Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

NIMOD Dynamic Weather

ooooohhhhh, i like it!

btw, does anyone have something similar but with random startingtime of the mission?

so that you never knows if the mission will be day or night or (combined with this addon) what weather it will be biggrin_o.gif

inlove.gif  great addon

Clouds%20F86_1.jpg

spend at least one hour only flying over Nogova and watching the clouds.   tounge2.gif

Also the falling leaves make for a really grat scenario on Autumn Nogova

Thanks for your hard work.

Amazing inlove.gif , very well done, just placed a bunch of enemy a.i. under blizzard and it really kills their ability to see just like heavy fog does.

Did notice a bit of performance loss but was just a bit on some cloudy weather, flying will never be the same, outstanding work notworthy.gif .

Amazing work!

Never thought I'd see something like this in OFP notworthy.gif

B52_R.jpg

And I found a cloud that DOESN'T look like a whale or and elephant ... this one looks like my Teddy !! tounge2.gif

Teddy.jpg

Yup, this is an amazing addon. It suffices to say I've spent 20 minutes just flying around from one cloud to another. Well done, guys! biggrin_o.gif

Is this addon best used without any of the sky packs. Also when it's raining and your inside a building the rain is still on screen. Is this an engine limitation. Plus when i chose heavy fog i noticed no differance to medium fog. That's why i'm thinking this pack might be best as a stand alone. I love the falling leaves but would like to know if there are more than one autum island. Overall 9/10 but for ease of use 10/10. This kinda stuff brings OFP that much closer to actually being there. thumbs-up.gif

Great addon. It just adds a lot of atmoshpere in missions. A must have addon for every OFP player thumbs-up.gif

NIce addon!

but How can I get clouds that thick? when I tried there was maytbe 2 or 3 clouds in the sky...is there something I'm doing wrong?

And I cant get any lightening/storm effects like in that screenshot on the first post.

But it is great from what I can see!

Anyone have any suggestions as to which sky pack this goes best with? I am using the NAM skypack right now (haven't tried this addon yet) and it is perhaps a bit over the top by itself, but I like it. I'm wondering if it might not go very well with this addon or if it was designed using the default sky and that is what it looks best with...

Just curious. nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]I like it, the leaf stuff is extra good. 1 annoying thing - seems like the storm clouds are a bit too blue for their own good. Might just be my settings, though. Excellent work

If you could post or send me a screen shot, i can compare it with other versions. It could be your settings, or it  might be the case they are in fact too blue, thanks smile_o.gif

The default BIS rain/storm skies are very yellow. The clouds look blue against this yellow, where they would probably look grey against a neutral or bluish background.

Yeah this looks damn fine. So you say it works fine with ecp? Is llaumas skypack adviseable?

Yes, really great work and a great addition to OFP...won't miss it and will use it all time now.

Good job! notworthy.gif

Greetz

Plage

Yet again thank you all for the positive feedback. It is recommended that you either use "wheres my rabbit" sky pack, or "llaumas" skypack for best results. As they both give a more "natural" and more crisp looking look.

To answer your questions...

The clouds are created depending on the players view distance as they are dynamic, if you have a low view distance only clouds within that view distance will be created to prevent unnessacery lag. Also using dxdll can help make the clouds look more solid and thick.

Also experiment with the cloud types to get the best result you are after. From using the small clouds with one layer to the large white clouds with two layers. Its all down to personnel preference and PC specs.

The rain inside buildings is a ofp bug, as its just a flat texture, nothing we can really do about that sad_o.gif.

The thunderstorm sounds and lightning effect happens randomley, you just have to wait and listen, and keep your eyes open to notice the effect. As we wanted to make it as real as possible, so you never know when your going to see or hear the crack of thunder until its over your head biggrin_o.gif

We have also decided to update the weather, from the feedback you have all said.

1.) Fog is now fixed

2.) Storm clouds are more of a grayish tone

3.) Blizzard has been upgraded to include even more snow!

4.) Thunder sounds have been increased in volume.

You can use the same link, found at the start or you can just click here again to obtain the updated version.

NIM Dynamic Weather Update

Smiley

This is too cool, man! I'm really impressed, you put it in game easy and it looks fantastic! Great work!

i notice a FPS drop.(big one)

i was testing ilo ilo island with some clouds over it.

suddenly i noticed a mojor fps drop after i started the game.

this propblem is on the other islands too.without the clouds fps is 18-30 but with clouds fps is 6-12 sad_o.gif

I know the clouds arnt 100% lag free but we tried to make them as lag free as possible. It might be a case of having to cut down on a a few things such as view distance, or terrain detail if you wish to use the weather. Of course it differs on every ones pc because of the individual specs, but i myself have a average machine and i found no problems, getting about 28fps with the clouds. Would you be able to tell me your view distance or terrain level details?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Smiley

What can I say...

This is fantastic! Simple to use and great effect!

A big thank you for this amazing addon, I will never play without it anymore!

MfG Lee thumb.gif

I made a mission with this add-on in FDF "Border Island winter". And it worked perfectly. except for that my comp is gay, so FDF kinda ruins it sad_o.gif . All new missions should have this add-on. But it seems like the AI can see throug fog, while i was running in enemy territory, a guy shot me down in a distance about 200m confused_o.gif But it rules anyway!!

Just one word :

BRILLIANT and so simple to use (mmm that's not just one word, is it ?)  notworthy.gif

Ai seeing through fog thing, also set the default ofp fog just a bit lower than the view of the NIM fog... hence the AI dont shoot through it as easily, and you dont see crappy BIS fog smile_o.gif

This is very nice but it's not really 99.9% lag free 'cause it's quite obvious that you get a FPS drop hence you might get lag when you normally wouldn't.

One small change you could do is to add the setRain command to the snow scripts so you wont get rain even though you set the overcast over 0.7.

From ofpec:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">time setRain rainDensity

Operand types:

time: Number

rainDensity: Number

Type of returned value:

Nothing

Description:

Set rain density smoothly during given time (in seconds). Zero time means immediate change. Rain zero is no rain, rain one in maximum rain. Rain is not possible when overcast is smaller than 0.7.

Example:

60 rain 0

I don't know anything about scripting but that seems like a simple thing to add.