Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

VTE open beta 09-13-05

Thanks for the herculean effort you've made thus far. I'm very much looking forward to when the entire project gets a little more polish. As it is, i'm really enjoying the islands and I'll probably try a campaign tonight. smile_o.gif

I am pretty impressed with this open beta, especially at the size of it. So many wonderful units to choose from, including Aussies and Brits smile_o.gif I was very happy to finally see a Mig-19 Farmer in OFP, as well as many new versions of Western Side aircraft. Keep up the good work!

Where are the Brits?

Ooo nice collection of aircraft there, especially looking forward to flying the BUFF biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

But....

No MIG-21? wow_o.gif

Would have made for some nice Phantom v Fishbed furballs smile_o.gif

And I agree, there are a few vehicles in this pack which have better versions out there, like the M60, C-130, Huey, oh and the Stallion should be green, they weren't named Jolly Green Giants for their nutritional value rofl.gif

I like your pack, at least we had and ANZAC troops, and have more realistic vehicles but i wouldlike to do positive comentaries for improved versions and for all the people who wants to made more realistic war:

1.- The Sheridan tank of this pack, is the same of the vilas updated pack, in this pack we can find too the cadillac Cage V-150 and the Btr-152, both used in the Nam (the btr-60 was used at the end of the war, and more often in Laos and China WARS).

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/vilas/index_eng.html

2.- Inquistor made a new model of the M60a1

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7462

3.- I could be better use the version of the pt-76 of CSLA/Remo in the remo pack

http://www.ofpd.org/viet.php

4.- About more weapons for the pack, we can use the Occitanian weapons pack for the french Mas 49, or the MAT 49 (the first vesion of the gendarmerie we can find one), for vietnam weapons better the Vilas Pack (my favorite we find themat 49 an the K-50 smg).

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7997

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7260

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/vilas/index_eng.html (again)

6.- many time ago, in www.flashpoint.ru, some one put for download a BA-64 armored car (I'm not sure if was used in the Nam, in korea was used till few years ago), and another Pt-76 pack. If anyone can put another link (I don't find any) could we useful.

7.- I'm use for the Vietnam regular army the M-24 of be45 mod (was used for the French, USA (a few) and Vietnamese army).

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8074

and the last .- FDF made a ZSU-57 and the CSLA made the BTR50, and PLA mod the k-63, if anyone have the permision for made a modification please do it (and waiting too the A-26 of footmunch)

Sorry if I was a pain in the neck

wink_o.gif

the m1 garand holds 8 rounds, not ten.i see you took the pps40 from the liberation mod & the mosin, good choice, but why not replace the aged & ugly PPSH41 & the rest of the russian weapons with theirs too smile_o.gif just a thought...

I think I found a bug. The C-47 Skytrain, the pilot is standing up. This makes it impossible to fly in the cockpit.

But I'm not sure if this is a add-on bug or because of the Animation pack I have.

ok i havnt downloaded this yet.. but thanks for showing a screen shot of the plans.

1: that C130 is a pos model. please use hawks.

2: that H53 is a pos model please use fischkopps

3: the B52 is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too small.  putting a B52 and a herc side by side the comparison should be like putting a pinto next to a tractor trailer.

http://wingsoverpittsburgh.photosite.com/spangler/SCS_4791.html heres a nice idea for comparison

oh sorry.. i forgot to mention the islands look fantastic thou!

I think I found a bug. The C-47 Skytrain, the pilot is standing up. This makes it impossible to fly in the cockpit.

But I'm not sure if this is a add-on bug or because of the Animation pack I have.

I noticed this too

I havn't read any of the previous posts so if I am repeating anything sorry.

I keep getting p3d errors everytime I use the editor or try a mission. I can't remember most of it but (Magic) seems to crop up every time.

The missions are worthless in a lot of cases. I reckon that one or two well made missions would have been better than all this crap. When you mentioned the amount of missions included I was impressed but when I realised what you'd done it was a real anticlimax. Most of them are shit.

I don't like the skins on a lot of the addons. However the Skyraiders look good.

A lot of the aeroplanes start a mission with their gear down and you have to lower them and then raise them again to get it right.

There were other things like CTDs which need fixing also.

All in all, I know it's an open beta but I think I'll leave this alone until a few more bugs have been sorted. At the moment it's not good enough. I do hope that you guys get it sorted though because there is real promise.

Good work so far and good luck.

The missions are worthless in a lot of cases. I reckon that one or two well made missions would have been better than all this crap. When you mentioned the amount of missions included I was impressed but when I realised what you'd done it was a real anticlimax. Most of them are shit.

A lot of the aeroplanes start a mission with their gear down and you have to lower them and then raise them again to get it right.

The gear down issue is something to do with Footmunch's aircraft. They all seem to do this.

I find your wording harsh and rude too

Overall it looks pretty good and is a nice update to the SEB NAM2 stuff. I am assuming that the ARVN guys are placeholders for now? IF so, I greatly look forward to having some real ARVN units. That is one HUGE HUGE area that is missing in OFP Vietnam addons. The ARVN played a very large role in the Vietnam War and are generally overlooked.

So I can't wait to see ARVN units.

Keep up the great work.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

To all members of the Operation Flashpoint community - especially all 'Nam Freaks'.

This release of VTE is unsanctioned by Vietnam: The Experience mod members. It is an embarrassment to all concerned.

As you all know, the claims made against myself in the readme file are so ridiculous, they are truly laughable. As such, I will not bring myself to SnakeMan's level by even bothering to refute them, it simply adds further dishonour to the entire project.

The "mod" you are downloading here does not reflect either the intended quality, or indeed the intended 'feel' of the original concept.

SnakeMan has, it seems simply in anger against myself, quickly cobbled together a 'mock-up' of the project rush released it, without going through the required inhouse testing that such releases should always receive. If there is to be claims made of a 'leak' of VTE, then this surely is it....

My islands, my ideas and my time have all been misused in this release. If you have any respect for myself as an island builder and mission maker, or indeed any respect for the rich history of Nam modding for Operation Flashpoint in general - do yourself a favour and leave this one alone. If you have posted a link or mirror for it, remove it - you know what the right thing to do is.

Thanks in advance, I am truly sorry to all concerned that a so called 'team' has had it's dirty laundry aired in such a public manner;

Para

VTE mod member & self confessed "Nam Freak".

Para @ Sep. 15 2005,14:09)]To all members of the Operation Flashpoint community - especially all 'Nam Freaks'.

My islands, my ideas and my time have all been misused in this release.

Para

VTE mod member & self confessed "Nam Freak".

You got my vote! I feel sorry this has happened to the work of people who stick much time in perfecting stuff only to be screwed over in a few seconds by a leak like this. Now i have no idea what the story is, but it seems something is wrong here.

I call upon all ofp players to keep giving the respect to the rightfull makers of the addons and to keep in mind that this might be a release that should not have happened. In other words as posted this is a beta as most of the VTE gang didn't have a clue it seems that it was going public, so many errors are in there. Delete and wait for the final is my thought on this one. Consider this as sort of a 'preview' of things.

Greetings from a fellow Vietnam freak aka Warrior Xâ„¢ [Zeus]

In that case, I will not download it, because if it is not intended to be played, then I won't. smile_o.gif

EDIT - will a mod delete the links then? biggrin_o.gif

I am sorry to hear, I will remove it and wait for the real deal wink_o.gif

Excellent job on the island work so far though, very interesting terrain and objects, looking forward to see the final versions of the islands smile_o.gif

Para @ Sep. 15 2005,14:09)]This release of VTE is unsanctioned by Vietnam: The Experience mod members. It is an embarrassment to all concerned...

The "mod" you are downloading here does not reflect either the intended quality, or indeed the intended 'feel' of the original concept...

As you wish. I guess I take from this that a truly stunning mod is on it's way. The list of units included make me drool, I've been wanting an M-48 Patton and a PT-76, and your islands look stunning. Trenches, yet!

I'm looking forward to the real deal, then. Hang in there!

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Really I am sad_o.gif

Disgraceful behaviour

band.gif for Snakeman

1: that C130 is a pos model. please use hawks.

2: that H53 is a pos model please use fischkopps

While I have suspected this release to have been 'dodgy' from the start, I don't think that you should talk about the work of Capt. Moore etc like that.

Ok the C-130 is not up to the current standard but it IS an early addon and when it was released, I remember using it for hours in missions. Personally I prefer it to Hawk's anyway. Just because an addon is now 'old', does not mean there is an excuse for being like that about someone's work.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles 'VTE team ect.'

You could say I've been one of the beta testers of the VTE pack mainly providing hosting and nagging about the continuous config errors.

In no way do I want to get into this, what seems to have all the potential to develop into a major hassle. It's my personal opinion that what started out from a small quality pack has grown into something too big for a team too small - there was new stuff with new bugs added, when the first bugs were kept - every new fix seemed to produce two new bugs.

Like Garcia, I made a mission to for VTE too. I thought I was the lucky one because I started from off a clean table and didn't do a conversion like Garcia did, but I was wrong. My mission was good and worked well until with every update something got broken and at some point I just stopped caring. Garcia didn't stop caring though, and for the sake of the hundreds of beta test hours (literally) spend on his VTE Tropical Lightning I hope it really works this time for good.

My MP coop mission is called "Ashau Conflict - part 1" on Hawkins' Ashau valley map. If you see it in there and it doesn't work, I'd like to point out that it worked at some point and was quite enjoyable  wink_o.gif

I did start and nearly finish "Ashau Conflict - part 2", but after the mortars turned into M2 machineguns, I stopped.  banghead.gif

Anyway, what I really just wanted to say was that I do hope you can get your stuff sorted out, because you know how much we all love 'nam stuff in OFP and you know how much we've been missing a really good 'nam pack after SEB nampack 2 wore out.  inlove.gif

I think we should at least hear an apology from snake man on the matter?

I wonder what posessed Snake Man to release the mod?

It's not like he is a hooligan, infact he is a pretty cool person. He is, by the way, the creator of the PMC Fury campaign - one of the greatest ever created.

Perhaps it was a mis-communication? In any case, before you start flaming him, just consider what I said above.