Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Couple of new addons

Jason - Sorry, I wasn't clear it was a beta, but it is.

Good spot on the engine sound - it will be replaced. Cockpit

textures are being updated, but the real cockpit is _very_

simple in order to reduce pilot workload. Geometry problems

(moving through the plane) will be corrected where they occur.

As Bobcatt said, I always default to the BIS pilot. _IF_ there

were a standard pilot addon, which everyone had already

on their HD, I would use it; however, there doesn't seem to be

one currently...

AOCBravo - Thanks.

AKD - The stealth/non-stealth thing isn't too good, agreed.

However, there's no way of independently adjusting the radar

and IR cross-sections. Also, there's no aspect-dependent RCS.

The only possibility is to make both versions _susceptible_ to

guided missiles, but adjust the recognisability of the planes so

that the AI doesn't know whether to fire or not until the plane

is within a few hundred metres.

.Com - Apologies.

I can adjust the Backfire AI behaviour slightly, but it will do

what it will do. If it launches all it's missiles, it's not got

anything else to attack with, and so it will turn around and

depart the area. I'll take a look at the radar range. The

Kitchen's will be getting a slight upwards bump in power, but

not too much, I think.

When there's a full bomber version of the Backfire (soon, btw),

it should be included in APS Gnat's bomber pack, to give the

carpet-bombing behaviour, as well as the standard attack AI.

It will also have that much more killing power overall, obviously.

this is cool i had a go at making the f35 B at one point using scripts from Klink's harrier but didnt finish it

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

AKD - The stealth/non-stealth thing isn't too good, agreed.

However, there's no way of independently adjusting the radar

and IR cross-sections. Also, there's no aspect-dependent RCS.

The only possibility is to make both versions _susceptible_ to

guided missiles, but adjust the recognisability of the planes so

that the AI doesn't know whether to fire or not until the plane

is within a few hundred metres.

Hmm...then I would simply remove the stealth characteristics of the aircraft and give it somewhat more effective countermeasures to an attack.

Truth is, the stealth characteristics of the JSF have no place in the OFP environment. A stealth aircraft seen by the eye is no longer a stealth aircraft. No practical difference between a JSF and an F-16 in the context of the sim.

But if it doesn't show up on radar, a shilka will have a hard time finding it. wink_o.gif

Ye, so far there is no Russian AA defence made for OFP to counter stealth planes. I believe that Spetsnasz Mod is working on some models, but I am not sure about that. Without low frequency radars AA defence, all these stealth fighters will bring too much unbalance to OFP. Can't use them till Red Hammer or Spetsnasz will finish their projects. There was one F-117 made couple of years ago for OFP. Nothing could touch it, so I was just flying around and droping bombs unchallenged. I got so bored, I deleted that addon in couple of days. Maybe even Project MCar guys will make more AA ground units, I loved their addons, they were so revolutionary for the OFP engine.

About the T-22M. Will it be possible to make it in white color?

Daniel @ Nov. 22 2005,17:32)]But if it doesn't show up on radar, a shilka will have a hard time finding it.  wink_o.gif

Shilka is quite capable of visually tracking and engaging targets. If it can see it, it can engage it. Also, if the target is visually acquired, I strongly suspect the radar can be focused on to the target to acquire a lock (JSF and other stealth aircraft are NOT invisible to radar).

Quote[/b] ]Ye, so far there is no Russian AA defence made for OFP to counter stealth planes.

Sure there is: Igla and Shilka.

Guest RKSL-Rock

There is a way to do "stealth" it doesn't work 100% but its not as bad as no IR signature.  Once i get the 'demonstrator' together and flying i'll post it.

As for Shilkas not tracking it - try adding/turning up the 'audible' variable:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> audible=15;

Shilkas will turn, track and fire on it even without an IR signature but still wont lock it.  It just means that the probability of kill is less and their reaction times are slower because they have to hear it before engaging.  Which isnt that unrealistic.

Try it yourself, plance shilka on desert island, and fly over it in the stealthed F-35 with the variable added.

Shilka's range is not quite good for shooting down planes. Plus the OFP Shilka is just shit mad_o.gif . It doesn't shoot in bursts (like DKM's Tunguska), also I am not sure how will you make Shilka in OFP engage stealth units and other AA units don't. Is there a script to differentiate such things? Iglas are not designed to shoot down the stealth fighters, Iglas are exactly the type of weapons that stealth technology will be invisible to. Buk and S-300 systems can use low frequency radars to find and engage stealth fighters and bombers. Kolchuga radars have the same type capability. But none of these are in OFP sad_o.gif So the Russians are screwed in OFP if West gets stealth.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Shilka's range is not quite good for shooting down planes. Plus the OFP Shilka is just shit mad_o.gif . It doesn't shoot in bursts (like DKM's Tunguska), also I am not sure how will you make Shilka in OFP engage stealth units and other AA units don't. Is there a script to differentiate such things? Iglas are not designed to shoot down the stealth fighters, Iglas are exactly the type of weapons that stealth technology will be invisible to. Buk and S-300 systems can use low frequency radars to find and engage stealth fighters and bombers. Kolchuga radars have the same type capability. But none of these are in OFP sad_o.gif So the Russians are screwed in OFP if West gets stealth.

Dont you think this is getting a bit far off topic?

@.com those sorts of systems together with assocatiated radar are coming (Read Me)

RockofSL,

I was about to ask you about that. I am waiting for you project like a good kid for Christmas. I do have a question though. Sorry I am using FM's spot light here. Most of the AA defence system consist of support vehicules that carry just radars and comm stations. Are you going to implement it too?

Guest RKSL-Rock
RockofSL,

I was about to ask you about that. I am waiting for you project like a good kid for Christmas. I do have a question though. Sorry I am using FM's spot light here. Most of the AA defence system consist of support vehicules that carry just radars and comm stations. Are you going to implement it too?

Yes, within reason.

Now Footmunch's thread, how about we all get back on topic.

I've found that the ofp shilkas do still engage the F35, just not as well as say footmunch's F16......

So, any news about the A-26 Invader?

please, launch the beta version.

thanks

So, any news about the A-26 Invader?

please, launch the beta version.

thanks

Your persistence is close to paying off wink_o.gif

a26_1.jpg

a26_2.jpg

a26_3.jpg

Still a few things to do, but it's close.

Sweet thumbs-up.gif

EDIT:

Some time ago you said you would be adding a beta page to your site. Any ETA on that?

Thanks for the plane, (the screenshots are realy awesome) notworthy.gif

Holy shit that invader is nice, perfect for COIN missions, and for use by smaller militaries *cough* Nogovan Air Force or Everon Air Force *cough*

You mean Kolgujev Airfoce. Nogova, Everon and Malden are all being supplied by the U.S. nener.gif

You mean Kolgujev Airfoce. Nogova, Everon and Malden are all being supplied by the U.S. nener.gif

The Invader is from the US wink_o.giftounge2.gifrofl.gif

Updated Mig-31 by Timmamas is about to be released. It would be great to have an upgraded Tu-22M with it. Migs would clear the skies and Tu-22M would destroy the ground installations. That would be a great combination. So, how about it Footmunch? Can we hope for a release in the next couple of weeks?