Sign in to follow this  
Yssabem

OFP2 Shots on ofp.info!

By the way, I'm very impressed by the shots. There is a VERY clear difference between the OFP2 Xbox and OFP2 shots (the biggest being the foliage. The OFP2 grass appears to be generated using pixel shaders. The OFP Xbox grass looks like plain old billboards.)

Looks like they've done a lot with the Poseidon engine since OFP or even VBS. I just hope that the new eye candy allows for 2km+ view distances at playable framerates.

Imagine playing some of the OFP missions in that pine forest, though... Or that grass. If it is made by using pixel shaders, it will almost certainly move realistically. Sniping... Hiding... Moving... Firefights in the woods.

It'll all be completely different.

But will the grass actually be rendered from the distance? Cuz if its only 50 meter eye candy it would be useless.

I have so many questions now regarding gameplay, physics, colision detection, those are my main concerns about the game atm has we have already seen great looking art in vbs1 wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Originally quoted by Placebo

You know the old saying about 2+2 doesn't equal 5? wink_o.gif

Anticipate 1 press release per E3 day, so 1+1+1 = 3 right? Think about that number wink_o.gif

I don't have time to spread the word to some of the other similar threads to this one so please do so peeps smile_o.gif

Spread the word, community blues.gif

But will the grass actually be rendered from the distance? Cuz if its only 50 meter eye candy it would be useless.

I don't know. Pixel shaders have been used for water in many games, and the water is obviously rendered to the maximum viewable distance. Games like Silent Hunter III feature very complex water effects at relatively little performance cost.

I don't know of any games that have actually used pixel shaders for foliage, but I have seen some dev shots and it looks very similar to what I'm seeing in those shots from BIS. i would imagine that it would be more computationally expensive than doing water, but I don't think BIS would do it if it only extended to 50m. That much grass is way more than just eye candy, and in something like OFP, it definitely would come into play as far as gameplay goes.

Could this be Korea? China? With the middle east thrown in?!? Those houses did look European so perhaps the Balkans. Oh man the possibilites are endless biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]we should think about another short form for Armed Assault instead of AA, cause AA is Americas Army for me.

how about ArAs (nice birds too   )

I think "ArAs" sounds too much like "our ass". tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (wheres my rabbit ? @ May 16 2005,19:00)

so does nobody else think those monobrowed plastercene heads looks crap then  ?

I was the first one to complain about that   .

Ninjawhine?  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]... no way that this is a XBOX version, look at these guyz (grass, lights, ...)

http://www.yourupload.com/show.php/935/FP2e3shot02.jpg

and look this one from xbox;

http://www.yourupload.com/show.php/936/xscreennew3_hi.jpg

I agree.

Look at the 1st picture how the shadow from the soldier follows the shape of the vehicle. shadows can only be seen on the ground in OFP.

-edit

I think it looks really good and I hope it plays even better biggrin_o.gif

most impressive-the foliage looks very dense and rich smile_o.gif I am happy biggrin_o.gif

However, i must agree that it looks a bit toy-ish...i hope BIS doesn't go the halo2 route by overbumpmapping everything and making it feel like candy and toys...:(

Another thing, is the animations look very rough and unnatural and the guys seem unrealistically disproportional...they seem to skinny. however, I am sure this will be changed with release.

Quote[/b] ] (wheres my rabbit ? @ May 16 2005,19:00)

so does nobody else think those monobrowed plastercene heads looks crap then ?

I was the first one to complain about that .

Ninjawhine? tounge_o.gif

heh really i'm pissing my pants with excitement biggrin_o.gif

those heads tho really stand out of the pics tho...

and if say someone had started an offtopic thread and posted those screenshots saying here are some screens from an upcoming army game everyone would have instantly slagged it off for having crap heads and not being like good old flashpoint tounge_o.gif

apart from the head everything looks amazing cant wait to see some ingame footage

I hope VG (newspaper) gets the message, I must have sent mail to 8 persons now about the new screenshots biggrin_o.gif

If it's comming on there webpage now, I'm the one who is responsible for that biggrin_o.gif

Anticipate 1 press release per E3 day, so 1+1+1 = 3 right? Think about that number

What does he mean by "Think about the number"....#3?

I hope VG (newspaper) gets the message, I must have sent mail to 8 persons now about the new screenshots biggrin_o.gif

If it's comming on there webpage now, I'm the one who is responsible for that biggrin_o.gif

It is on VG now wink_o.gif

Stealth 3, what on EARTH is that signature about? rock.gif

Its about me boycotting OFPfiles for banning me from the entire network for no reason whatsoever.

I was banned on gaming forum a few months ago because I wanted to help a friend do something, and now reven decided to ban me from ofpfiles because "somebody told him so". Then he told me its not a democracy and that I can't do nothing about it.

Oh, not to mention everything he says are lies. First, he told me somebody else banned me. Then he told me an admin banned 2100 people randomly and I was one of them. Now, he says bans because he can.

I wasn't supposte to be ban at all, but, if the 15 year old wants to, let him do it.

If enybody wants to use my sig, email me. Ill make you an even better one biggrin_o.gif

Anticipate 1 press release per E3 day, so 1+1+1 = 3 right? Think about that number

1. OFP2

2. OFP Xbox

3. think about that number... wink_o.gif

/\ that raised questions.. or actually just one rock.gif VBS2? some VBS1 expansions? rock.gif OFP for the Nintendo DS? rock.gif

hmm. i thought placebo wanted me to get Gillette Mach 3 so he can shave, but guess not. wink_o.gif

Well logically it would be BIS announcing that it intends to start work on OFP3. DOH!

1. OFP2

2. OFP Xbox

Hmm what could be there to a #3?

BIS announce OFP trilogy and say they have begun work on OFP3 tounge_o.gif.

3 sides there are to a triangle , so do we have something which relates all these news together OFP2-XBOX OFP-??

*NOTE to self , must not read too much of Dan Browns novels ....

1. OFP2

2. OFP Xbox

hmm maybe

1. OFP 1 Expansion (AA)

2. OFP Xbox

3. OFP2

that = 3 :-)

Although quite out of date (May, 2003) isn't the 3 just three theaters of war to play through... all set in the 70's during the Vietnam War era... Southeast Asia, Central Europe, and Africa

OMG why do people just not use their brains.

The 3 is so going to be OFP3.

1. OFP 1 Expansion (AA)

2. OFP Xbox

3. OFP2

that = 3 :-)

that's three, but why make an expansion for a four year old game (!) , wich brings the graphics closer to OFP2? (!) rock.gif

It's the damn VBS I say! or they announce something other then a game... a bond with EA Games perhaps? tounge_o.gif

they announce something other then a game... a bond with EA Games perhaps? tounge_o.gif

I'm working out how many pills i need to take to be classed as an overdose as i type for such an eventuality