Sign in to follow this  
JamieOFPFiles

New Screenshots

Can these be posted somewhere else, i really dont want to register just to see the 4 pics, the soldier one with the M16 looks fantastic, gimme gimme, help! crazy_o.gif !

Scroll down to 'AA & OFP Files' Latest 20 News Items'

look for the:

-09-26 '05    AA     4 New Screenshots      0Site News -

Row.. (about 4th down)

Hmmm. blinds in the windows... wonder if there's any of that magical unbreakable glass left.. Or MAYBE they have that cheap stuff now that shatters when you shoot thru it!! tounge2.gifyay.gif

Im a dumbass, they are all over the place now, i'll admire them for the next 5 hours before i coment on them smile_o.gif .

edit: ok, i lied tounge2.gif .

The pics look very... VBSish confused_o.gif , the soldier model and the palms remind me of the pretty VBS pics some people post around here, that is obviously a good thing ofcourse because they do look great. I like the Palms alot because they look original and we already have enough east european maps in the game. I can definetly imagine myself playing that with more brightness and 4X antialiasing biggrin_o.gif .

thank you thank you, to whoever decided to release these yay.gif .

Nice screens. Keep them coming.

The only thing I ask for now is a sunchair for the balcony smile_o.gif

Keep it up BIS thumbs-up.gif

Armed Assault Looks Awesome smile_o.gif

Also in the 4th pic you can see the hummvee has a mounted gun in the roof yay.gif

I was wonderring about that... I was in doubt if it was a gun or vegetable, lol smile_o.gif

YAY!

I think BIS are going to be preparing us some funky video soon - one that gives yet a few more clues about the features.

I'm quite enjoying not knowing outright - we have to try to investigate from screenshots smile_o.gif

Hmm guys, as a game developer I'm worried that all people see games as "eye-candy", what about the playability? What about the physics, for example:

- will the units move according to RL inertia (for example new Day of Defeat:Source looks like players are on ice-skates not to mention bunny hopping...)?

- will the fired bullet drop or will it have the old OFP "laser move"?

If I would work on this project I would make game as a playground where commanders issue/make various missions and players join and select these missions... no need for campaign if you got a huge multiplayer community support, not to mention fansites and teams/clans...

I think people are concentrating on the graphics since OFP1 already had great playability (despite a few problems). I agree that the features to the game engine such as physics are more important really but when looking at screenshots - its kind of hard not to comment on the eye candy.

Hmm guys, as a game developer I'm worried that all people see games as "eye-candy", what about the playability? What about the physics, for example:

- will the units move according to RL inertia (for example new Day of Defeat:Source looks like players are on ice-skates not to mention bunny hopping...)?

If I would work on this project I would make game as a playground where commanders issue/make various missions and players join and select these missions... no need for campaign if you got a huge multiplayer community support, not to mention fansites and teams/clans...

Im pretty sure, that the bullets will drop just like the old ofp.

Why in the world would they remove that feature?

BIS said before in an interview that gameplay/playability is a higher priority than graphics. But can't remember which interview.

Quote[/b] ]what about the playability

The one thing we really dont have to worry about is the playabillity.

Ofp was never about sacrificing gameplay for nice visuals.

I think anything they add to this game is just going to be a bonus over OFP1. They wouldn't negatively impact gameplay, only make it better - BIS are the people who know most about OFP and what made it so great. I think this title is going to be a very big release for the OFP community and anyhow, BIS deserve some more of my money considering the amount I have enjoyed OFP. If it were a pay by hour service - ouch that would be Å10000+ wink_o.gif

laser move?, OFP bullets drop according to the distance there fired at. Try firing a M21 or SVD Dragunov at 800 or so meters and see what happens and what height adjustments you will have to make to hit a target.

And in the last mission of resistance I looked through binoculars and my teammate fired a PK and I saw how the bullets dropped.

And in the last mission of resistance I looked through binoculars and my teammate fired a PK and I saw how the bullets dropped.

Sometimes you can also see bullets make some sort of an "angle" , like they run towards the crosshair in an angle, and from there on straight to the target...

hmmm... huh.gif

Anyhow, i'm happy with the new stuff wink_o.gif

Hmm, that might explain why it is called "Sarah", the name of Abraham's wife. It would need more light-colored rocks in the ground in the greener areas, kinda like Greece or Italy.

Wow, good idea. I think you could be right with that smile_o.gif

So perhaps ArmA is about a Middle-east conflict smile_o.gif

I doubt it. It goes with BI naming policy, the've always used biblical codenames for islands:

Malden - Abel

Everon - Eden

Kolguyev - Cain

Nogova - Noe (Noah in Czech)

The island might indeed be inspired by Middle East, but the name Sarah is probably not the clue for this speculation.

Wow,I never knew that,I always wondered where they got the ideas for the island names.

I'm more interested in urban and jungle type warfare,I'm also hoping the sky they use for rainy situations isnt bright gray,over the past few days we'v been getting some of the remaints of hurricane rita and woo,I tell ya the sky was definatly not light gray,light gray is alright...but it seems kind of dull....I mean when you look at a normal sky the blue seems to add however in storms...Idunoo maybe I'm just a person that likes dark skies too much,I'd love nothing more than to jump into a battle on a dark stormy evening,you see too much of this "clear day and bright sun" stuff.

Bullets drop but rifles are zeroed at 300 meters and the bullets travel at shouch a speed so they have a very flat tracory to about 400 meters try shooting at tagets 600 to 800 meters away with and M16 and you will notice that you have to evalate the sight to hit.

STGN

maybe this time they made 3d models of the projectiles and if you shoot it strait up you can wait 5 mins and it'l hit u in the head! xmas_o.gif em..

It is Placebo's birthday today maybe he will give us more pictures whistle.gif

I wouldn't hope much, I bet he got a day off.

One thing that I would like to see is support for 3D scopes. You could make them in OFP, but they would look weird.

BTW, Happy birthday Placebo!

Yeah I read Placebo is on holiday for a few days - he announced that the Flashnews won't be updated until his return. Happy Bday Placebo

Like STGN said it all depends on what distance the rifle is zeroed in at just like using a real rifle setup with a scope you can have it setup to hit right in the middle of the crosshair at 300 meters etc.

In the real world it depends how well you know your rifle, scope settings and different ammo at what distance your shooting at not including wind direction and strength. Custom loaded shells are better then the factory stuff and you can load them exactly how you want with a lot of different variables.

We have a laser range finder and that works really good if your unsure of the distance or want to know the distance your shooting at within meters of the target. I've shot 22's, .223, .250, .300 and .338, our .233 and .250 are the most consisant and accurate at longer ranges. Also forgot about keeping the scope lined up with the target once you have shot with the bigger caliber rifles wink_o.gif

laser move?, OFP bullets drop according to the distance there fired at. Try firing a M21 or SVD Dragunov at 800 or so meters and see what happens and what height adjustments you will have to make to hit a target.

Yeah, I would really like to see tracers looking more like shooting stars and less like lasers. Every 3 or 4 rounds on light and heavy machineguns and maybe assault rifles at night. Nothing else. Not sniper rifles, not pistols, not submachineguns.