Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

How do you download that ? I dont understand german !

I think you have to log-in to download.

You must klick on download an wait 5 seconds...then the download begins.

edit: Damm ok..you must login to download ...but i will fix it...

edit2: Download Link is fixed...just klick on "Download Link: Armed Assault Movie Pack.

yes but it is not intresting after all ...

my only thoughts were : hmm two BF2 players trying to play ArmA ...

yeah the video is pretty bad and all the talk is in finnish. It's about an hour long but totally boring. The guys dunno how to play it and just fool around. As someone already said, BF2 comes to mind.

Galileo threw two balls which have different weights from a top of Torre di Pisa. The two balls landed at the same time then he concluded the weight of matter doesn't affect its ballistics. smile_o.gif

It does because the 'heavier' projectile will have a lower muzzle velocity due to inertia, but will maintain its velocity for longer due to momentum (which is greater for an object of higher mass). The 'slower' projectile gets to its target later so has more time to succumb to gravity. wink_o.gif

but the heavier bullet needs less wind correction

btw that DL link takes me absolutely nowhere

well, i finaly got to dl it and its wank. if there was ever a frustrating moment in arma history its now.Pls Bis let the demo commence or sit ya selves down this weekend and make a real video from a proffesional prospective , its turning into a farce.

i never saw such an ill thought out pr campaign in all my life , you have the wiki the site the blog, why are we being pained with shite like this video ?

sack idea games and buy some proffesional beta tester time and show the footage, its all gone pete tong.

my 2cents.

all these pants videos being releases are well turning people away imho.. they look balls..

Release a official trailer or demo please.. yay.gif then we your main buyers can show you how to promote quality.. thumbs-up.gif

i think the almost 500 mb video was pretty ok, though my finnish is a bit weak they said most about everything thats been said before about the game. Nice to see some of the forest areas too in the north sahrani part. just waiting to see what more new info can come out right now.

i think the problem is that these sites got GC2006 preview version w/o BIS approval (leak w/e) ... like Placebo said they not pleased about ... and they produce mediocre PR (sometimes worse)

game is not finished, that was reason it wasn't given to everyone ... now everyone nitpicks about "WIP" or "not yet implemented" features ... who knows maybe due to size this version is W/O any hi-res texture pack w/o any hi definity sounds etc (yes i wish i'm right smile_o.gif ...

banghead.gif

i think the problem is that these sites got GC2006 preview version w/o BIS approval (leak w/e) ... like Placebo said they not pleased about ... and they produce mediocre PR (sometimes worse)

Fansites getting the press version is what we weren't pleased about, press sites were given the press version correctly.

In my humble opinion the ArmA-Zone.pl preview, theNoFrag preview and the Armed-assault.eu coverage were far better in various aspects than any "press sites" - even BI's coverage was less quality and very likely less positive for ArmA than these!

it's a pitty even BI fails to see that.

Quote[/b] ]game is not finished, that was reason it wasn't given to everyone ... now everyone nitpicks about "WIP" or "not yet implemented" features ... who knows maybe due to size this version is W/O any hi-res texture pack w/o any hi definity sounds etc

if you (solely) care about what has been said in this forum by mainly incompetent, uninformed people, I feel sorry for you - quite unprofessional attitude.

In my humble opinion the ArmA-Zone.pl preview, theNoFrag preview and the Armed-assault.eu coverage were far better in various aspects than any "press sites" - even BI's coverage was less quality and very likely less positive for ArmA than these!

it's a pitty even BI fails to see that.

In the end what it comes down to is that the big magazines reach people who wouldn't buy ArmA without reading those articles.

The fansites reach fans who'll buy whatever BI releases.

BI knows this and that's why they can afford to treat the community fairly poorly.

The quality of these reviews put aside .. i for my part am fed up with all the reviews. It´s totally getting outta control if you ask me, everyone´s posting dozens of pics videos etc. just to get a few more visitors (and im sure they´d sell their families too) and we -the community- get to see stuff that was maybe meant to be a surprise with the demo or final. That´s really taking the fun away.

I stopped reading any ArmA previews some weeks ago, sadly the only way to keep anticipation..

The quality of these reviews put aside .. i for my part am fed up with all the reviews. It´s totally getting outta control if you ask me, everyone´s posting dozens of pics videos etc. just to get a few more visitors (and im sure they´d sell their families too) and we -the community- get to see stuff that was maybe meant to be a surprise with the demo or final. That´s really taking the fun away.

I stopped reading any ArmA previews some weeks ago, sadly the only way to keep anticipation..

agreed there

yes me too. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and im sure they´d sell their families too)

-> biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

all the funs already been taken away for me.. like guys wearing banana tops yay.gif

but u know.. with every country getting differnt release dates those who come a long time after will get bombarded with people posting pics and videos of there favortire and new things they saw.. so we cant win anyways confused_o.gif

is there any reason to make m4 and m249 muzzle flash fires rotate??

guns should not fire when changing position.

So you don't want area saturation fire?  How would you stop mass rushes of your position?  One at a time?  How would you suppress?

Edit #3 LOL I need to just go to sleep, not seeing replys to posts goodnight.gif

so we still got those non controlable chutes which flies you into the ocean confused_o.gif

That's the same shit the US Army uses for paradrops. It's supposed to be so you can't control it because otherwise everyone would get tangled onto eachother if you have a lot of jumpers.

yes and no, you surely cant glide it whereever you want, but you can do something with it to try not to land on some place you dont want to

besides if this is not controlable, how the hell could we have a glide one?

Ok the nit-picking is now out of control. banghead.gif

Most of these things have been done with OFP in mods, and they will in ArmA so CHILL OUT! wink_o.gif