Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDFMOD 1.4 OUT

OMG

I`d don`t meant the recoil, it`s this "weapon handling". It`s like the gun has no wight, it goes too much up and down before i shoot.

You can bet i know recoil, when i served we had the H&K G3, not the H&K G36. wink_o.gif

that's what I meant with "swaying" and cosidering the fact that you can't aim wrongly in OFP (you always have the sight aligned correctly) a slightly exaggerated swaying makes up for what would be erros of inprecise aiming in RL. I'm not saying the weapon behaves like in RL but the effect archieved is that the precission (with a bit of training) is pretty much like in real life from my conscription experience.

@Mr_Tea

Are you able to understand this?

Quote[/b] ]Therefor i told you the possibility of piping down by pressing the "look around" key... wink_o.gif

Yes, of course i understand. But there are many other mods out there, and what`s most important to me, i can understand what the AI is saying. When i use the FDF mod, i can`t understand what my teammates talking about. But that`s another thing. When i sum it up, it is my opinion that i`m incompatible to the FDF mod. However, just a few month left until Armed Assault arrieves. Than i will say good bye to OFP and it`s mods. I hope in Armed Assault the user can tell the programm how it should behave. smile_o.gif

About the "can't understand teammates" -issue...

A. You can just check the radio messages for what they're saying.

B. You can choose not to play on Resistance (takes away some usefulness of this mod, though).

C. You can try to learn to remeber what they're saying.

D. You can just replace the sounds.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Or simple not use this mod, that is what i will do. smile_o.gif

I wonder whether the weapon of FDF could be used outside of FDF Mod? I've tried to use them in ECP and other Mods but the guns and pistols couldn't be fired. Anyone could help for that??

Maybe the FDF ammo is defined in the FDF main config and you can't use the ECP main config at the same time as FDF main config. You'd need to manually edit the ECP config to include the weapon and ammo definitions from FDF mod but that could be quite tricky. And it probably won't be possible to play multiplayer games on servers that use standart ECP with that config then.

I haven't posted here and it's about time I do. I used FDF mod since the beginning and I actually use it even when I don't want to use the FDF units, but just the effects.

I love this mod. The WW2 units are awesome. Just too bad not all armor units are included in the winter version, but that's just a small issue.

I also love the new island with the winter buildings. This is the first OFP island with icecones on buildings!! I allways hated the winter islands without snow on the buildings, so you can imagine I was very happy with this addon (I must say that there are the retextured default island with snowy buildings that are also good, but this island is just better).

About the weapon handling; it takes some time to get used to, but it teaches you to take cover and to take your time when aiming. It's indeed not so different from real-life. It also makes you miss more often, which is actually a good thing, because OFP allways was much to accurate. In RL you can have massive firefights with only a few wounded, in OFP it's more like "last man standing". This will be improved in ArmA I heard though.

Great work FDF-team!!

With kind regards,

Frost

Agreed, the islands are top notch. The FDF units are very good, please note that i sayd i`m incompatible with the FDF mod. This don`t mean the mod is bad. wink_o.gif

I really like this mod. A big thanks to you guys at FDF mod..!!

One problem tho, ai has a problem taking off from Rukajärvis airport. They try to take off but crashes into the tank-obstacles on the other side of a small field.