Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I still dont see how the graphics are bad,I think their just blind or something,seriously.

Just compare them to crisis, then the world looks empty and ugly wink_o.gif

I know i know, the scale of ArmA beats the hell out of crysis, and ArmA doesnt kill your PC, but try to hammer that into the heads of Non-ofpers wink_o.gif

I can compare this situation to a Mod for BF2 - Project Reality - completely different gameplay, strive for realism, slower pace, no ramboing possible.

Not SO many played it or liked it, nonetheless those that did were mostly the mature and friendly part of the community smile_o.gif

Prolly because modded servers are not ranked.

For some strange reason people love to grind, its a mechanism well known in MMORPGs and since the succes of WoW it seems developers of other multiplayer games are adopting it aswell smile_o.gif

Ask a BF player how did the game go last evening, and you will hear "oh I gained XY points / rank / whatever" more often than "we had a great game with a good team".

I still dont see how the graphics are bad,I think their just blind or something,seriously.

Just compare them to crisis, then the world looks empty and ugly wink_o.gif

I know i know, the scale of ArmA beats the hell out of crysis, and ArmA doesnt kill your PC, but try to hammer that into the heads of Non-ofpers wink_o.gif

And how many games can really be on par with Crisis?

And yeah..its kinda sad these days how people look mostly at graphics over gameplay and things you can do really...

Eye on appearence comment,I must say that AA has the sexiest blackhawk I'v seen yet,both model and textures,its not bland really.

Problem in terms of graphics and some such is that the community seem sto be thinking,once more gonna say it,inside the box,what they see and not what lies ahead. Water has moving waves and is semi transparent,more depending on the weather,waves also depend on weather,so perhaps water will be more editable,rivers MAY BE POSSIBLE due to static water being able to be animated. (OFP:E reference) And with sound effects. And I believe BIS said they would release tutorials when or before the game comes out along with the tools,perhaps a hint showing that they want the community to do what they want?

Hopefully bunny hoopers will stay in BF2 and similiar arcade crap... ArmA for dedicated, our team will definitely award serious milsimers and punish players that don't respect teamplay, tactics, etc.

yeah! Oh god, please keep them there and not here! crazy_o.gif

Seconded, lest I be forced to add my character a "strokegun" weapon when my "team" are doing dolphin dives and prone-jumps out of cover, and circle strafing tanks.

Sit <whack> the <whack> f**k <whack> down! <whack>

I do believe there is no capacity in ArmA to do any of those things... So I guess I'd kinda freak if I saw them.  crazy_o.gif

except strokegun.. that needs to stay in! (maybe changed to a backhand smack)

I hope that the AI can use strokegun properly this time, its pretty funny to see them strokefghting eachother wink_o.gif

(Altough totally useless tounge2.gif )

Really funny to see how all you armchair generals think you're better than the average bf2 player only because you play a game which is in some aspects a tiny bit more accurate. Actually the only difference between for instance OFP CTF and BF2 CTF is that OFP gameplay is much slower. The players aren't more mature and teamplay and discipline are rare in both games (at least on public servers).

Guest Ti0n3r

wrong thread crazy_o.gif But AfrographX does speak the truth.

Please stick to discussing "ArmA Progress Updates", if there are no updates to discuss then there's no need for discussion in this thread until there are updates smile_o.gif

They gave us an update not long ago,and correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said they have 3 months of development left icon_rolleyes.gif

They gave us an update not long ago,and correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said they have 3 months of development left  icon_rolleyes.gif

wasnt E3 may 9th 12 th ? when that vid came out  close to 3 months ago or am i wrong?

They gave us an update not long ago,and correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said they have 3 months of development left icon_rolleyes.gif

wasnt E3 may 9th 12 th ? when that vid came out close to 3 months ago or am i wrong?

It has nothing to do with the video,it was a 3 month development anouncement that was spoken of lately,in one of the interviews or so,besides,all US citizens shouldn't get their hopes up upon AA release,Europe gets it first for a month or two wink_o.gif of course we can always try to.......wait..... no not the same money, banghead.gif

They gave us an update not long ago,and correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said they have 3 months of development left  icon_rolleyes.gif

wasnt E3 may 9th 12 th ? when that vid came out  close to 3 months ago or am i wrong?

Last time I checked May was last month, 3 months ago?

Guest Ti0n3r
Wake up Placebo..., it's time for the little special yay.gif

1: We don't know if the little special has anything to do with ArmA and/or June 22nd.

2: June 22nd is tomorrow

... yay.gif

OFP was released June 21st here in Scandinavia.

Congratiolations all Danes, Swedes and Norwegians. it is now 5 years since we got OFP smile_o.gif

!!!

Oh, and I am pretty sure that we will see one of the 'announcements' tomorrow smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

It was?!? Happy Birthday OFP notworthy.gif

Edit: Opps, sorry for going offtopic... :/

lol, congrats then yay.gif

edit: can i ask where will be updated that new info about the surprise?

The announcement will be that placebo is the new CEO of Bohemia Interactive.

tounge2.gif

I wonder what

Quote[/b] ] 3D optics are implemented.
means...

Does it mean that ArmA will have 3d Iron sights or no? Implemented doesn`t mean functional, and we already know that the WIP ArmA pictures show 2d sights.

Placebo, could you confirm If there will be functional 3d iron sights in ArmA plz?

An implement is a tool or something that is put to use. When I implement a design policy, I'm putting it into effect.