Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

BMI - International Blackops releas

Hey bambi , your units look awesome but i think i found a bug if u can call it so .

I u check the right arms from above it looks like one from a somalian skinie.

it looks very thin.

do you have your geometeric performance turned up a bit ? i had the same thing when i tried to outsmart the no body bug by turning down the geometry performance the BO's looked all like they had nothing to eat in months

i turned up the geomertry and it was gone

Just tested those units, and they are awesome.

Thank you for reworking your earlier model legs to give the soldier a more balanced anatomy with the upper part of the body and the legs.

Superb improvement icon14.gif

in my config the 3D/geometeric performance is set to "54308"

cant go any higher huh.gif

and you got this problem also ? because if you do well then i might need stronger glasses or something

in my config the 3D/geometeric performance is set to "54308"

cant go any higher huh.gif

Yours seems perfect to me, although Geom.Perf. is kind of an controversial issue. Some may say that lower setting is better confused_o.gif

Something´s rotten in the state of OFP´ria. And it´s got nothing to do with Bambis units..

Really would like to start an own thread for this but then the connection to my loved Geometry Performance would be lost.

Lately i´ve noticed that with DXDLL´s HUD removal utility, some onscreen objects would just disappear. That´s normal for lights emitted by missiles, but in my case there´d even be Helicopters disappearing.

Seem´s like it´s affiliated with ECP 1.85.

I remember some users reporting the craters not being visible in camera.sqs .. didn´t give much attention to it, until i tried myself. To my surprise the craters were fully visible in camera.sqs, but the smoke around it would occassionaly disappear.

Playing around some more i found out that the ammount of effects on screen would force camera.sqs to make certain things invisible .. some pics of it:

bug.jpg

bug1.jpg

Hope that somebody can shed some light on this issue..

I'm glad you guys like the unit smile_o.gif.

About the skinny arm thing, if it is the model and not the geometry that's causing it I most likely wont be editing it. Editing the arms of a model that was finalized awhile ago isn't really what I would like to do.

Anyways, here's the v1.01 patch. It comes with a BIS Weapon config patcher for those who have a slow connection or would just like to use original weapons. Please read the readme(s) for installation instructions and to see what's been added.

It should no longer have any collision problems or conflict with the TCP_testdog.

I also added a missing knob on the nightvision goggles, seem to have slipped by when i was editing the nvgoggles. It's a small detail but it looks more realistic. rofl.gif

BMI Blackops v1.01 Patch

Bambi, does this replace the config? I changed the config around to fit in SJB's new weapon pack, and it took me forever, also i changed them to be on WEST. Now in the pathcer it says it will patch the pbo, will this replace the config? The config pathcer says it will only replace the config with BIS weapons? Ahhhhh I'm so confused sad_o.gif .

Yep confused_o.gif this'll replace the original config because of a new unit added and the BIS weapons config just changes that same config with BIS weapons...If you want, just send me a copy of your config and I'll change it up for you.

Bambi, does this replace the config? I changed the config around to fit in SJB's new weapon pack, and it took me forever, also i changed them to be on WEST. Now in the pathcer it says it will patch the pbo, will this replace the config? The config pathcer says it will only replace the config with BIS weapons? Ahhhhh I'm so confused sad_o.gif .

SJB released a new weapon pack??Where can I find it??

Bambi the units are perfect now with the patch. smile_o.gif

so does this fix the invisible texture bugs?

read the pages and you'll find out there was no bug in the addon and that is was caused by some other addon.

DLing the update now. Great work Bambi! smile_o.gif

SJB released a new weapon pack??Where can I find it??

Bambi the units are perfect now with the patch. smile_o.gif

no he didn't release it AFAIK, but he did release a list of the classnames, so he probably used that to create his own config awaiting the release of that pack which should be released this weekend.

threadjacked.gif

read the pages and you'll find out there was no bug in the addon and that is was caused by some other addon.

well.. its was neither addon's fault or innocence. Neither of them knew they would use identical cfgmodel names would they? Lets not lay blame on innocent partiess, its not like the addon that was 'causing' the problem was maliciously doing so.

Anyways... good to see you're reverting to BIS weapons (means we can choose weapons) since unfortunatly the untextured/wrong texture paths of wipmans lower LOD's rather ruined the whole addon (no offence wipman, just saying that white weapons are never the best look in flashpoint smile_o.gif )

excellent job biggrin_o.gif

Im glad everything worked out fine in the End  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: 20 more posts and i have 1000 tounge2.gif

I just got to trying these, and I gotta say Amazing work! These are definatly gonna stay on my hard drive. Great work!

Btw, how about using kyle sarnik's grenade pack wit these? Should improve the grenade aspact of em. icon_rolleyes.gif

well.. its was neither addon's fault or innocence. Neither of them knew they would use identical cfgmodel names would they? Lets not lay blame on innocent partiess, its not like the addon that was 'causing' the problem was maliciously doing so.

Sorry. Bad choise of words. I just meant it wasn't a bug with the model or textures, but a config thingy triggered by the other addon. Technically it's Bambi's 'fault' since the other addon was first, but that's of course insane to put it like that. Just a minor glitch that's fixed now.

indeed... neither party was to know (note the importance of using your tags for EVERYTHING addon makers - including p3d's smile_o.gif )

A great addon none the less. Now if only someone could write a config to replace the BIS ones with these smile_o.gif (or have i missed this already? lol)

Yeah technically it was my "fault" tounge2.gif but meh it's all fixed now....No new bugs right? whistle.gif hehe

I haven't read all the posts but did the patch fix the problem with the untis going through the car because I went through the hood of a jeep. But this doesn't bother me so much, because I love the quality and work put into these.

The blackops are great but the patcher doesnt work for me. Can you just release a new pbo, or the files inside that were edited? Thanks.