Sign in to follow this  
txalin

New pics of OFP2 from Gamespot

Holy crap that looks good, it has that OFP feel yet has totally amazing graphics and a fresh new look. I only hate that 'shine' shader effect even on the canvas on trucks.

Holy crap that looks good, it has that OFP feel yet has totally amazing graphics and a fresh new look. I only hate that 'shine' shader effect even on the canvas on trucks.

True. They should definitely fix it. I am sure it is not that hard to assign that effect only to surfaces designated "metal" or "wet".

I also didn't see any soft shadows on those screenshots. That's a bit worrying.

Looks absolutly amazing biggrin_o.gif

And don't say anything against the radio system, it's the best system for communication in games I know biggrin_o.gif

This look sooooooo great! But yea there are some bugs in the pics but come on the game is still under full development so there is nothing to worry about. biggrin_o.gifblues.gif

I must say that my impression is they realy listened to the community. they changed what had to be changed, and kept what had to be kept.

They will not be punished for it! Thats for sure! Thumbs up. And the vegetation is just... breath taking!  smile_o.gif

Shit I died and I am in heaven now wow_o.gif

And nobody told me wink_o.gif

Joins Ironsight in heaven , hey pushover make space tounge_o.gif

Somehow most of those pics remind me of DOOM 3 its as if BIS took ID's engine and married it to the Posiden and now we got this , well i am happy whatever it is it looks good atleast. But will it function well enough too gameplay wise , FPS wise too i wanna know what machine this will run smooth on , i am already in a limbo to upgrade for AA and now these come up and release date set for next year crazy_o.gif .

Btw i was right this was a mosque SEE SEE biggrin_o.gif

Mosque pic

So what is this place , IRAQ or some african muslim country?

Sitting on worok with my boss laptop, and then i saw this.. OMG!!! looks freaking awesome.. if you ask me thge soldiers dont got the plastic faces as it looked like on the first pix biggrin_o.gif

Looks absolutely stunning, can't even find the words to describe my feelings.

One thing I noticed: Guns don't have shadows yet, so you can see the soldier's shadow with his nice trigger-finger on the wall but no weapon in his hands (Edit: Just saw it mentioned in the other thread)

But they still have a lot of time and to see OFP2 at this stage really gives me a warm feeling wink_o.gif

Dammit. Holy shit. I can't stand this! wow_o.gif

Now stop complaining, they've still got approximately two years of work, so let's call this an early alpha. Did you ever see an early alpha that looked like this?? crazy_o.gif

I'm completely stunned, when I think that there'll still be much work invested into this and maybe even a bit of Anti-Aliasing . . . damn I need a drink.

Is it me or is the vehicle on the screens with russian special forces is not actually a BTR, but some strange version of Stryker?

Is it me or is the vehicle on the screens with russian special forces is not actually a BTR, but some strange version of Stryker?

Exactly what i was thinking but i was more along the lines of it being a ASLAV or LAV.

Exactly what i was thinking but i was more along the lines of it being a ASLAV or LAV.

I meant that thing. I just couldn't remember the name. tounge_o.gif

I'm sitting in a puddle of drool right and I have been sitting in it since the first pics were released.

This is WAAAAY too good to be true!

Man you just have to love BIS. First releasing an upgraded OFP then soinf the best game ever for a sequel..

All you people who complains about the screens. Where do

you come from? Space?

Guest Ti0n3r

thank you BIS!!! smile_o.gif

I don;t know if this has been posted already:

Check out the pics on this page

Check out the Land Rover!!! That's an 'Alpha', in game image, I can't wait for the finished product. The green roof will probably be sorted out in time.

Brit pack in the works? I sure hope so.

I can't wait to follow the development of this project. It sure is going to be sweet. biggrin_o.gif

People are saying things look wrong.. how do they know what the USMC Soliders will look like in 2010 lol so it doesnt matter if they look wrong from the units today lol

One thing that's bothering me is that in the screens there are AAV7's. But in 2010 the USMC already upgraded to the AAAV's. It's a small but important detail wink_o.gif