Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Quote[/b] ]NEW SCREENSHOTS

14 Apr 2006 - The Eastern bunny came to ArmedAssault.com and brought us some new screenshots which can be found in the left section of the main site.

Thank you Easter Bunny

*notices that whoever wrote that on the ArmA site wrote Eastern and not Easter*

I still hope that easter bunny does something about the weird looking "hill", rest is superb BIS.

Very good details in model overall. But there is still the Black grass/tree on ground. They should unify the colors a bit more for more visual realism.

in this pic:

http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/ArmA_hires_01.png

looks like the Ais still drive in the midle of the street... confused_o.gif

(what if other vehicle comes in diff direction?, will they do the zig zag boring thing?)

It looks like they are parked to me and that nobody is in them but I could be mistaken.

Besides that is the least of my worries.

in this pic:

http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/ArmA_hires_01.png

looks like the Ais still drive in the midle of the street... confused_o.gif

(what if other vehicle comes in diff direction?, will they do the zig zag boring thing?)

It looks like they are parked to me and that nobody is in them but I could be mistaken.

Besides that is the least of my worries.

well i think the most important thing we were looking for was the AI's Behaviour. (improved)

edit: hope so BergHoff wink_o.gif

The new soldiers models are really superb, there tons of visible improvements on them since the first screenshots released.

And those T72/BMP are very nice, the shadow from the tree on the T72 just seems to be real.

Great work on them and thanks for those impressive screenshots icon14.gif

I was thinking maybe to show off the new terrain/trees/forests. Im hoping that those 3 helicopters though are grouped together and flying in a proper formation. Because in my ofp the leader would always fly followed by the next guy. The next guy would check up stop and then go back to formation and kept doing that the whole way.

I hope this water will look as good from sea level as it does here!

arma_water.jpg

I think I'm gonna be doing a lot of sailing! biggrin_o.gif The lighting just looks amazing!  somersault.gif

Yep! Thanks Sarge6754, but we don't need two threads to discuss this!  locked.gif  biggrin_o.gif

about this picture (russians next to BRDM) , I think it's the Field of View that makes the viewdistance seem smaller (so the buildings seem closer)

This is the first time I'm gonna use "OMG" (yeah, I hate lol, omg, rofl etc), so here it goes, wish me luck.

OMG, those screenshots looks amazing! Those are a really big step forward if you compare them to the others.

Really nice done BIS.

Anyone else think that there might be a reason why they hid the beach in the picture of the blackhawk flying over the water?

Maybe BIS hasn't completly finished up how waves crash when they hit the beach, so they hid it with the blackhawk so nobody freaks out.

Everything looks so great, the soldier model is especially amazing.  The forest looks very realistic in this picture too. Not the big block forests we have at the moment smile_o.gif

http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/ArmA_hires_04.png

I wanna know what the yellow sign says.  tounge2.gif

It says.

Quote[/b] ]

THIS AREA

IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

DON'T SEND ME BUG REPORTS

UNTIL THIS POSTER IS REMOVED

XXX

Not sure what the last three letters are.

I'm not sure what the last 3 letters are either, but it would make sense for it to be a developer's name.  The developers I found with 3 letter names are:

Ada

DnA

PSC

I think it looks more like Ada at the end there, but I do remember DnA has put his name on some stuff before, like the old BIS humvee.

*edit: think the three letters might be MEA not sure though

I think they spell ADA or DNA. I bet on the first.