Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

BMI - International Blackops releas

May not be related, but I didn't get this message till I updated the SpecOps to use BIS weapons

No Entry Config.Cpp/CfgWeapons.HK

Im using the newest ECP, and I removed the previous required weapon addons

yeah, that other file seemed to have been the problem..they work and look great now...I think the CIA will be deployin to Tonal tonite biggrin_o.gif

The blackops are great but the patcher doesnt work for me. Can you just release a new pbo, or the files inside that were edited? Thanks.

Sure thing, I'll release a full pbo later with all the fixes in and the extra config for the BIS weapons.

May not be related, but I didn't get this message till I updated the SpecOps to use BIS weapons

Did you make sure to apply the v1.01 patch first then the config patch? If not that's what you gotta do

Those units are 100% amazing,really great job Bambi

Glad you like them and good job on those pics in the CP thread, real impressive notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

I haven't read all the posts but did the patch fix the problem with the untis going through the car because I went through the hood of a jeep.  But this doesn't bother me so much, because I love the quality and work put into these.

Yep the collision problems should be fixed with the v1.01 patch

Overall it seems everything major is fixed, time to continue working on the International SF pack again biggrin_o.gif

Collision problem fixed and even old TestDog back in place - though I'm not really sure why he was in FFUR in the first place ?? huh.gifsmile_o.gif

Well done Bambi - a swift fix that's sorted things 100%...

One final question.... the "optional chest patch"... how does that work and can I use a clan logo there?? - I don't see mention of it in the readme, though I saw it in the config while wondering about bugs yesterday so it IS in there... Could you explain??

BushyL

Quote[/b] ]Custom Chestpatch:

-----------------

this setObjectTexture [0,"nameoftexture.paa"];

Taken from the readme below the Customizable Gear section biggrin_o.gif

Basically just take the flag or patch texture and put it into your mission folder. Then you input the above code into the init field of the unit replacing the "nameoftexture.paa" with yours.

The units also all possess a "clan" patch selection, but I'm not too sure on how it works other than reading that it uses the squad.xml logo or somesuch confused_o.gif

checked them and i have to say good job bambi

(i also found the guy i requested (advisor with cap backwards and no earphones) thanks for that)

alright im building a small mission with them located on cecenian island where you will take up against a SOBR/OMON/naval infantry force lead by a general called Vladimir Aleksei Bojarin

I just got to trying these, and I gotta say Amazing work! These are definatly gonna stay on my hard drive. Great work!

Btw, how about using kyle sarnik's grenade pack wit these? Should improve the grenade aspact of em.  icon_rolleyes.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Really, really great units. Very well done.

I'm gonna post some screenshots of these babies on the Photography Thread.

I'm having problems though... I get .modelSpecial errors with the advisor units, any ideas?

Quote[/b] ]Quote

Custom Chestpatch:

-----------------

this setObjectTexture [0,"nameoftexture.paa"];

Taken from the readme below the Customizable Gear section biggrin_o.gif

Oops! Sorry Bambi! That's what I get for speed-reading the read me... Cool!, that's just like the BAS Deltas, amongst others... I can handle that... I've got a squad.xml thingy as well, it turns up in MP on well behaved vehicles quite a lot... I'll see if it works with these units as soon as I can get online with these guys in an improvised mission..

EDIT** - Just found Montys mission on page one! that'll do nicely! Thanks Monty!!

Cheers...

B

Did you make sure to apply the v1.01 patch first then the config patch? If not that's what you gotta do

Re downloaded them, and patched them as as you suggested, still same problem. could it be something other than your units?

I didn't have this problem before your units, but maybe another addon conflicting?

Really, really great units. Very well done.

I'm gonna post some screenshots of these babies on the Photography Thread.

I'm having problems though... I get .modelSpecial errors with the advisor units, any ideas?

Odd... Are you using the BIS config or the standard one?

And I don't know about another addon conflicting, I'll recheck the configs to see if maybe theres something I missed crazy_o.gif

execelent units.

Allready making a mission with them called Dog the Bounty Hunter biggrin_o.gif

Can someone getting the HK error check this out?

It seems I missed a small issue in the config but I don't know if it will fix the problem or not. If it does, I'll update the files on filefront accordingly pistols.gif

New BIS Config patcher

I think the whole Itweas Ninjas movement repertoire would be a great addition to all the great BMI - International Blackops, maybe as an extra category to keep realism friends satiesfied (swimming, the small jump and the ability to recover from high falling should work for everybody though)

Hi Bambi,

I came here to congratulate you for making this great addon and report the HK error just to see it has already been fixed. wow_o.gif

Just one little question, how can I remove the NVGs completely with HiddenSelections? When I add <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"nv","nv_rings","nv_mount","nv_1","nv_box","nv_knob","nv_glass2","nv_glass","nv_eyepiece", a small horizontal tube remains.

Just again, great work notworthy.gif

A definate "sticky" addon in the mod folder. The attention to detail is by far the best i've seen!

The only thing that bugs me is probably the one part you didn't make yourself: the face model.

*straps on kevlar*

Sorry, people for being a naggy old fart but that part IMO takes LSR, RHS and this down a notch. It.just.looks.weird.

I can't be the only one getting the clone wars vibe. They all seem to have the same father - in a non-religious way.

Other than that i think it's the best addon to date!

Bambi, you probably have a medal to collect at the opflashpoint.org forum...

*my first banana ever*  yay.gif

Yay! Someone agrees with me about all these new face models!!

Cue off-topic paragraph (forgivable cause it's actually interesting) (hopefully)...

This one actually isn't so bad - it's an edit of Llaumas head model I think... not quite as heavily "Evil Twin Syndrome" as Lasers, RHS, etc... And since the rest of the package is just so great, I'm gonna use 'em (with balaclavas)...

As Llauma said a while back on his "Head Model" thread - the stock BIS head is basically just a box - bad news, as we all know, when you look at it from the side, but from the front, a texture becomes just a head-shaped photo and it's recognisable...

Once you start to make the head a more sophisticated shape it starts to get "definite", and when that happens, the texture starts to become irrelevant, because as humans we're tuned heavily to faces, and, more particularly, Face Shapes - it's a psych thing - we recognise the shape and classify it - I thought Lasers heads with the elongated noses and chins looked "Noo Yoik Jewish", Laser thought they looked Russian, Blackblood has caught "Band of Brothers Syndrome" and sees a family resemblance no matter the face texture... we're all drawing on our own experiences/cultures/human psychology without really realising it, and interpreting what we see... we can't help it - it's a human thing...

@Blackblood... that's you stuck now, mate - now you've "noticed" the resemblance, you can't "un-notice"... it'll annoy you forever now...

I got quite annoyed about this whole issue a while back when Laser released his new Rangers and Deltas with the new head, and I talked to the wierdos who live in our Archaeology Department Basement... they do that facial reconstruction from skulls thing with laser scanners and apple macs - dunno how they do it exactly, but they take a laser scan of the skull - that gives them the head shape, then there's a complicated bit to do with muscles which is calculated from the skull shape, then they throw a "generalised" face texture over the top and you get your reconstruction - the point being, the face texture is pretty irrelevant if you've got the Head Shape right - that's what matters... that's what triggers the "recognition factor", and that's what's happening with all these new heads...

So - for addon makers of the future - you have to decide which head you're gonna use... the simpler the head, the more individualistic you/we can make it with textures (except from the side - when it'll always look like a box) or use a sophisticated head model and join the Clone Wars!!!

This is a first in OFP history, an engine limitation we CAN'T overcome - 'cause it's not in the game... it's US...

Lesson over - apologies for off-topicking... on with the show...

Bushlurker

EDIT** Actually, we COULD overcome this limitation... but we'd need a bank of face models of different shapes and a bank of face textures, and randomly pick one of each every time a unit is placed on the map - that would work, but we'd need about 50 quite different face models to make it convincing...

I always get this exact error message, i was gonna post it when i first installed these guys but i was just to lazy tounge2.gif :

No entry 'config.cpp/cfgWeapons.Kegsw66/.

I always get this exact error message, i was gonna post it when i first installed these guys but i was just to lazy tounge2.gif :

No entry 'config.cpp/cfgWeapons.Kegsw66/.

You are missing a weapon-addon needed to play this addon. I'm not which one, but more sure you have the required addons installed. Could be the RHS weaponpack, but I can't tell.

i realy love these guys im using them all the time now

cant wait for the new update (hint) with the swim and climb function of the ninja (hint)