Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

NIMOD Dynamic Weather

Now we just need that bulltets are affected by the wind and it would be great! biggrin_o.gif

Would it be possible to make grass the way you made this weather changes? There was some grass addon that created grass around you in certan radious, but was not so practical like yours addon. I think if you could be able to do this you would be put on altar of OFP legends biggrin_o.gif .

What about tumbleweed? Is that possible?

and little wirlpool type wind effects blowing leaves and dirt around the floor in places tounge2.gif although IRL this will only happen in alcoves and cul de sac

also take a sky addon and make new 2 clouds for it ...by clouds i mean make invisble 2 d clouds so they dont show up..then you will have sky and 3d clouds instead of sky and 2d + 2d clouds

@smiley_nick:

i tried this with all kinds of viewdistance.

i moved from 2000 to 500.and its enjoyable around 500m.

terrain detail in normal.

Thank you again for so many comments. Don't ever stop posting them thumbs-up.gif

Many has been saying random isn't really random at all. The change interval is about five minutes but due to lack of time and due to nature of random effect we haven't had time to test it enough. System in it should work but as you all know 'should' doesn't mean it 'does'.

For all you desert lovers a sand storm is under work and will be included in next update.

Quote[/b] ]how about.......animated rain to replace the ofp one? just like the snow?

Rain in OFP is a texture that is layed infront of player and it is 2D effect. Snow in this addon is created with drop[] command as particles. It is 3D effect. We though of changing the rain texture but decided it was not worth the work it would have caused.

Quote[/b] ]Just for reference, what settings on the BIS fog slider should be used for the different levels of fog?

Fog effect changes this automatically but it isn't really working. We'll take a look at why it isn't working and adjust it to work better.

Quote[/b] ]And yes, "heavy snow" must be more heavy, maybe with lower viewdistance so it don't lag.

To get heavy snow as I wish too is not really possible. It causes performance issues. We'll take this under spyglass and try to make it more intense.

MP testing is also an area that hasn't been tested and can never be tested enough. I heard that it caused terrible lag in 10 player game so if you're testing your MP mission why not test this addon at the same time. huh.gif

Thank you again for all these comments. I'd say it your right to ask what you want and our task to provide it to you.

VCB are close to using this, so we'll be able to give you some decent feedback on performance on a dedicated server upwards of 10-15 players

maybe can throw some missions togheter with this and use it on the OFP Info server whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]VCB are close to using this, so we'll be able to give you some decent feedback on performance on a dedicated server upwards of 10-15 players

That's exactly what is needed. Thanks Messiah biggrin_o.gif

Hope you won't encounter too many problems sad_o.gif

I have to say that this is very good indeed. I am impressed.

Especially with the clouds. They are effected by light too. I don't know, small things eh?

Awesome stuff. Nothing to say that hasn't been said already. A more variable blizzard effect would be good (one with more 'gaps' of visibility), the leaves are ace, the snow is ace, the clouds are all totally amazing, spent about 1.5 hours flying around over CAT Afgahnistan in a Twin prop DC at dusk with the lights on, just watching the clouds light up smile_o.gif

Can't wait for the sandstorm update. Really hope the MP works out as that's what i play mostly.

Good work!

One other thing, a way of setting the height (base and ceiling) of clouds, fog and blizzards would be ideal. That way you could set basins or river valleys to be filled with early morning mists and mountain tops to be covered in blizzards and clouds smile_o.gif *starts drooling...*

Which one of the Game Logic thing is responsible for lightning? I used rain and thunder, but didn't see any lightning.

Btw, can the lightning hit the flying plane?

Sorry to hear about the problem with heavier snow. It would of been great to make mission in some badass blizzard on some island like Sozvezdie.

Thanks for all the comments and ideas, we are working on all of them and should be ready for the next update.

The lighting happens on random occasions, it might be pure luck that you will see it, just like in real life, for best results its better to view it at night, as you can follow the flash and get a glimpse.

im afraid its impossible (afaik) for the lighting to cause any sort of damage, and it would be 1 in a million chance of you getting hit by it in a plane :P

We are also working on a new rainbow feature, and a new, high res sky pack in conjunction with "wheres my rabbit". Keep the ideas flowing smile_o.gif

Smiley

Brilliant addon! Just the kind of thing to make OFP last longer. As a test, I threw together a little skirmish between Soviet and US squad. It took place in one of the forests on Nogova. October the 19th, early morning. The sun casts a reddish glow on the meandering fog. Somewhere, an owl voices its satisfaction with a succesful hunt. Leaves fall serenely as two groups of men blow each other to pieces biggrin_o.gif

Combined with FFUR, this is a whole new experience:)

After playing around with this the past day I have to say it does bring new life into the game. It creates such a realistic atmosphere, very impressive and noteworthy work smile_o.gif

As mentioned before it would be pretty interesting to have something like a light fog/mist that would drift over the ground. Still, this is quite an accomplishment, thank you!

i just came to think of a small thing you could add (maybe)

Auroras (nordic lights or whatever you like to call them)

you know those coloured "lights" you can see on the winter skies if you are far north (like northern scandinavia)

think there is something like that in FDF mod..

that would be cool for winter missions smile_o.gif

...and I thought we took all into concider...

...and ideas just keep coming...

Thank you again (don't know how many times I've already said that tounge2.gif ) for your comments. We've tried to make as much of those as possible. Still we need to left something out.

For example the dynamic grass wouldn't be really MP friendly because of the random features. A good idea and might provide something in the future. It just really isn't a weather effect.

Quote[/b] ]Which one of the Game Logic thing is responsible for lightning? I used rain and thunder, but didn't see any lightning.

As the name expresses, it should provide lightning but it doesn't. The bug was found and is fixed. Before the release of updated version you can use Thunder Clouds logic to see the lightning effect. As Smiley said before, the effect is at it's best in dark conditions.

Quote[/b] ]We are also working on a new rainbow feature...

crazy_o.gif Hussh... someone might hear you saying that...

Yes, northern lights... We'll take that under investigation too. icon_rolleyes.gif

Be patient and keep posting your ideas smile_o.gif

This is an awesome addon: it puts a lot of atmoshpere in OFP. I love the falling leaves and the fog effects expecially.

You've done a great job! Keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

Klavan

kegetys had northern lights with his winter nogojev - worth a look perhaps? They were amazing from what i recall smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]kegetys had northern lights with his winter nogojev

Wouldn't it be wrong to just steal his work? wink_o.gif

Awesome work - fine atmosphere becomes generated by that add.

But my question to use in my mission:

I want to activate the blizzard after a period of time.How to manage this?I created a logic (Blizzard) after a few minutes but the weather won´t change.Any suggestions?

Sorry,made it by createvehicle getmarkerpos "pos"

whistle.gif

You sorted it out?

Well, I'll tell you anyway.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bliz = "NIM_Blizzard1" createvehicle getpos player

That will make it happen. The transition is poor as it's too fast. I probably should make it better compatible with other parts. icon_rolleyes.gif

You can't stop it, though tounge2.gif

Thank you for this great addon - in combination with Llaumax sky and conspiracies config - for me it has some kind of *DXDLL status (means a *must have) for OFP

BI_NIM_Llaumax_sky.JPG

greetz