Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Guest Ti0n3r

Zenga, your posts don't make sense...

Hahahaha - welcome to the forums!

The OPFOR side is NOT, I repeat, not Russia. They are the Communist North Sahranis, and like most communist states they use Soviet Bloc weapons, older, Soviet Bloc weapons, like the good ole crappy-for-concealment AK74. Sure, modern Russian forces use the funky new matt black 74M, but North Sahrani is behind in the times.

cmon.. this are russian forces.. and not Sahrani comunists..

if you see the screenshots of OFP2 or Game2 you will see they are usin the same guns like in A&A..

they are North Sahrani forces, NOT RUSSIAN, simple as, thats wat BIS say they are seeing as they on the island of Sahrani in the Atlantic, just with communist bloc weaponry, like china, north korea, egypt etc etc. just because they have russian sourced kit doesnt make them russian.

bootneckofficer

and why have America the newest weapons.. i think this is playin in earlier 90tie and they have the guns from 2000 .. the M4 Carabine  and M16A2 from the screenshots are too new AND Tnorth sahrani" too old.. .

Oh god.. icon_rolleyes.gif

@Zenga

the reason they have old communist bloc weapons is because the country is poor and cannot afford to update its weapons like the US can.

bootneckofficer

you should see the south sarahani's, the only vehicles they have are a jeep, truck and M113 wink_o.gif . all in bright colours

tell me why..!! tell me why one of these two sides have better weapons then the other..  and what do you mean they are poor!!?? this is only a game..!! or are they payin they cars in virtual dollars rofl.gif i know that my posts are diffycult to understand for you but i think  that the game is maked fo the us market they have 360 mill people in the USA... Europe have only 320 or so.. dont missunderstood me.. this is my school english i would explain it better so you guys can understand 100% what i mean...

I reckon the game is set around 2007-2008 not in the 90s, this explains the modern equipment on the US forces.

And North Sarahni is a poor communist country. This is why they use old russian equipment.

The OPFOR side is NOT, I repeat, not Russia. They are the Communist North Sahranis, and like most communist states they use Soviet Bloc weapons, older, Soviet Bloc weapons, like the good ole crappy-for-concealment AK74. Sure, modern Russian forces use the funky new matt black 74M, but North Sahrani is behind in the times.

if you see the screenshots of OFP2 or Game2 you will see they are usin the same guns like in A&A..

they are North Sahrani forces, NOT RUSSIAN, simple as, thats wat BIS say they are seeing as they on the island of Sahrani in the Atlantic, just with communist bloc weaponry, like china, north korea, egypt etc etc. just because they have russian sourced kit doesnt make them russian.

bootneckofficer

and why have America the newest weapons.. i think this is playin in earlier 90tie and they have the guns from 2000 .. the M4 Carabine  and M16A2 from the screenshots are too new AND Tnorth sahrani" too old.. .

Oh god..  icon_rolleyes.gif

Bis is always talkin about balance ´between sahrani and usa what balance.. no T80´s

tell me why..!! tell me why one of these two sides have better weapons then the other..  and what do you mean they are poor!!?? this is only a game..!! or are they payin they cars in virtual dollars

Believe it or not, some people do think tis fun to simulate realism in a game, and some pisspoor island wouldnt have state of the art equipment in real-life.

BUT OFPFORUM! WHERE IS TEH BALANCE THEN!? crazy_o.gif

Numbers... The US are outnumbered by the north sarahanis, and an AK47 maybe be old, its just as deadly as an M16 when used correctly ('1. aim in general direction of the enemy 2. pull trigger 3. repeat) yay.gif

Exactly.

Maybe they have 4 t72s for every M1, or more anti tank troops, or more ground attack helicopters, etc.

Exactly.

Maybe they have 4 t72s for every M1, or more anti tank troops, or more ground attack helicopters, etc.

you need 4 hits to destroy a M1 there i no balance! do you remember in OFp how many times you have to hit a Tank before you destroy it Bmp - Shilka 1 Hit T55 2 Hits T72 3 and finally T80 4 Hits and back to the money.. they are poor but they have a lot of 72 hmmm strange no money but sooooo many tanks biggrin_o.gif ok enough of this.. i want the game like you want it.. im just here to describe what im thinking of this game.. i love it.. but they should cahnge many things.. to make this game perfect.. i will wait until the first addon came out..

im becoming a A%A freak every f***** day i wait for some new informations.. and nothings come.. this is so depressive.. and in this forum i can loose some agressions.. when im writing bad about the BIS team.. to make them also a little it angry and let them know how it feels when you are waiting for a game for 6 years and they still dont when the relase date is cmooooooooooooooooooooon !!!! goodnight.gifgoodnight.gif

Exactly.

but its also about te look the weaponery of the us looks better..

Juat because it looks nicer doesnt mean its better.

i give up you are too many against me..

1. aim in general direction of the enemy 2. pull trigger 3. repeat

rofl.gif That's the best summary of infantry warfare!

Anyone seen the new banner at Armed Assault.com

Banner 1

Banner 2

Banner 3

Banner 4

Banner 5

Banner 6

Sorry if this has already been posted I don't recall seeing it anywhere though although one of the images (Boat one) looks familiar.

Old infantry models resurrected and made better quality? Yay! Say no to the eye-catchy ACU.

WOW.. look at banner 6. i really do hope those VEhicles and animations will be used in the actual release * i see they addressed the flag issue in banner 1 *

WOW.. look at banner 6. i really do hope those VEhicles and animations will be used in the actual release * i see they addressed the flag issue in banner 1 *

Also on picture 6, water looks fu*ktastic. smile_o.gif Hopefully it's not some out-of-the-game render.

Well all of those shots are renders, so I wouldn't get your hopes too high, even though the water in Arma is massively improved.

The details like soldiers wearing BDU camo and foliage in the last render also suggest that those were made months, even a year or two ago.

The alternative explaination is that these are the first pictures of the Marines ... Though I don't know if anyone can say whether the gear they are wearing is even close to that used by the US Marines?

Edit: Nah, look at the radio position (behind shoulder) - those were the original models we saw in the early screenshots.

Errr.........I think those banners are a bad idea. It’s one thing to photoshop ingame screenshots, but renders are a totally different story. It’s almost like advertising that the game has “crysis†like graphics (especially banner 6). I know it’s “only a banner†but, I still don’t like. My .02 cents. crazy_o.gif

Well anyone who takes the banner as what the real thing looks like probably should spend more time looking at screenshots.

Don't badmouth the wonderful looking banners!

Quote[/b] ]know that my posts are diffycult to understand for you but i think that the game is maked fo the us market they have 360 mill people in the USA... Europe have only 320 or so.. dont missunderstood me.. this is my school english i would explain it better so you guys can understand 100% what i mean...

Entire europe's population is somewhere between 700-800 million i think. The united states is definetly under 300 million somewhere around 280.

Entire europe's population is somewhere between 700-800 million i think. The united states is definetly under 300 million somewhere around 280.

The 2000 census puts us at around 281 Million. 2006 Estimates are around 299 million.

Hi all

The population of the European Union alone is

461,500,000 according to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

According to the CIA Fact book it is 456,953,258 (as of July 2006 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ee.html

Of course the European Union does not include all European countries all though most of those not yet in want to join.

In 2005, the population of Europe as a whole was 728 million or 11% of the world population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe_population

so CsonkaPityu is in fact correct.

Never the less a game has to make it in as many markets as possible. Nowadays the big markets are increasingly becoming Europe the US and Asia owing to the growth of China and India.

Succeed in any one of these three and you will do well do it in all three and you are sorted.

Kind Regards Walker

bootneckofficer

Since when does China use Russian equipment? wink_o.gif