Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

They used Linda already in OFP: Elite, but I suppose BIS will exploit all capabilities in Game2 biggrin_o.gif

I'm still waiting for a good nighttime screenshot/video! banghead.gif

just in case anyone have not noticed yet, the Armed Assault Tech demo here it is:

Armed Assault Tech Demo w/ Screenshots

It looks pretty sweet with the new animations for sprinting, im really enjoying what im seeing! BiS is really comming together and the scale is enormous! did you see how many guys were running accross the screen?! Man and the hands on how they wrap around the weapon in this screenshot.

Well its time to create that mod ive always been wanting to create...

In that screenshot the soldier's face looks like a straight port from ofp:e.

It looks pretty sweet with the new animations for sprinting, im really enjoying what im seeing!

Well, as far i can see it's still the "FROG-RUN".

lmao bout the scene where bout hundred of them doin the Frog-Run biggrin_o.gif

Please BIS, new Animation for running and new Weapon-view!!!

I pretty damn like the sprinting anim, so....but if I remember right, there can be multiple animations for the same things. smile_o.gif

I don't have any probs with this kind of Animation and the weapon view icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks good for me.

In that screenshot the soldier's face looks like a straight port from ofp:e.

all arma faces are from VBS1 , I hope someone makes a face pack for arma when out,

Anyone noticed that the OPFOR is now fatter and not skinny wee soldiers anymore, looks way better now smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

There's no Marek Spanel face in VBS1, but there is one in ArmA o___O

I wonder if the faces are the same for all sides? With track IR being implemented, and the -possibility- (don't know) of directional voice, the faces might become much more important and necessary (e.g. we might use them to identify our buddies as IRL).

I can see it now, a US soldier runs up to a ridge, and just over it is an opfor with Marek's face, "Wait, Marek! Don't shoot! You were on my side in that video! Hey I bought the game, didn't I? I didn't mean the comment on the hair, really! I had that style at one time too!"  

**PAFF!**

See?  Confusion on the battlefield, it would be a bummer  biggrin_o.gif

For the norwegian fans out there, here's an article on a norwegian gaming site: Gamer.no

For the non-norwegian fans out there, not really any new fancy pictures. They say they've been allowed to test ArmA, but most pictures are from the tech demo released yesterday...

I would have translated the article if I had my dictionary and time, but if there's some new information I'll post it here wink_o.gif

[...]with Marek's face, "Wait, Marek! Don't shoot! You were on my side in that video! Hey I bought the game, didn't I? I didn't mean the comment on the hair, really![...]

As far as I know, they're not twin brothers. tounge2.gif

For the norwegian fans out there, here's an article on a norwegian gaming site: Gamer.no

For the non-norwegian fans out there, not really any new fancy pictures. They say they've been allowed to test ArmA, but most pictures are from the tech demo released yesterday...

I would have translated the article if I had my dictionary and time, but if there's some new information I'll post it here wink_o.gif

most of screenshots in that article were already available

I pretty damn like the sprinting anim, so....but if I remember right, there can be multiple animations for the same things. smile_o.gif

Ive never read that before, got a source? huh.gif

Ive never read that before, got a source? huh.gif

I think someone else said that here on the forum.

most of screenshots in that article were already available

Yes, that's why I said there were no new pictures in the article...

I'd like to see the animation info as well. That could lead into some very promising options if true.

Quote[/b] ]Komuna Posted on June 23 2006,12:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Scrub @ June 23 2006,13:26)

[...]with Marek's face, "Wait, Marek! Don't shoot! You were on my side in that video! Hey I bought the game, didn't I? I didn't mean the comment on the hair, really![...]

As far as I know, they're not twin brothers.

DOH! I mean.. Ah, yeah, I knew that whistle.gif

http://www.bistudio.com/flashne....98.html

Quote[/b] ]Imminent Surprise?

We're not revealing any details yet, but keep an eye out for future editions of FlashNews as we have some special surprises planned for the next but one issue. More information to follow.

Imminent... hum.. inlove.gif

edit: i wounder what issue is that?

edit2: for the ones that can translate: http://gamer.no/sniktitt/pc/armed_assault/27151

We're not revealing any details yet, but keep an eye out for future editions of FlashNews as we have some special surprises planned for the next but one issue. More information to follow.

That'll be issue 100 of Flashnews...

That'll be issue 100 of Flashnews...

So it's on news post 99 or 101? crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

just don't know how long will take for each new issue. wink_o.gif

just don't know how long will take for each new issue. wink_o.gif

Me neither wink_o.gif

It looks pretty sweet with the new animations for sprinting, im really enjoying what im seeing!

Well, as far i can see it's still the "FROG-RUN".

lmao bout the scene where bout hundred of them doin the Frog-Run biggrin_o.gif

the frog run was when the gun was pointed up and they were hopping if you keep watching towards the end you can tell that its side to side...

the frog run was when the gun was pointed up and they were hopping if you keep watching towards the end you can tell that its side to side...

What do you mean by this? It sounds like you have an other definition of the frog thing than me?

In my opinion they still run unnatural like idiots. They make steps like if they have 7miles-boots on. It just looks stupid. imo.