Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Ah, I still remember arguing on these very same forums with someone in october 2005 with someone who seriously thought ArmA was coming out in december 2005.. yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Apart from the very poor standard of driving in the map (was it AI or human?), the handling of the car appeared to be a huge improvment on OFP

i am not sure what to think about this video and driving. it seems to me having watched the video ,that the car turns and the head stays straight ,almost like freview is activated,at least the head/eyes, do bot turn at the same time as car.also it seems to pivot from the drivers ass , like it would do a zero turn, dunno just my point of view after seeing the vd, but i think OFP looks a better system, it maybe w i p but were discussing a wip . cause the final product aint here, so to the bully boys,go tell someone who gives a fook, cause i will comment on what ive seen wip or not:)

Quote[/b] ]Apart from the very poor standard of driving in the map (was it AI or human?), the handling of the car appeared to be a huge improvment on OFP

i am not sure what to think about this video and driving. it seems to me having watched the video ,that the car turns and the head stays straight ,almost like freview is activated,at least the head/eyes, do bot turn at the same time as car.also it seems to pivot from the drivers ass , like it would do a zero turn, dunno just my point of view after seeing the vd, but i think OFP looks a better system, it maybe w i p  but were discussing a wip . cause the final product aint here, so to the bully boys,go tell someone who gives a fook, cause i will comment on what ive seen wip or not:)

AFAIK William Porter was a passenger and not a driver so I would not expect the head turning with vehicle to be active anyway!  wink_o.gif

Lol, i am never going to accept it, still i try to get in the right of vehicles in ofp wink_o.gif. but still besides the head catch up view ,it really does seem the center of gravity/pivot point has changed dramatically i only hope it is not like bf2 when you let go of buttons the heli stops and hover. it all reminds me of it with this car bonnet blue mark, it goes away with speed and back with speed.

I was browsing SimHQ today, and spotted this. Is this new?

Link.

Nope. It was already posted in the forum and in the FlashNews.

So what happened to the imminent surprise thingy? It it over jet or are we stil waiting for it? Or...?

I kinda missed out on that one.

1. ARMA H1 2006

2. ARMA Q3 2006

3. ARMA ..... 2...

So, what's next?

You forgot the dates before... 2004...late 2005... etc.

S.D.

Armed Assault has been in production and announced at 2005,it didn't exist in 2004,possibly as a rumor but nothing official. To be honest I don't think the games late or anything,some games take up to three years to make,and then of course I'm sure somebodies going to throw out there "Well EA can pop off games in months" or so...well EA has produced a few good games,but,and I'm sorry for those of you being fans of BF2,but it being the most modern and having the most 'in common' with OFP/Armed Assault,I have no choice.

Okay lets take vanilla Battlefield 2,it was done,had several maps,several weapons and three teams,also several vehicles,with a few variations between the two. Now lets take special forces,there were several people issuing complaints that it was more CPU demanding,it had 6 or 7 maps and another set of weapons that could even be played with in vanilla once unlocked. The added things however were generally useless,night vision. Okay in night vision you have somewhat the ability to see in the dark,but even the slightest light on a metal or so would give too much reflection,and night vision in helicopters was near useless,damn dark brownish red.... Then came European uhh..something...a pretty big failure,alot of people said the voice acting was terrible,it added 3 weapons and a few more maps,and one side,then of course armored fury and who knows whats next..

Anyway looking past that,alot of people for some reason like to compare EA to Bohemia,quite an unfair comparing if you ask me,as EA is a worldwide company with a massive amount of staff that are overcharged hours and underpaid for them,while at the same time releasing more and more things while the higher ups screw up the employees trying to be nice,the crash to desktop bf2 bug as an example,thats supposed to be fixed in the next patch.

Bohemia is obviously not that,a much much smaller staff taking their time to create more realistic games,yes they don't offer the best graphics such as Crytek or EA,but thats what makes Bohemia special,as they stated and as I'v seen myself,these days everyone is trying to make the next gen GRAPHIC game,focusing usually on only graphics. However Bohemia is moreso wanting gameplay over graphics. They also release a large amount of images,be it beta or not,and why? Well obviously we are heard one way or another and they are trying to please the community by doing so,they don't simply tell us everything that will be in it for a suprise factor probably. And its obvious that their not simply after our money,had that been the case,Armed Assault would have been released long ago.

When games are rushed they come out half baked,when food comes out half baked its not so good,same with games,it will be done when its done and thats all there is to it,so asking things "when will it be released?" when you already have leads to such things is pointless.

And Placebo said the suprise will have nothing to do with Armed Assault.

Link.

Really? I only recall the first to AAR's being posted. I just knew it looked like stuff I hadn't seen before, so I decided to post it. Anyway, maybe I wasn't the only one. smile_o.gif

The more media this game gets, the better off we are in the long run.

Link.

Really? I only recall the first to AAR's being posted. I just knew it looked like stuff I hadn't seen before, so I decided to post it. Anyway, maybe I wasn't the only one. smile_o.gif

The more media this game gets, the better off we are in the long run.

You need to visit http://www.armedassault.eu more often smile_o.gif

Btw... Does anyone have my avatar in their internetcache.

It should be named something like Cowtattoo%5B3%5D.gif or just Cowtattoo.gif I don't know what that code means.

Edit: No worries, I found it myself on my own site *embarrising*

I somehow dont believe him either (possibly trying to trick everyone? lol we will find out soon), BIS like to play little games and hide things from the community like they have done many times in the past, thats good though as it makes things more interesting, fun and sometimes frustrating at the same time lol.

Anyway I just cant see how this "surprise" cant be ArmA related, what else are they going to "surprise" us with when ArmA is due out in the next 3 months? I cant see it being a OFP patch since BIS and Codemasters are not together anymore and I think it would really be a waste of time working on OFP when BIS allready have ArmA almost done.

Maybe the surprise isnt a real surprise... More pics, more vids. MORE FRUSTRATION ! mad_o.gif

1. ARMA H1 2006

2. ARMA Q3 2006

3. ARMA ..... 2...

So, what's next?

You forgot the dates before... 2004...late 2005... etc.

S.D.

Armed Assault has been in production and announced at 2005,it didn't exist in 2004,possibly as a rumor but nothing official. To be honest I don't think the games late or anything,some games take up to three years to make,and then of course I'm sure somebodies going to throw out there "Well EA can pop off games in months" or so...well EA has produced a few good games,but,and I'm sorry for those of you being fans of BF2,but it being the most modern and having the most 'in common' with OFP/Armed Assault,I have no choice.

Okay lets take vanilla Battlefield 2,it was done,had several maps,several weapons and three teams,also several vehicles,with a few variations between the two. Now lets take special forces,there were several people issuing complaints that it was more CPU demanding,it had 6 or 7 maps and another set of weapons that could even be played with in vanilla once unlocked. The added things however were generally useless,night vision. Okay in night vision you have somewhat the ability to see in the dark,but even the slightest light on a metal or so would give too much reflection,and night vision in helicopters was near useless,damn dark brownish red.... Then came European uhh..something...a pretty big failure,alot of people said the voice acting was terrible,it added 3 weapons and a few more maps,and one side,then of course armored fury and who knows whats next..

Anyway looking past that,alot of people for some reason like to compare EA to Bohemia,quite an unfair comparing if you ask me,as EA is a worldwide company with a massive amount of staff that are overcharged hours and underpaid for them,while at the same time releasing more and more things while the higher ups screw up the employees trying to be nice,the crash to desktop bf2 bug as an example,thats supposed to be fixed in the next patch.

Bohemia is obviously not that,a much much smaller staff taking their time to create more realistic games,yes they don't offer the best graphics such as Crytek or EA,but thats what makes Bohemia special,as they stated and as I'v seen myself,these days everyone is trying to make the next gen GRAPHIC game,focusing usually on only graphics. However Bohemia is moreso wanting gameplay over graphics. They also release a large amount of images,be it beta or not,and why? Well obviously we are heard one way or another and they are trying to please the community by doing so,they don't simply tell us everything that will be in it for a suprise factor probably. And its obvious that their not simply after our money,had that been the case,Armed Assault would have been released long ago.

When games are rushed they come out half baked,when food comes out half baked its not so good,same with games,it will be done when its done and thats all there is to it,so asking things "when will it be released?" when you already have leads to such things is pointless.

well said man i agree totaly.

In the early years that OFP came out and before it did i didn't pay attention to the community, so what has BiS done in the way of a "surprise" or "trickery" or "play games"? I would like to know to fully understand what Bis is capable(sp?) of.

More pics, more vids. MORE FRUSTRATION ! mad_o.gif

You may be surprised to learn this, but you're not forced to look at pics, you're not forced to watch videos, you're not forced to visit websites, you're not forced to read forums.

If it's all too much for you to cope with you can use "free will" and not do any of these oh so terribly frustrating things (as can anyone else) smile_o.gif

More pics, more vids. MORE FRUSTRATION ! mad_o.gif

You may be surprised to learn this, but you're not forced to look at pics, you're not forced to watch videos, you're not forced to visit websites, you're not forced to read forums.

If it's all too much for you to cope with you can use "free will" and not do any of these oh so terribly frustrating things (as can anyone else) smile_o.gif

What?!

We still have our free will!? crazy_o.gif

whistle.gif

Just a few that I can think of right now, but there has been more.

Behind the scenes, was not so easy to find the area to click on for the link lol.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=28450

Willam Porters blog was not mentioned by BIS to the public, it was found by a community member or members, the word spread and -=UOE.Txalo=- posted the link.

Just a few that I can think of right now, but there has been more.

Behind the scenes, was not so easy to find the area to click on for the link lol.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=28450

Willam Porters blog was not mentioned by BIS to the public, it was found by a community member or members, the word spread and -=UOE.Txalo=- posted the link.

Nice hidden site, didn't take to long to find the hidden site or the password (played the campaign a couple of times).

I'm of to see all the pictures.

Edit: Sorry for going offtopic

Free will? HAHa! That's a good one. Like we have a choice

**ArmA says: "Give your mind to MEEEEeeeee!"**

yEs MaStEr.. i LoVe ARmA.... crazy_o.gif

Here's a linky, hopefuly new: Clickme

couldn't find it elsewhere.

Unfortunately not, Shinraiden posted it a few weeks/months back iirc.

Still interesting reading tho smile_o.gif

So what happened to the imminent surprise thingy? It it over jet or are we stil waiting for it? Or...?

If you read flashnews you'll know that it's not due to be revealed until the next issue (#100) is released. Flashnews is published roughly fortnightly and there is at least another week to go.

Maybe the surprise is an update to OFP that gives us some of the scripting that will be in ArmA; so that we can get up to snuff. wink_o.gif

--Ben

Not related to ArmA banghead.gif

It makes me CRAZY! What can it be?! Hurrrrrrrry, I do not have my free will anymore since I saw the first ArmA screenshot and first heard about a better OFP inlove.gifbanghead.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

They will reveal the true identity of the Tasmanian Devil wink_o.gif