backf1.jpg

RAR File

This maritime patrol version carries 3 Kitchen missiles and has a

working tail gun - thanks to SA8Gecko for the majority of the

scripting. Please report any problems here as there has been

a lot of testing, but bugs may still exist. Note that the turret

does not 'roll' with the plane - this is an engine limitation that

cannot currently be resolved.

Includes swing wing, rolling wheels, flares, exhaust, numbering.

Still to do - cockpit improvements, 'bomber' version, texture

improvements.

And finally, a beta EH-101 Merlin addon:

merl_def.jpg

RAR File

Includes BAS rappel, rotor dust and sling scripting used with

permission. Also includes exhaust smoke, DIRCM anti-missile

system and automatic gear up/down.

Thanks to FLK, P:UKF and VCB for extensive beta testing thumbs-up.gif

The paintschemes included are the standard RAF 28 Sqd green

camo and a 'fictional' desert camoflauge. The desert camo has

_not_ been applied to the Merlins currently operating in Iraq, but

is based on the standard colours used for other helicopters in

desert combat operations.

Note that a more 'generic' version (ie no RAF lettering and

roundel-capable) will be forthcoming.

The helicopter will pick up _any_ car-class addon, as well as

_any_ reammobox-class unit. A pair of ammo palettes are

included (under Empty->Ammo) that look a little better 'visually'

during transport:

ammo_trans.jpg

They are listed as 'Fuel & Ammo Palette' - one has BIS ammo,

the other has JAM ammo - and also include vehicle fuel and

shells.

The procedure for sling transport is to hover over the unit to

pick-up. An option wil appear on the pilot's action menu to

attach the unit. There is a 150 kmh upper speed limit for sling

cargo, and the helicopter must be moving slowly and below 20

metres for correct unloading.

The fast insertion command will become available when the

helicopter is loaded and is low and slow again. Note that at

present the 'fast insertion' command will deploy _all_ the

troops in the helicopter.

Note - Coaler is progressing. New version in a couple of weeks.

Hmm. What's this on my HD?

f35_4.jpg

wink_o.gif - it's only the F-35A, so no STOL/VTOL yet...

great work! The F-15 handles well and look amazing!

Tu-22 is looking good aswell. I did have trouble seeing anything on radar. crazy_o.gif  Im sure they have awesome Air-Sea/Ground radars? Did manage to lock some thing up when i flew over it but it took forever to turn one of these bad boys, but well worth the effort.  biggrin_o.gif  These things also have a powerful afterburner with a lot of range if im not mistaken, i noticed there was no feature for this, possibly for next release? Amraams seem to be useless against these things but Aim-9 work a treat every time. I've tried 24 missiles(amraams) so far with 0% hit ratio  huh.gif  Aim-9 100%  huh.gif

Not sure if bug or just my imagination.

Keep up the great work and now i might go give these things a real workout  tounge2.gif

PS tail gunner on an plane thats works. Counldnt figure why my amour on my F-15 was dropping till i turned the tracers in DXDLL on and paid a bit of attention to detail.......

oh shit, fucking planes shooting me, wingman bailed coz i told him not to shoot while i checked these things out rofl.gif  

Might we see other aircraft incorperate this feature? AC-130   wow_o.gif  whistle.gif

It's a Footmunch Friday biggrin_o.gif

Somehow a Merlin in US Markings doesn't fit.

Any news on the Lightning Hunt(er)?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Maybe you could consinder these versions of EH-101 (and US-101) too

With the exception of the presidential one they are all the same airframe, the only differences are the internal fit and avionics.  The presidential one has slighly different external fittings

@ Footmunch

I love the Backfire!

Just one comment.... The AS Missiles on the wing racks - they dont actually meet the rails. They just sort of hover...

were is the link for the f/a-35??

It doesn't Exist. He's teasing us.

OffTopic:I've still got some sounds lying around here, but i have nowhere to upload 'em.

Ontopic: Is it going to be possible to use the winch on this? I mean, not just for insertions but for extractions too.

The TU-22M is my absolute favorite modern bomber (though my all time fav is the Canberra...) Thank you so much. God.. I just started work too, so I have to wait 9 hours till I can get home and play with it. Is it safe to assume that it is roundel capable? (India, Iran and China are considering buying the Backfire)

Nice to have you back, FM. I missed you. inlove.gif

WOW! The TU-22M is just fabulous. The tail gunner turret is just amazing and is another breakthru in OFP history. I hope very much that you will include that tail gun system in your IL-28 Beagle.

Other then that the handling of the TU-22M is superb and the textures and modelling is just amazing. It really is a joy to fly. The only slight bug I found was that the Cruise missiles are positioned too low in that they are hanging in mid air rather then on the attachment points of the aircraft.

Also I hope that in the future you will make a version that carries conventional bombs as well.

At any rate, keep up the AWESOME work. I had just been wondering what happened to ya, but I see that you have really been busy. I'll try the Merlin out later but it also looks superb. Once again you bring much joy to the community! Thank you so much Footmunch!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

OMG!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Backfiiiire!!! *jumps with joy*

Thankyou thankyou thankyooou Footmunch yay.gifinlove.gif

The Merlin looks very impressive too wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Great Tu-22M...  thumbs-up.gif

Maybe it will be a good idea to update your Il-28, Mig-21, Mig 17...  icon_rolleyes.gif

Good job again!

Always great to have another set of addons released by you Foot, especially when it includes a British one.

just tested them..woah, pure works of art.

couple of not so important issues:

wheels on the merlins seems to disappear from a distance, the cargo rope is too short? (i only tried it with a bis_bus but as i tilted the heli i hit the bus i was carrying) and finally the lock on range (although realistic) of the f15 is a bit too much for the island sizes we have in ofp, but thats just my opinion, not criticizing at all these babies.

notworthy.gif

My my my, so much good stuff here in development it looks like I had to reserve it and pay 18 Euros for it in the store.   tounge2.gif

I hope ArmA will significantly improve the capabilities and detail for fixed wing aircraft, because this would make these aircraft like the Tu-22 more useful.

First question, will you adding some system to modify the F-35's IR signature involving internal loadout only/external loadout?  For a suggestion you might leave the actual plane with zero IR signature and try using a empty aircraft target and random position it around the aircraft when it has external stores.

Last question, will you be making any more different loadout versions for the F-15E?  I ask because it's just hard doing CAS with GBU-10's when you have +12 armored vehicles in combat formations.  I'd use the F-16's but my airbase is for F-15E's only and the Vipers just don't have the realistic range needed for certain missions later on.

Look forward to future progress info.

Later,

Havoc.

I am loving the Merlin Foot'. Really nice and tidy addon.

The only bugs I can find with it is that the door mounted GPMG does not pivot in first person mode in the gunners position. Does the rear ramp work as well or is this to be added later? It's nothing important though, it's just I seem to remeber you saying that it should have capabilities of storing a Landie in it's hold.

Another one I have just found whilst playing around with it is that when attaching UKF's Land Rover 90GS onto the whinch, it seems a bit out of place, but other than that, fantasic work. smile_o.gif

Top notch mate. smile_o.gif Excellent work. smile_o.gif