Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDFMOD 1.4 OUT

Is there a chance that you can post the unitnames of all russian and finnish and civillian units that are new with FDF1.4 ?

I need the names for a mission but couldn´t find them at the readme. Pls spare me from looking them all up in the mission.sqm smile_o.gif

You could use mapfactszonewriter/units extractor to get their names,all entries will be saved in your mission.intro

.... if they won´t post the classnames

Tip to mission makers in FDF 1.4 winter missions: not every mission should have 10+ minutes of skiing to get to an objective. As a player, I can tell you it gets really old, really fast... biggrin_o.gif

I could never survive skiing on that one mission. The tanks see you like you're driving a car. I just walked there with time compression on. It's much easier.

Tip to mission makers in FDF 1.4 winter missions: not every mission should have 10+ minutes of skiing to get to an objective. As a player, I can tell you it gets really old, really fast... biggrin_o.gif

You played Berghoff mission where you got to ski to the hospital. I died near the end and had to start again. I hit a tree going down a long steep hill wink_o.gif

In one coop we skiing one hour and then sneak half hour to get near target.

You see, ofp is realistic game wink_o.gif

War have two mode : deadly boring and fight to dead.

You played Berghoff mission where you got to ski to the hospital. I died near the end and had to start again. I hit a tree going down a long steep hill wink_o.gif

tounge2.gif I've updated the mission with several savepoints and some side-objectives, still got to upload the updated file xmas_o.gif

I'm surprised of the fact that someone can actually die during that mission? I got lightly injured for hitting a tree, but the russians didn't care about me at all. I almost went over one man in the beginning, but they didn't care.

Quite nice and immersive, really enjoyed the CAS mission. Too bad you want a plane to take out a mobile AAA though. smile_o.gif

Love the skis, being unable to land on the lake is kinda frustrating though.

In general my feedback would be, make more balanced missions where the odds are more favorable. tounge2.gif

Are we by any chance talking about the sniper SP mission?

That must have been the easiest OFP mission ever. Skiing straight towards the forest I got shot at only once (one round). In the forest, gave the officer a hole in his forehead, then skiied out of the forest, just 75 meters past an enemy patrol (didn't get shot at either), turn left (crossed the path that the patrol was walking). Then it was just a matter of 250 meters until the safehouse. Eaaaaaaaaaasy yay.gif

You could use mapfactszonewriter/units extractor to get their names,all entries will be saved in your mission.intro

.... if they won´t post the classnames

Thx

Would say the same ;-)

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Are we by any chance talking about the sniper SP mission?

That must have been the easiest OFP mission ever. Skiing straight towards the forest I got shot at only once (one round). In the forest, gave the officer a hole in his forehead, then skiied out of the forest, just 75 meters past an enemy patrol (didn't get shot at either), turn left (crossed the path that the patrol was walking). Then it was just a matter of 250 meters until the safehouse. Eaaaaaaaaaasy yay.gif

I couldn't use the skis, I had to walk. On the skis I kept on getting nailed by a tank. Maybe it's my view distance.

"I got a problem

When I try to run fdfmod after installing the ww2 pack i get this error message:

preprocessor failed on file fdfww_w\config.cpp - error 1.

I Run fdfmod in a mod folder and I use no other addons togehter with it. Only fdfmod 1.3 and the ww2 pack

Anyone knows what this can be??"

No one can answer this question?huh.gif?huh.gifhelp.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">No entry 'config.cpp/CfgRecoils.riffleSingle15'.

Problem is in fdf_conf.pbo:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class fdf_makarovbase

recoil="riffleSingle15";

should be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class fdf_makarovbase

recoil="riffleSingle015";

whistle.gif

Actually my comment about skiing was based on a couple of MP coop missions.

I like my missions with slow tempo. Long skiing trips are pretty boring I agree but they give you a good chance to plan your strategy and move into positions freely. And most of the missions offer a truck hidden somewhere near the start so the skiis aren't really the only option. smile_o.gif

Dont know if this is a known bug or not... I get a CTD when I try to deploy the Maxim 32 machinegun:

If the tripod is carried by the player and the gun is carried by an AI loon, the game crashes when the AI gets close to the deployed tripod. The crash does not occur if the AI carries the tripod and the player carries the gun. I think the CTD occurs when the AI tries to select the gun as a handweapon, before it is deployed.

EDIT: There's also a CTD when the AI spots an armored vehicle. Probably it crashes when the loon tries to select the secondary weapon (the gun is carred in the secondary weapon slot).

I gave this mod a try, have deleted it after that. I have no idea why it`s config`d this way. Infantry without injuries, lies on ground and can`t aim because the weapon goes up and down like i have done an 400 meter sprint in real life. The FDF mod could be fantastic, if not nearly all was unrealistic overdone. sad_o.gif

@Mr Tea

If you had shot with a real weapon without rifle rest, you would know the difficulty of aiming. Only thing is to pipe down by pressing the "look around" key...

whistle.gif

I gave this mod a try, have deleted it after that. I have no idea why it`s config`d this way. Infantry without injuries, lies on ground and can`t aim because the weapon goes up and down like i have done an 400 meter sprint in real life. The FDF mod could be fantastic, if not nearly all was unrealistic overdone. sad_o.gif

it seems to me you never shot real weapons or you were born as a highly trained spec op firing ultra modern low recoil weapons. the swaying is not so unrealistic after all as FDF is a conscript army and such people are not the best trained in the world as they ususally have better things to do than be in the army but still have to do it so they're not very interested either in being trained in shooting more than they already have to do in the army (I speak out of experience). Plus when you get nervous and scared your aiming becomes worse. The adrenaline makes it harder to hold your weapon steady. Running around during "battle" (even simulated one) with all the extra weight you carry will also influence your ability to hold the weapon steady further.

I think you're just overreacting a bit. The swaying in the mod is not that much of a problem. sure it's a change from the totally unrealistic 500m headshot sniping with iron sights that you're used from standart OFP but if you give it a try you can get used to it very well. It also helps to fire little series of 2-3 single shots at the enemy because that increases the chance that one will hit. It's just like my experience is from the army. When you're simulatign a battle you don't have much time to get your aiming right and hitting targets at over 250m meter distance becomes a real pain in the ass with iron sights and all the "battle stress" and the fact that exposing yourself too long for aiming clearly will get you shot. SO it happens fast that your aiming is a bitt inprecise due to the stress and short time available and little bit inprecise on 150+ meter can mean you miss the target entirely. especially when it's moving.

Personally I love the recoils, makes PvP a lot more exciting yet does not take away skill like some other dispersion-based methods. yay.gif

I second that, Donner.

FDF is not just OFP with extra recoil, the values that have been changed add together in a healthy mix, where you trade controlability (I don't want to say accuracy as the weapons are still very accurate) of small arms with reworked and more powerful damage values. So in the end, it will be harder to engage multiple targets, but those you hit usually won't stand up again.

In FDF you simply have to relearn how you deal with enemies in the Real Virtuality engine. 7.62 Machineguns no longer do less damage than you average 5.56mm assault rifle does, nor do weapons with the same ammunition cause different damage. Try to behave the way you would in real-life. If you happen to benefit from army drills in the past, use the knowledge you gained, if not, use common sense - that should help you stay alive and become a good e-soldier. wink_o.gif

One thing everybody should keep in mind here is that with the increased recoil values it will be much harder to walk around like Rambo. The FDF values actually promote teamwork. You simply can't take on an enemy infantry squad on your own as easily as you can in OFP. The machinegunner soon will be your best friend right after the medic, who will patch you up when you have been shot in the arms and can't hit the broadside of a barn. If there is no medic, you will still benefit from the fire support of your squadmates. People will care for each other much more than in games, where it's either perfect condition or dead. Penalties like the ones added in FDFmod are something, which I personally don't want to miss anymore.

And now find a good server and go playing... biggrin_o.gif

@ Buliwyf

Don`t tell me i would know, if i had.

I am trained on infantry weapons, from pistol up to anti tank gun. So i wonder who of us had never shot in real life, it is sincierly not me. wink_o.gif

mad_o.gif @ Donnervogel goes the same.

There are some man that can shoot, and some that can do better.

@Mr_Tea

I worked 12 years at german army... so i guess i know how to shot too. Therefor i told you the possibility of piping down by pressing the "look around" key... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]There are some man that can shoot, and some that can do better.

And then there are the ones who play at the CiA coop nights, enjoy the FDF system and learned how to deal with the recoil.

It doesn´t take much to learn how to handle recoil with FDF weapons. You basically do the same like IRL. You try to keep the gun down.

So holster your guns guys and enjoy the FDF deal during online gaming smile_o.gif

I like the FDF approach. It´s much more realistic than the BIS one.