Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops = BLEED 1.0

Oops, forgot about that.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, will these units be ready by 4:30pm (GMT) Friday? Because i'm going away for a little while and would really appreciate taking them with me.

... Anyone in the know about the DKM UK pack? it was a beta the last time it was released and wondered if anyone knew of updates?

smile_o.gif

Also, will these units be ready by 4:30pm (GMT) Friday? Because i'm going away for a little while and would really appreciate taking them with me.

Cheeky F***er.

Messy I have plenty of pictures with cam on my boat!

Cheeky F***er.

Messy I have plenty of pictures with cam on my boat!

Cheeky in what way?

I asked 'will' they be ready, and didn't order him  'release them' by such an' such a date. Because if it ain't done it ain't done. So tough shit for me, right?

Looking fantastic BB, best UK troops yet  biggrin_o.gif

British camo is meant to be applied with three fingers in straight lines, but I'm sure soldiers alter it.

That would be VERY strange. Let's give you a crash course in camo-paint;

-the idea behind camouflaging you face is to get rid of the pink color (d'uh), but also to break the lines (shape) of your face to make it look like something else (a tree or something like that).

-the way to do this is to paint the dark areas (deeper parts, eyes, the part under your lip and above you chin) with a light color and the light areas (nose, cheeks, forehead) with a dark color. This will 'flatten' the face and make it look different.

-the other thing about camo-paint is that is to prevent you skin from reflecting light (shining). Every skin reflects light, that's natural. Using paint prevents this and this is very important. That's why the neck, ears and hands also need to be painted if you want to do it right. No part of the exposed skin should be left unpainted. That is why you should also paint your face in the desert (normally with a sand-brown color)

-one last and very important thing; use colors like green, black and brown. Don't use red, white and blue. Although these look fancy they won't do you any good.

Good luck in fighting the rabbits in you back-garden with your now properly painted face, cowboy tounge2.gif

tbh..... unless you have been a soldier and personally painted your face........ you will never know....

Not that i am a soldier or for that matter Not that i care

..or you could just do it Swedish style. I did my service upnorth and we really didn't pay that much attention to draw some cute lines across the face. The woods in Sweden has a bad habit of being very deep and very dark. The only way to go is to cover the entire face. During a nightly exercise I had an enemy no more than 1 metre away passing by. He soiled himself when I took him out of the game totally taken by surprise. On the other hand - you could be a friggin albino and get away in that environment. biggrin_o.gif

Okay enough of the face painting discussion, I was simply saying what I thought was correct because that was what I had been told - I am only a cadet and not a very good one at that.

BTW I understand the principles of camouflage, but thanks for letting everyone know anyway.

*Moan over*

Well I was told to use three fingers

sex ed in the army?

did you realise you were speaking out loud ?

Assuming every soldier in the British Army is "pink" of course.

That first point doesn't apply to the people with darker skin-color. But they still need to paint their face because of the reflection of light.

@stainer

well, I didn't say that you are wrong. It could be true, but if so than the british way is strange (which is what I said in my previous post). btw; I don't think many soldiers will actually pay attention to this; as long as their face is covered with paint it's ok to them.

Hi, why don't instead a "camo face" & "clean face" add a "cover face" "discover face" option?, could be done by using some of the covered faces in the USMC Addon Pack 1.0, and for the desert version, could be just a texture using some kind of camo net in desert tones. That will help to don't make all the units use the same face (that makes 'em look like clones... "hey joe!!, look; there comes the Dolly sheep brigade...") & i still saying that in case of use the "camo face" option, a "clean face" option it's needed. If you want UK camoed faces... in my latest wip-faces pack there'r some camoed faces that may serve; and in .jpg to make 'em easy of rework. There's also faces of famous british personalities, like Get Carter, aka Michael Caine; in woodland & desert camo, use 'em if u think that they could help/work BlackBlood. Let's cu

P.D: In our "armed" forces if u don't apply right the camo in your face, u've to clean up your face & try again & again until the painting makes his job; u can have a entire company waiting 40mins for 3 subnormals who never seen a van-cock picture. Let's cu

Quote[/b] ]oh hang on do you mean the action menu camo face?

Yeh I meant that. As for different kinds of face camo, I believe that BAS did a camo face pack with their Delta/Ranger pack and I think Lowlands Warrior did one with their infantry packs. Although they're not British, I think face camo varies between people and how they apply it. British camo is meant to be applied with three fingers in straight lines, but I'm sure soldiers alter it.

BTW, Blackblood, really looking forward to these units. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] British camo is meant to be applied with three fingers in straight lines
i was gonna say i was never told to do that, we were told as long as ut broke up the image of your face and hands it did'nt matter how u put it on smile_o.gif

Alrighty. Time for an update. The release is very very close now. But unfortunately not before the weekend because I'll be out of town for a couple of days. Any fellow countrymen out there will probably share their wisdom regardin 'out of town'... icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyways. Your wait will (hopefully) be rewarded. There's a few surprises on the way... whistle.gif

All i ask from you guys is to invest a little more in that famous patience of yours...

Until then, take care! /BB

clatu2xt.th.jpg

verata9hy.th.jpg

nictu4lc.th.jpg

(The vehicle is from BAS OPFOR pack and NOT included.)

And finally a nostalgic moment.

The very first and last pictures of the Paras (August 2003-June2005) *sniff*

august20031nz.th.jpg june20053xy.th.jpg

...you gotta start somewhere I guess...

BB addmagazine "Guinness" ;BB addweapon "Pint" biggrin_o.gif

Alrighty. Time for an update. The release is very very close now. But unfortunately not before the weekend because I'll be out of town for a couple of days. Any fellow countrymen out there will probably share their wisdom regardin 'out of town'... icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyways. Your wait will (hopefully) be rewarded. There's a few surprises on the way... whistle.gif

All i ask from you guys is to invest a little more in that famous patience of yours...

Until then, take care! /BB

clatu2xt.th.jpg

verata9hy.th.jpg

nictu4lc.th.jpg

(The vehicle is from BAS OPFOR pack and NOT included.)

And finally a nostalgic moment.

august20031nz.th.jpg june20053xy.th.jpg

elite stuff!!!!!!!!!!

elite stuff!!!!!!!!!!

the progression from new to old is truely amazing my friend smile_o.gif - can't wait for these surprises tounge2.gif

Ooh! Surprises! xmas_o.gif

Looks awesome, great to see more British units. biggrin_o.gif

If only we had a British voice addon....

1: Oh bugger, 3, is down!

1: 2, target, soldier

2: Got the bastard!

whistle.gif

[And finally a nostalgic moment.

http://img221.echo.cx/img221/2218/august20031nz.th.jpg http://img221.echo.cx/img221/3497/june20053xy.th.jpg

Impressive. I still have the old beta release on my computer. smile_o.gif

top job on the units, the progress pictures are fantastic, the evolution of an addon, top quality, cant wait to put these units to some good action pistols.gif

The release is very very close now...

*gasp of joy*

... But unfortunately not before the weekend ...

son of a ...

but getting excited that these are close yay.gif thanks for going out of your way to make these units for the community, its very much appreciated.

top bANANA..at last british addons......keep it up dudes..we need loads of british un its etc for the ofp community

No release before the weekend, hmmz, that gives me more time to polish BlackBloods medal of gucciness which he will get after the release.

And after tuesday I got three days off, having fingers crossed whistle.gif

yay.gif

Don't these bananas just rock? thumbs-up.gif

at last british addons

where have you been for the last year?

Quote[/b] ]where have you been for the last year?

Look at his post count and joining date lol tounge2.gif

Looking great BB!! biggrin_o.gifyay.gifinlove.gifinlove.gifyay.gif

Those bulky, low-detail BIS M16s, grrrr...

I say give those troops weapons from LSR US Weapon Pack (or at least please make a separate config for them) as probably most of us has it!