Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Quote[/b] ]The german magazine Gamestar wrote " We will test oure preview version of Armed Assault, and tell you next month if Armed Assault is only Flashpoint 1.5."

If we will follow their logic... then quake 4 actualy only quake 1.4. There is only new graphics, updated engine, new content, new technology and so on…  If we have super Mario to run around country side and shoot the babble… then yes, we have completely new Quake 4.

But BIS openly admitted that it was going to be OFP1.5 (even though they trew more stuff in then originally planned) wink_o.gif

And somehow people just love certain games and give them high ratings even though they sometimes give the same bad-points to a less known game, but the well knows game gets a high rating and the less known game gets a low rating, even though they have the same good/bad points wink_o.gif

(God im tired, my english is almost unreadable today...)

Guest Ti0n3r

Well I have my very own copy of OFP 2.88 on my computer, so I'd say screw OFP 1.5! yay.gif

Well I have my very own copy of OFP 2.88 on my computer, so I'd say screw OFP 1.5! yay.gif

You know it is illegal to time travel, you could kill us all....lol

Now new PDF?

BIS Press KIT!!!!

and for all Websitecreators: ArmA Font: Faktos

smile_o.gif

thats wierd if you look at all the soilders with guns in there left hand in that pic . they have dwarf type hands with super long fingers. can that happen in real life some gun overuse? huh.gif

Yeh does look a bit strange. huh.gif

But that's not even in-game.

Guest Ti0n3r
Whoever wrote that needs a serious lesson in English grammar. Jeez...

Indeed. That kind of English just makes them look bad confused_o.gif

Whoever wrote that needs a serious lesson in English grammar. Jeez...

Indeed. That kind of English just makes them look bad confused_o.gif

Who cares ?

This kind of english is good enough for english N00bs like me. These guys should make a good game, not write a good "letter" biggrin_o.gif

This kind of english is good enough for english N00bs like me. These guys should make a good game, not write a good "letter" biggrin_o.gif

classic_wink.png

New Video on PC Format blog showing off Track IR head movements.

Come 'n geddit.

this VIDEO should be here..

FOR THE LOVE of GOD!! Looks so real! blink.gifinlove.gif

worship.gif

edit:ups double posts, sorry.

Holy crap! I might have to get me some of them Track IR thingy's,definatly makes it feel more immersive than a mouse can,and the head movements are so smooth. thumbs-up.gif

To be honest,somehow the way things look make AA seem more realistic in appearence than most games I'v seen,the rest just look kinda painted up.

Wait a sec..this is kinda odd...that video shows the 5Ton truck as the old OFP one,and yet in photos released in Williams blog we clearly see it redone. 027qy.jpg Which is also in the trailer.

Just food for though (me and my useless point outs) Now no this is not nitpicking but moreso speculation of video date or perhaps that BIS is indeed hiding more than we know,considering the date in which the image appeared in William's blog, April 28th, 2006

To be honest if thats the final quality of the game for Track IR,then hell..its more or less perfect.

Wait a tick... Hmm...I could be wrong but I think they made the possibility of Shadow LOD's being more complicated (more faces) possible...yeah..hard to say on the vehicles because I can't see them well,the camera always moves away when I can get a good look,but its definatly on the soldiers.

because the pictures from william's blog are the current build of ArmA. Well more current than e3 demo.

True,I'm just curious why images with things that had more work were released before E3 and,then again I could have my dates wrong..damnit ><

Not too sure if this is the correct topic to point this out but it seems every topic is now talking about the TrackIR video but this isn’t so much to do with TrackIR than the progress of the animations, they’re looking a lot more fluent than predicted however there are still imperfections, for instance the capture below taken from the TrackIR video. I also believe that the transition from walk to sprint is far too fast.

anierror.jpg

Not too sure if this is the correct topic to point this out but it seems every topic is now talking about the TrackIR video but this isn’t so much to do with TrackIR than the progress of the animations, they’re looking a lot more fluent than predicted however there are still imperfections, for instance the capture below taken from the TrackIR video. I also believe that the transition from walk to sprint is far too fast.

[mg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/gsuned/anierror.jpg[/mg]

Like was said above the Track ir video is from the E3 press demo and is not the current build. Notice also in that pick how the Humvee is parked on top of an upright reflector post!  tounge2.gif  Also compare the Humvee in your pick with the one above from WP's blog.  wink_o.gif

Verdict: Old WIP.  smile_o.gif

Also if you play that part of the video the thumb in question is undergoing an animation and is almost imposible to see it properly as it is very fast.

We've been told a thousand times that the animations are still WIP and will be different in the final build... so WHY do you even bother bringing these things up again when we know that they will be changed and all it will do is cause more people to complain!

confused_o.gif

Just let it be, please!

Why?  Maybe because it's what they enjoy.  Maybe because they LIKE to point things out to others that are interested.  I think we all get it that it's WIP WIP WIP.  Can we all please just say the constructive things we want to say?  OFPForum just (ok, in the past few days) pointed out about 5 different things that were 'off' in some pics to mock the others that would have pointed them out anyway..  Let's just let people be people if they are not being rude, obnoxious, insulting and such, ay?  Hmm sounds like sombody I know from somewhere  (not you Kyle or OFPForum). *to self: do not flame. do not flame.* biggrin_o.gif  

Besides, you never know when someone at BIS will see a nitpick here on the forums and say, "I looked right at that and never saw it."  wink_o.gif

Edit: grammar

Quote[/b] ]Verdict: Old WIP. smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]We've been told a thousand times that the animations are still WIP and will be different in the final build...

Look, not splitting hairs here but screenshots are slightly different to videos; you can’t judge animations from a screenshot. And its all well and good developers saying something will be fixed/changed but how many times have developers said this in the past and failed to deliver on their promises? Fair enough BIS have an excellent track record in my opinion and I do believe they will follow through on their promises but some people have this blind faith that Armed Assault will be perfect without any conclusive evidence.

It'd be pretty cool if BIS came out with a line of Armed Assault action figures.  You could buy a William or a Frank complete with ACU, digital camera, and keys to the sunken pickup.

"The Misadventures of Will and Frank" rofl.gif

Sadly, that would actually be the first set of action figures I will ever buy. wow_o.gif

Heck, maybe you could even get:

"The Southern Sarahni grunt" - now with exploding teeth! Put him out on drill and watch the teeth fly!

On another note, this pic (thanks armedassault.org) has a nice view of the sights and the surrounding area, very nice. Need to watch the video again to see if it's magnified or 3D. Very nice!

Go BIS Go notworthy.gif

Yup,I missed that painful looking finger snap when I saw the video,as for the humvee,their both the same,its just difference in locations of how the suns light reflects off it.

Yeah the nit picking it old,but I haven't seen any. "omfg BIS you NEED to change this!" flaming going on,so I agree with Scrub,generally most 'problems' are pointed out with some curtousy,not a handful of insults,so theres not much harm done.

I am relieved of another thing in that video,in the past screens I noticed that the texture seemed to 'gif.ify' and the colors would become smudges,didn't see that in the video so I'm guessing it may have been an issue fixed,I duno,but I'm glad they did.