5th ofp anniversary.

pic2

pic3

pic4

Bourning objects such as vehicles or buildings are important too. Not every building will automatically be caught in flames after an explosion, that depends on what and where exploded, also how the fire and smoke look is affected by what material is bourning, so there should be some randomness.

pic5

Some new ones added too Clanshout, that i havnt seen before.

arf, those are old pics. but zoomed. grrr smile_o.gif

Are you sure? I don't recognize them.

Guest Ti0n3r

Yupp, they're old

Not all that old really,in terms of the smoke effects rising into the sky I cannot say if its texture or not,I believe its a command script,as its shown in OFP:E as well,the clearer the weather the higher the smoke rises and straighter,the stormier,the shorter the distance but the longer the slant.