Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

NIMOD Dynamic Weather

Agree with the others ... need to slow the mist down a bit .. it moved too quickly across the landscape (or sea smile_o.gif )

But otherwise ..... great biggrin_o.gif .

Shame about the frame rate drop, but as with many things like this .... to be expected.

hi,

is the dynamic wheater addon comptabile to modulsky 0.9 and the ecp core 1.085 ?

hi,

is the dynamic wheater addon comptabile to modulsky 0.9 and the ecp core 1.085 ?

yes it is thumbs-up.gif

Is there an easy way to use the dynamic weather with the missions I already have?

Or do I have to edit every misson and campaign in the editor to get it to work?

When I needed someone to test this in MP I was contacted by sickboy (not sure if that's right nick tounge2.gif )

He had a program that ran through the given folder and placed the correct lines in the mission.sqm file. He said he placed a game logic into 600+ missions with that. I can try to contact him and ask for that program. Can't promise anything, though. confused_o.gif

When I needed someone to test this in MP I was contacted by sickboy (not sure if that's right nick tounge2.gif )

He had a program that ran through the given folder and placed the correct lines in the mission.sqm file. He said he placed a game logic into 600+ missions with that. I can try to contact him and ask for that program. Can't promise anything, though. confused_o.gif

Hey Sentinel... Nice to read about myself lol smile_o.gif

How R u?

To Business:

A buddy of mine placed 1 gamelogic in each map, named server.

After that I used Powergrep to either change the init lines of the server gamelogic, or otherwise I used a script called by the server logic or init.sqs that called your scripts instead of using your gamelogics. I do not have a program that can insert gamelogics in each map in the blink of an eye smile_o.gif) (Such program must understand the class based coding, AND position coordinates to pull that off biggrin_o.gif)

Quote[/b] ]Hey Sentinel... Nice to read about myself lol

Your luck it wasn't anything bad biggrin_o.gif

Btw, I'm quite fine, thanks smile_o.gif

I remembered wrong. But thanks to sickboy for correcting it.

i was on a server i created and i wanted to test the weather with a mate , but when i put stuff on he could on see the effects not me. In sp it works fine.

I used modul sky and ecp in the mp

@punishment

So you created a dedicated server and joined it as client? And your friend joined as client too?

You need to have cloudlets enabled to see the clouds. Just to mention smile_o.gif

I don't have ECP so I can't be 100 % sure NIM Weather works fine with it. I have disabled ECP weather scripts (at least I believe so) so they shouldn't cause problems.

If modul sky hasn't got any weather scripts and the mission didn't have, I don't see any reason why your friend did see the effects and you didn't. On dedicated server you both are treated with equal terms.

Can someone capture the features of this add-on on video, especially the ground-hugging mist? Can A.I. see through the mist?

I've found that when I try to video capture effects made with the drop command, they don't show up on FRAPS' output.