Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Couple of new addons

wow_o.gif  thats just beautiful

Hell, yes. I can't wait to dress them up in RAF and RN colours and just swamp some Russians...The joy of open-end simulation - it's your world smile_o.gif.

Lovely work as always, Footmunch.

Thanks, honchoblack thumbs-up.gif

(Which pilots are those, by the way?)

Harley -

I may put together some UK skins, but in reality they RAF and

RN will be using the F-35B (the small-wing STOL/VTOL version), so

it wouldn't quite be correct...

any news on the jaguar updates? still dont want my reskin? rofl.gif

(666 posts by the way footie... watch out for voices in your heads, and flaming skulls)

Harley -

I may put together some UK skins, but in reality they RAF and

RN will be using the F-35B (the small-wing STOL/VTOL version), so

it wouldn't quite be correct...

I know, I know. I've been following the development of the JSF for years now, and the myriad political shennanigans behind the UK interest in it. However, your units are a start anyway smile_o.gif. I can live with inaccurate.

Yay, a Footmunch Friday!

btw, a while back I added a couple of roundels to your roundel pack that weren't in there for my own use, you can have those too if you want. There's a low-visability version of the Canadian one, a Japanese one, Aeronavale, Hungary's Delta roundel, and the low-vis RAF one (the one that looks pink in the middle).

Nice job footmunch, really nice addon. texture and model of plane look great. Only maybe the cockpit that needs an upgrade. I really like the way the weapons bays open and then close again after releasing a weapon. Mirror here

FM,

You were saying that you will update Backfire later. What to expect? I hope better radar, landing capability and stronger AG missiles. Is there a way to make this plane shoot from a far? They usually release the missile and roll sideways and go home.

Great aircraft FM. It handles nice. A little touch up here and there and It'll be perfect. I like the gun as it helps bring down the aircraft that the missiles miss. Ofp AI is so cheap when evading missiles ,they just bank and hold left/right and most missile shots miss totally. But thats not your fault smile_o.gif

Does the real aircraft have an afterburner? And if so might one be added later?

To bad we will probably never see the VTOL part for the Yak-141.....eerrrr I mean F-35 work the way it was supposed to, in OFP smile_o.gif

Nice! The US F-35s should be armed with AIM-9X Sidewinders instead of AIM-132 ASRAAMs biggrin_o.gif

I can't believe I didn't find out about the release of the F/A-35 until 3 bloodly days later.  I swear I'm getting more and more stupid and pathetic each week.  banghead.gif  

Now that's off my chest, this is marvelous work and I hope to see improvements when time permits.  I'll try to get an update on my OFP aircraft web site before hell freezes over.

Which version of the JSOW are you modelling, and if it is the A version of the JSOW, what type of submuntion warhead will you use?  AP, HE, or both? (AP shell hits first, then HE after)

Just curious.

Later,

Havoc.

WOW the F-35 looks awesome. Im gonna try it right away. Footmunch your my favorite. :yay

Sorry, but i can´t agree... i think the F-35 looks like a beta version...

I tested it and i´m very disappointed about that work. sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Jason  that is a beta version of F-35

footmunch is still working on it , that take time

hows the f15E? any updates? the addon im most eagerly awaiting.

Ruff -

The F-15E is on a semi-permanent delay at the moment. Sorry.

Jason -

I'm not psychic: if you want something improved, please tell me

what and I'll try to fix it.

Havoc -

Right now, it's a 154A: it will probably be an extension of the

Mk-20 cluster-bomb scripting from the F-16, with some

additional anti-armour bomblets included. I could even include

some small napalm-style effects for the incendiaries.

Wonder -

Haha, you fell into my obvious trap tounge2.gif .

Yep, AIM-9X will replace ASRAAM, although I think the US is

looking into buying some AIM-132's, aren't they?

Thunder -

The F-35 does have an afterburner, and so will the addon in

future.

@eddyD... Oh, sorry... i have never read anywhere, that the F-35 is still Beta... thx for info...

@Footmunch... sorry, i had not intended to question your work...

Here are some things to me were noticeable:

Cockpit: this is look alike a 50 years old russian fighter...

Textures: I can run through the plane (ok, eddyD now told me, it is a Beta)

BIS-Pilot: There are so many great pilot packs... so why a BIS-Pilot???

Sounds: the Sound of the plane is still the BIS-Sound, isn´t it? It is planned to configure it?

Wonder -

Haha, you fell into my obvious trap tounge2.gif .

Yep, AIM-9X will replace ASRAAM, although I think the US is

looking into buying some AIM-132's, aren't they?

Nope, no AIM-132's for USA. It makes more logistical sense to have only one IR AAM missile with off-boresight capabilities.

The "stealth" JSF has some abilities that are not really logical. The only difference between the two is the carriage of external stores, yet IR SAMs ignore the "stealth" JSF, even in when passing at low altitude in the middle of the day.

The JSF does not have stealth abilities anywhere approaching this. It is just as visible and vulnerable to the naked eye as any other aircraft of a similar size. Nor is it invisible to IR, having only a "reduced" signature (how much reduced is, of course, impossible to say, but invisible would be wildly optimistic). And the aircraft still has a radar signature, even with stores carried in the weapons bay. Design is to maximize reduction of the radar signature from the front (ingressing) quarter, allowing the "shoot first" advantage.

footmuch always releases his addons with base bis pilots, anyone snobby enough to need any of the others ones can simply add them themselves.

Addon dependicy is irrtating not being able to use the plane if they have to seak out another addon. For it to work without a ctd.

Less chance of a addon conflict, most pilot packs also require Jam to work so another addon needed to use a nother. =P

Perfect exsample was a number of large infanty packs released with another huge weapons pack that is over 50 megs to DL. And had a conflict with other addons and took me 2 1/2 months to literly pick through 4 gig of addons to find the bug. Screw over the guys who are still stuck on dial up why don't you..

footmuch always releases his addons with base bis pilots, anyone snobby enough to need any of the others ones can simply add them themselves.

Addon dependicy is irrtating not being able to use the plane if they have to seak out another addon. For it to work without a ctd.

Ok, that make sense to me smile_o.gif