Sign in to follow this  
JamieOFPFiles

New Screenshots

I remember when I was in the military (Using H&K G3 rifles), the rifles ironsight was lined up when you hit about 30 cm above your aming... So you aimed on a mans waste, and would hit him in the chest.

this seems to be the only armed assault picture showing russians.... weird.

21775_25.jpg

I have a fealing that the russians won't play a major role in this game. And that is why they won't show us the opposing force smile_o.gif

Can't wait for some new info!

the light and shadow effect is there very cool. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]All content from the original game in a new revamped game engine

But I really don't know if there is more then that, I hope it is though.

Quote[/b] ]All content from the original game in a new revamped game engine

But I really don't know if there is more then that, I hope it is though.

Sarah + campaign? tounge2.gif

I have a fealing that the russians won't play a major role in this game. And that is why they won't show us the opposing force smile_o.gif

Can't wait for some new info!

actually they will be russians again...

There has was an old picture that showed russians too they where running in the woods. Now for resistance I would like to see if they keept the swiss camo(hope so).

STGN

There has was an old picture that showed russians too they where running in the woods. Now for resistance I would like to see if they keept the swiss camo(hope so).

STGN

maybe thats pics from the old campaign?

[ig]http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/3334/sdfsdf9zz.jpg[/img]

Lot of improvements in the weapons and soldier model , good job BIS icon14.gif

:O thats simply amazing!

But lightning was better on that pic on the left or is it just becouse of weather in that screen?

Soldier on left side is old model from OFP Xbox, but soldier on right side is new model wink_o.gif, but new model will be in OFP Elite rofl.gif

Lightining on left side is Photoshop's effect...???

Don't quote images.

:O thats simply amazing!

But lightning was better on that pic on the left or is it just becouse of weather in that screen?

I think the lighting in the earlier pics looked exagerated, if cammos were to reflect light like that they would be useless, i like the new soldier alot more because it looks more natural and not made out of gold, these new pics look alot like VBS and dont show many new things. Im very happy to see the nice looking models but i cant wait to play a demo to experience the gameplay improvements (colision detection, clipping, etc).

You might wanna break the image tag in that quote, Placebo may try to kill you for that whistle.gif .

yea, ilost 200 posts earlier this week for it... Anyway, the lightning on the left pic, looks more real. I dont think its "goldish". I just looks like its in the morning sun

Generally light reflections on camo vary between the direction,intensity and how old the camo is,for instance,in that picture on the left it doesn't look like there are any trees blocking the suns rays thus nothing to shade it,also older more worn camo seems to shine brighter in the sun that newer fresh camo does,as well as its colors,its quite easy to tell,the green will be dark,brown is dark brown and black is actual black,however on worn camo the black is almost gray and everything else is a lighter shade.

But I do like the pic on the right,it looks like cloudy weather which would drown the suns glare,the model also looks improved,for one the helmet is not as "empty" and the M16A2 looks much better,and the blackhawk...well I'm in love with it.

... hmm

found on earlier pcGamer review of NGPC,

there are two(?) Armed Assault pics,

in uper one pic is russian soldier for shure.

3097f-pcGameraug05.jpg

click to view full article page.

To tell the truth, i am not impressed! Actually i am dissapointed (alot). The AA seems to be just ordinary OFP1 with some simple addons and better "shadows". 2 Months ago i was waiting for the game, but now i will think twice before buying it. It seems that BIS are still building the game for P3! sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

To tell the truth, i am not impressed! Actually i am dissapointed (alot). The AA seems to be just ordinary OFP1 with some simple addons and better "shadows". 2 Months ago i was waiting for the game, but now i will think twice before buying it. It seems that BIS are still building the game for P3!

Im sure they dont intend to show us much at the time, they will keep a few surprises for later, i like the detailed models of that soldier and M16, imagine that being the standard plus the new lighting and stuff and use your imagination biggrin_o.gif . It is still a improved OPF, people expecting big scale, 100 Km2 HL2 may become disapointed wink_o.gif .

Personally I think it's only good if they lose the HL2/Battlefield2 type gamers. They are sort of bottom of the barrel when it comes to gaming. There's no depht whatsoever in those games and judging from the general quality of their mp servers - I gather that theres not much depht in the heads of the gamers either.

OFP:s hardcore sim(well semi hardcore) approach has definatelly attracted the better part of the gamer community and hopefully continues to do so.

I think these screens looks great but as I wrote before. What I definatelly want is some view on (potential) AI improvements.

marcus

To tell the truth, i am not impressed! Actually i am dissapointed (alot). The AA seems to be just ordinary OFP1 with some simple addons and better "shadows". 2 Months ago i was waiting for the game, but now i will think twice before buying it. It seems that BIS are still building the game for P3!

Im sure they dont intend to show us much at the time, they will keep a few surprises for later, i like the detailed models of that soldier and M16, imagine that being the standard plus the new lighting and stuff and use your imagination biggrin_o.gif . It is still a improved OPF, people expecting big scale, 100 Km2 HL2 may become disapointed wink_o.gif .

That's i think the problem of me! I try to find the details in screenshots that i like, forgeting the details that are needed for the game look better. icon_rolleyes.gif

And what i miss, is more grass (sounds stupid) smile_o.gif I always wanted more flora in OFP, to look it more green, more nature, not a desrt with plain surface, bunch of trees and big rocks. Maybe it is becouse i watched to much Vietnam movies huh.gif

Anyways ... i hope that my second wish (smart AIs) will come true ... and dinamyc buildings would be great to .. and ... oh and ... well lets leave something for game 2 on 06. wink_o.gif

And one more thing .. did you noticed that Q4 Already STARTED? whistle.gif I already have an envelope with 60$ for game (hope that will be enough, including P&P) and 2700$ prepared to spend on new PCand better internet connection!!! (This time my girlfriend will get only flowers on Xmas rofl.gif )

And i ask myself ... am i adictive to something ?!? icon_rolleyes.gif

The problem with that much detail is that you need a super computer to play it. It's not really possible with the scale OFP has.

Unless perhaps you used some sort of dynamic terrain creator.

marcus

super detail is fine as long as you can lower the setting which is gonna be obious you can

That just proves the point that BIS could never do decent screenshots even if their lives depended on it. smile_o.gif

of course they do decent screenshots! its just that everybody can't like 'em the same way or like 'em at all sometimes tounge2.gif Some people think a yellow ferrari would be the most beatiful car and some people think it would be the ugliest car tounge2.gif You can't please everyone i've done missions for me and the friends for plan play and sometimes i please one and the rest thinks its boring and sometimes i please the restof the guys and then one guy thinks its not realistic enough or boring in some other way wink_o.gif

These screenshots are actuaqlly better than I had hoped. The graphics would be just a bonus for me.

Has anyone noticed that most of the negative posts (especially concerning eye candy) come from persons with extremely low post counts? It's as if they join the board just to knock the game. I'm not saying that this is wrong or bad, but that there is a correlation. They may be misinformed as to what this game is or they lake it but wish it was more like their $favorite_new_game.

I've been here since 2001 and, call me a fanboy, I find alot more to love about this game than to dislike about it, and this is with comparing it to newer games on the market.

When this game come out, there was nothing lke it and there is still nothing like. It has ruined my enjoyment of other games.

-Ben

When this game come out, there was nothing lke it and there is still nothing like. It has ruined my enjoyment of other games.

-Ben

That is so true, OFP came out in 2001 and even today there is no game that is even close to it, and when using the addons created by the community its just overkill. So the new game with wind, animals, waterwaves, etc and with a better engine is just like dying and entering the gunners paradise. xmas_o.gif Armed Assault is going to rule but not if you just want eyecandy.