Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Couple of new addons

Thank you Footmunch! wow_o.gif Gotta try these out right now!  xmas_o.gif

Downloading...  yay.gif

EDIT: Good job, another great unit to the UK arsenal. The Merlin and the Backfire are exellent: aswell the 3D/texture work, the scripting is brilliant. Havn't noticed any significant changes with the F15E yet, which was already a great addon. And once again, you have done an outstanding job on the handling, expecially for joystick users. thumbs-up.gif

Great job on the Merlin and Backfire, just two questions; How do you rappel from the Merlin, and is there a way to do this with waypoints for an AI squad?

that Backfire WILL make a super hot target for any spec ops to blow to tiny pieces...

i can even think of a scenario for it biggrin_o.gif

These are beautiful.

So many details;The way the tail gunner scans the horizon with it, the downwards, visible exhaust from the Merlin, the separation and slow speed (relative) of the Kitchen ASM, the Merlin's sound, they're just ... *cries* notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

Damn... I have been moaning about someone making a T22M for some time now... and here it is! Thank you FM for this addon, thank you very much. I was afraid some amature is going to make a crapy one and that would be it... But now I am happy as a little clam because the great FM made the damn thing! Someone already asked if it is possible to make one that can bomb the area. Can you make it do some carpet bombing? Also, perhaps it is possible to make AI fly this thing a bit higher ( after all, it is a strategic bomber ). Just my 5 cents here... Thanks for all your work man.

Any news about the A-26 invader? (I need this plane for my 3rd world missions)

I love your tu-22 and now I will bomb the USAF air bases.

Somet I noticed is that the Tu-22 has a Ukranian crest on the side of it despite having Russian roundels and no option to change them to Ukranian ones with your roundel pack. It'd be nice if you added an afterburner script to it too. I remember seeing one taking off from Fairford with these big bright blue afterburners going, it was damn impressive.

I also noticed that when you make troops fastrope from the Merlin, they don't stick to the rope very well, for some, the rope goes through their heads, some go down with their backs to the rope or in some other random fasion in and around the rope, very few stick to the rope well like they tend to do on other fastrope/rappel scripts.

Either way I place these as the best addons you've made yet, I love 'em to bits.

Footy I promise I will try and get those 'special' anims done asap. Real life pressures have some what limited work time recently. Sorry mate.

Just got to try the Backfire. I think it's the sexiest aircraft in OFP. Wow. Now I need the Falklands mod to provide me some targets. nener.gif

I have the same issue with the KH-22 hovering off the hardpoint. No biggie. I didn't open up the config (I don't like to do that to other people's addons without permission...) but I'm curious - what kind of warhead does the Kitchen have? The explosion looks a bit small for an "LBG"-class equivalent - if you're going to utilize an HE warhead (and you're not planning to script a weapon effect in the future) I might suggest switching to that. But as I said, I'm somewhat unintentionally uninformed. smile_o.gif

I look forward to the bomber version.

Now... which one of you wants to make a Tu-95 Bear with cooperative targeting at 200km+ ranges and an ELINT-capable Tu-16? biggrin_o.gif

The AS-4 has a HE 1000kg or 350kt yield nuclear warhead.

Would be sweeeet if in the next update you included a nuclear warhead equipped version wink_o.gif

Oh, one more minor bug - the tail gunner is a tank crewman. Might be best if he was just another pilot (and we can pretend he's a weapons officer or navigator or somefink). smile_o.gif

Working tail turret, holy cow. wow_o.gif

I bet that caused you a lot of headaches to get working. notworthy.gif

Tu22 - I'll move the Kitchen missiles up a bit. There's an issue

with them 'clipping' the wings when they're swept back, but

there's some room to maneuver. The Kitchen warhead is the

non-atomic variant - it's quite powerful when fired on BIS

vehicles, but it could be bumped up a little for the newer M1's.

Atomic version may be forthcoming...

There will be a 'bomber' variant carrying 24 conventional bombs.

Hopefully, it will be included in APSGnat's bomber pack, to give

the carpet bombing actions.

I may increase the turning a little bit, but not much. Afterburner

will be added. Convincing the AI not to 'swoop' is hard, as they

still think they're flying A10's.

The roundels will be settable in future versions. Sorry about the

Ukrainian badge on Russian plane - my dumb mistake. Tank crew

in the turret will be replaced by an East pilot.

Turret coding will be added to the Il-28 soon, along with a

couple of other updates.

Merlin - The PUKF landrover misplacing is a known problem -

there's no solution yet, but it's being worked on. The bus is

perhaps a bit big for transport, so they may bump into each

other - I'll check to see if it can be moved a little, or maybe

add some scripting that stops big vehicles (like the Bus and

Scud) from being available for carrying.

I checked the gun movement in gunner first person - it seems

OK - the 'boxes' that the gun mounts onto aren't supposed to

move...

The fast-rope positioning will be modified - I was trying

something out, and it didn't work very well.

New paintschemes are in the pipeline, and the roundels will be

settable on the 'international' versions. Weapons loadout will be

examined as well - at least one version will mount the CoC

torpedoes for maritime patrol, and another will get a Gatling door

gun.

F-35 - It's only an external model at the moment; there's still a

lot of scripting and cockpit work to do. Stealth capabilities are

being considered, but at present the default is to have the fully

loaded JSF be _visible_ to AI, and have an internal-only loaded

version that is _invisible_ on radar.

A-26 - No progress at the moment. I may get back to it.

Shifty - Thanks. The hooks are there, so it should be a quick

job...

Thank you very much footmunch ,excelent work as always ,i just LOVE the tu-22 backfire ,deffinatly i long atticipated addon for me.

That backfire ,it must just be the sexiets modern bomber ever made ,it just got .... something ,i think it is just because it looks like an oversized figheter.Glad to see i'm not the only one who has been a long time fan of that particular plane.

i second the request for an afterburner script on the TU-22 ,though i guess as it's still WIP it's due to get such a script?

I noticed an interesting thing. Enemy AI (West) treats it like an APC. SO SEP M1 tanks are shooting at it with its main gun! Also Tu-22M tries to do those stupid low dives, kind of looks funny. I guess it's that fucking nice gift from the old OFP engine sad_o.gif  Ye, I think that the Kitchen missile should be more powerful, probably half of the SCUD HE missile from DSF(?). Than it will be worth having a strategic bomber in the game. Perhaps even a script like those SCUDS have where you can tell Backfires where to strike with missiles and bombs. And one more thing if I may, I would give this plane just a little bit more speed.

I noticed an interesting thing. Enemy AI (West) treats it like an APC. SO SEP M1 tanks are shooting at it with its main gun! Also Tu-22M tries to do those stupid low dives, kind of looks funny. I guess it's that fucking nice gift from the old OFP engine sad_o.gif  Ye, I think that the Kitchen missile should be more powerful, probably half of the SCUD HE missile from DSF(?). Than it will be worth having a strategic bomber in the game. Perhaps even a script like those SCUDS have where you can tell Backfires where to strike with missiles and bombs. And one more thing if I may, I would give this plane just a little bit more speed.

They don't treat the plane as a tank, thats just impossible, the thing they treat a tank is that rear turret, since is classed as a static MG, which is based off an APC. We all know its not a perfect system, and honestly I don't think the rear gunner would even get a chance to fire the gun that often because the Tu22 would be engaged by missiles before the enemy aircraft were even within visual range (thats what happened to me).

Excellent stuff footmunch as per your normal high quality output! Id on't know if I'm getting ahead of myself but does the working tail gunner raise the possibilty of having functioning ww2 era bombers with multiple gun positions?

Excellent stuff footmunch as per your normal high quality output! Id on't know if I'm getting ahead of myself but does the working tail gunner raise the possibilty of having functioning ww2 era bombers with multiple gun positions?

I doubt it, what you have to understand is that a tail gun is a unique situation where roll really doesn't affect the position of the gun in relation to the plane, as well as some other unique properties of this specific plane that allow this to be done so easily. And it still isn't perfect, so don't get your hopes up, there is no way to set pitch or roll of an object, and you can't get the weapons to stay in their proper relative position. Also, the tailgun on the Tu22 is enclosed in a bubble sort of object, making it a simple task of placing a gun inside the bubble and letting it pretty much move indipendently without it having to worry about the models of the weapons looking connected to the rest of the plane. Its kind of hard to explain so I hope you get what I mean. Anyways, fidgeting with multiple turrets is a messy thing to do, and there will allways be just as many downsides as there are good ones.

I doubt it, what you have to understand is that a tail gun is a unique situation where roll really doesn't affect the position of the gun in relation to the plane, as well as some other unique properties of this specific plane that allow this to be done so easily. And it still isn't perfect, so don't get your hopes up, there is no way to set pitch or roll of an object, and you can't get the weapons to stay in their proper relative position. Also, the tailgun on the Tu22 is enclosed in a bubble sort of object, making it a simple task of placing a gun inside the bubble and letting it pretty much move indipendently without it having to worry about the models of the weapons looking connected to the rest of the plane. Its kind of hard to explain so I hope you get what I mean. Anyways, fidgeting with multiple turrets is a messy thing to do, and there will allways be just as many downsides as there are good ones.

Ok fair enough, thanks for your explanation. Hopefully this limitation will be sorted in the new games, even so i'm very happy with the backfire as it is!

really good to hear the Beagle will be updated, for some funny reason i find it the most beautiful plane in OFP, most likely 'cos it has that "Blake & Mortimer" feeling to it..once again thank you sir.