Sign in to follow this  
XeLSiS

NEW Interview with Bohemia Interactive on ArmA...

Indeed, very nice interview , if the community will still be so strong then FFUR would still alive , even on ArmA , and why not OFP II wink_o.gif

However we have allready envisaged 2 sections on our website -> www.ffur.net for

OFP2 | AA

Keep up the nice work Bohemia Interactive Studio smile_o.gif

Thanks XeLSiS and Placebo

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Hi,

Would just like to say,nice interview.I am just changing my underpants due to extreme moistness after reading the interview,but personally i think it is better we do not know loads about it,as it will be a nice\excellent\amazing surprise when we finally get our little mission\mod\addon making mitts on it.

Thanks for the info Placebo and roll on q4.

Once again THANKS.

Dan

P.S. yay.gif my first post and hello all.

Passcode is an existing word. It's used for a password that consist only of a numeric combination. wink_o.gif

Player ID? confused_o.gif

It is prolly your account password or Xbox Live acces password smile_o.gif

i got 1 question...

will the island/map makers be able to make more terrainfeatures?

like Ditches, creeks and stuff like that?

Surely the interviewer should know what "JIP" means, and not have to ask, but instead ask something like "Join in Progress.. That would mean [...], what other improvements are planed for MP", or something sad_o.gif

Other than, "Not Q1/2/3/4", and it being replied to with "Still Q4" icon_rolleyes.gif, it's an cool interview tounge2.gif

- Ben

I wonder how XeLSiS could not know about JIP - in the early days the magic word appeared in every second thread of the Multiplayer forum   icon_rolleyes.gif

Not to mention the MP Suggestions thread in the Game2 Forum   biggrin_o.gif

i think he asked that so the people who dont no what JIP meant.. now know what it means biggrin_o.gif

thank's for nice interview

but i'm missing one very important question

and that's about anticheat solutions and what BIS think about / want do about ...

I'm just happy to hear Publishers are looking into OFP - Like they should be.

(I think it should be a publishers dream to be able to work with OFP)

Quote[/b] ]Pfff. Placebo plays on "recruit" difficulty. nener.gif

lol, I noticed that too

I wonder how XeLSiS could not know about JIP - in the early days the magic word appeared in every second thread of the Multiplayer forum icon_rolleyes.gif

Not to mention the MP Suggestions thread in the Game2 Forum biggrin_o.gif

i think he asked that so the people who dont no what JIP meant.. now know what it means biggrin_o.gif

Thats what I mean, by using the unabbreviated term in the question, people can work out easily what it means wink_o.gif

Plus you get an extra qeustion tounge2.gif

Could have got an answer to "and that's about anticheat solutions and what BIS think about / want do about ... " in the same question tounge2.gif

Meh, to late now tounge2.gif

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]And the map in the background, could that be Everon, near the intersection leading to through the valley to the south (just can't remember the name of the village there)?

That part of the map is slightly East of Le Moule which is East of Lamentin which is on the west coast of the island. It is also North-West of Morton. (Had to give various directions just incase you didn't know). You can recognize the big hill on the map with the bushes running down the side and the one forest.

I also think the photo behind him is a photo looking South-East from Le Moule along the road.

Not bad, its promissing but without revealing much i think, still not much on ARMA out there, if the release really is for a Q4 this year i would expect more footage to be available now and more media coverage too, by now i thought we would be watching game trailers and seeing lotsa detailed images of whats to come. Right now if i go into any other game related forum and type OPF everyone will know what it is but if i type ARMA most people wont, a more detailed article, a good trailer and some sharp pics would help spread the word out, and im talking about free advertising here, september is here already wink_o.gif .

Ahh man this is what I get for sleeping after a big post like this a long ass reply lol...

Quote[/b] ]Posted by snoop_213

awesome endless hours of speculation now till more info arrives

lol totally!

Quote[/b] ]Posted by BergHoff

Hehe nice xbox screenshot and interview .

Thanks, and also thanks everyone else making comments like that, and to placebo for his time.

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Balschoiw

I don´t think that left and right handed selection is for weapon handling. It looks like the preset configuration of the controller, the Xbox controller, but imo has nothing to do with weapon handling right or left handed   as it says "controls" which imo points on the technical controller setup but not the ingame weapon position

You may be right, but I was tired when I saw that lol..

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Colossus

Wow! Really nice interview, and it gave me a bit insight about what you want to reveal and why you guys don't say much about ArmA.

lol, I have a bit doubt about the left/right-handed option since I'm used to use my right hand for gaming. And I might feel that it's a bit weird to use my right hand on the mouse and left hand in the game. But hey, let me try it first and then I'll start complaining

Argh, now I have to have two breaking news in my sign

Ya i know what your saying, im glad the interview has given you and other people some need to know info at this time wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Posted by meyamoti

As long as its not EA...they usually screw things up

lol so true!!!

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Scrub

Darn Xbox!  Darn it to HANG!!  

Now you know I never played a console..

lol same here  goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Matt Rochelle

Great Job  

Just one question:

Q1 - Jan,Feb,Mar

Q2 - Apr,May,Jun

Q3 - Jul,Aug,Sep

Q4 - Oct,Nov,Dec

is that the way that system works? ^

pretty much..

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Rainbow

Proposed dates of release (ArmA):

ABCGames.cz - december2005

GameStats.com - 12/30/05

TotalVideoGames - 01 Dec 2005

Gry.wp.pl - 2006

I think Gamespy has December 25th, 2005 or somthing I dont remember..

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Hellfish6

Pfff. Placebo plays on "recruit" difficulty.

hehe placebo isnt a good player, just knowledgeable  whistle.gif  j/k lol

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Matt Rochelle

i think he asked that so the people who dont no what JIP meant.. now know what it means

Ya pretty much lol

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Dwarden

thank's for nice interview

but i'm missing one very important question

and that's about anticheat solutions and what BIS think about / want do about ...

Actually I did ask that question, #6. he said MP will be bigger this time so it only makes sense they would up the security against the evil TKC!!  pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]Posted by SpecOp9

I'm just happy to hear Publishers are looking into OFP - Like they should be.

(I think it should be a publishers dream to be able to work with OFP)

Ya that was totally reassuring to hear when I read that..

Quote[/b] ]Posted by Heatseaker

Not bad, its promissing but without revealing much i think, still not much on ARMA out there, if the release really is for a Q4 this year i would expect more footage to be available now and more media coverage too, by now i thought we would be watching game trailers and seeing lotsa detailed images of whats to come. Right now if i go into any other game related forum and type OPF everyone will know what it is but if i type ARMA most people wont, a more detailed article, a good trailer and some sharp pics would help spread the word out, and im talking about free advertising here, september is here already

Totally true, but you got to understand that BIS is currently busy with the Xbox version, n2m that they dont have an official publisher yet so..

Pfff. Placebo plays on "recruit" difficulty. nener.gif

Ha!

I wanted to say that :P

Really good questions, although some of the answers could use improvements ^^

You know, after reading the interview again, it seems as if all the functionality in ArmA is not yet known. Like they are STILL adding to it. *complete* speculation, of course. Anybody else sense something like that? huh.gif

Pfff. Placebo plays on "recruit" difficulty. nener.gif

Maybe that is the hardest difficulty setting, and the rest are along the lines of ''Sissyboy'', "Unworthy" and ''You are lame'' (gotta love the old 3D Realms games like Heretic, Doom, Rise Of The Triads and ofcourse The Duke notworthy.giftounge2.gif )

"We are pleased to announce that Operation Flashpoint: Elite is confirmed for release November 2005 on the Xboxâ„¢ console system."

Maybe that mean Arma will be released December

Ouch crazy_o.gif

Cant wait, everyday count... banghead.gif

Anyway:

Quote[/b] ]

XeLSiS - What new features can Modders & Players look forward do?

Placebo - For now features of the game are being kept quiet, but we're getting closer to what we can share about it, for sure the game is definitely turning out to be more than the anticipated Opf v1.5 (with the next big game being known as “game2â€), this game is really developing into a "game2" of its own standing, maybe we should start calling the other one "game3"

Good news biggrin_o.gif, now i can wait until december wink_o.gif

Placebo, do you have a estimate on the price tag?

in euros please...

would be nice to know how much money i need to save biggrin_o.gif

wow, i really cant wait for ArmA or OFP Elite! inlove.gif nice questions xelsis and thanks for your time placebo! smile_o.gif

One question I want to know regarding realism is if things from ECP like bullet whiz and such will be added to arma. I am going to be very sad if we don't get at least a bullet whiz or whoosh sad_o.gif

wow, i really cant wait for ArmA or OFP Elite! inlove.gif nice questions xelsis and thanks for your time placebo! smile_o.gif

Heck with elite,armed assault will rule all