Sign in to follow this  
Yssabem

OFP2 Shots on ofp.info!

1. OFP 1 Expansion (AA)

2. OFP Xbox

3. OFP2

that = 3 :-)

that's three, but why make an expansion for a four year old game (!) , wich brings the graphics closer to OFP2? (!)  rock.gif

It's the damn VBS I say! or they announce something other then a game...  a bond with EA Games perhaps?  tounge_o.gif

Operation James bond

rock.giftounge_o.gif

(assuming about 5 replies have been posted by now)

Found the RPG game! biggrin_o.gif those who still recall the fun.bistudio login go here wink_o.gif

number 3.... the mystery is solved! biggrin_o.gif

NHOOO!! I bet it's that stupid VBS cr*p again! D(***)T! mad_o.gif

EDIT: /\ just 2 replies? you dissapoint me... rock.gif

I wonder if they will release ofp2 on xbox360.

lol really hope not.. i hope they focus 100% on the PC version and not a damn console!

I forgot how crappy the signal to noise ratio on this forum really is.

Me too. Can't wait to play a Crime City style mod for OFP2.

Hell I guess Placie is just kidding around, he wanted to have a little fun so he told that arithmetic crap to let you conspirators start up your assumptions wink_o.gif

D'oh

1. exlamation of disbelief.

[1913 Webster/Simpson]

v : indicate pain, discomfort, or displeasure;

NHOOO!! I bet it's that stupid VBS cr*p again! D(***)T!  mad_o.gif

It isn't going to be anything from VBS. VBS is hardly a consumer product: it's a training tool, and it has a price to match. You don't see any of the companies that make industrial flight sims demoing things at E3 because it's a consumer show.

At first I thought the "OFP expansion" was wishful thinking... Look at those screenshots again.

I don't think that anybody debates that this is OFP2.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/FP2e3shot03.jpg

And this is clearly Xbox OFP.

vrt-1.jpg

However... This struck me as a little odd when I first saw it.

FP2e3shot05.jpg

That is clearly "Nogovan" architecture. Look at the buildings. Look at that fence.

"OFP Xbox," you say.

Take a closer look. Notice the lighting especially. Notice how that aspect of it looks completely inconsistent with anything we've seen from the Xbox shots. Notice the grass-it appears to be built out of billboards, but it overall looks much better than what we've seen from the Xbox. Also notice that it wasn't realeased with the Xbox shots...

Now...

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I think there's something to that picture. I don't know about you guys, but I'd buy an OFP expansion to tide me over. Hell, I'd get VBS if I could afford it.

I dunno...

I could be completely wrong.

It's something to chew on for the next few days, though.

Does anybody else see what I'm seeing, or have I lost my mind?

Of course, placebo could have just meant that BIS will have three press releases about the same games. tounge_o.gif

edit: please watch image sizes please

First comes xbox OPF (armed assault? )..

Then OPF2 for PC (yeah baby, yeah tounge_o.gif ).

Then OPF2 for xbox 360.......

Then comes the expantions to both PC and XBOX360 best selling tittles.

Although i hate everything console related its a shame OPF2 wont have a chance to compete with GR3 and once again beat it 10 to 1, i would like to see that smile_o.gif .

That is clearly "Nogovan" architecture. Look at the buildings. Look at that fence.

"OFP Xbox," you say.

Take a closer look. Notice the lighting especially. Notice how that aspect of it looks completely inconsistent with anything we've seen from the Xbox shots. Notice the grass-it appears to be built out of billboards, but it overall looks much better than what we've seen from the Xbox. Also notice that it wasn't realeased with the Xbox shots...

Now...

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I think there's something to that picture. I don't know about you guys, but I'd buy an OFP expansion to tide me over. Hell, I'd get VBS if I could afford it.

I dunno...

I could be completely wrong.

It's something to chew on for the next few days, though.

Does anybody else see what I'm seeing, or have I lost my mind?

Of course, placebo could have just meant that BIS will have three press releases about the same games. tounge_o.gif

It looks a lot like a building you would find on Nogova...that's what I thought first when I saw that pic...

It looks a lot like a building you would find on Nogova...that's what I thought first when I saw that pic...

Yeah but more detailed plus notice the shadows, yep awsome, now imagine interacting with these buildings with proper colision detection, without getting stuck on the bath tub or toilet and warping all over, or getting real cover from these walls? Priceless i say biggrin_o.gif .

I hope VG (newspaper) gets the message, I must have sent mail to 8 persons now about the new screenshots biggrin_o.gif

If it's comming on there webpage now, I'm the one who is responsible for that biggrin_o.gif

It is on VG now  wink_o.gif

Sweet! First time I have influence on Norwegian media biggrin_o.gif

It isn't going to be anything from VBS. VBS is hardly a consumer product: it's a training tool, and it has a price to match. You don't see any of the companies that make industrial flight sims demoing things at E3 because it's a consumer show.

Actualy the M16A4's are clerarly the ones used in VBS, the soldier model could look like the latest VBS man model with the new lightning. And the Kevlar helmets are eggshall thin like in VBS.

STGN

hey look at the soldiers in OFP2 and AA they are the same look at the how the woodland pattern is the mapping is the same. hmm interrsting.

STGN

Ok. Did everything all of a sudden change, or what the heck is the deal. Wasn't OFP-2 (For the PC) suppose to be a vietnam based setting? I'm seeing all these screenshots of nothing that has to do with anything related to a vietnam era setting, unless the game-plan changed and BIS is doing a whole different setup. I've seen nothing but modern era models, equipment, vehicles, aircraft, environment, etc etc etc. Someone fill me in on the situation right now, cause it obvious some information has changed big time that I don't know about.

Ok. Did everything all of a sudden change, or what the heck is the deal. Wasn't OFP-2 (For the PC) suppose to be a vietnam based setting? I'm seeing all these screenshots of nothing that has to do with anything related to a vietnam era setting, unless the game-plan changed and BIS is doing a whole different setup. I've seen nothing but modern era models, equipment, vehicles, aircraft, environment, etc etc etc. Someone fill me in on the situation right now, cause it obvious some information has changed big time that I don't know about.

Yea old news, this is from BIS site

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint 2, a true sequel to the million-selling military simulator, is in design and development by Bohemia Interactive. Focussing on another theatre of modern-historical warfare, Operation Flashpoint 2 will introduce 2nd generation Flashpoint Engine for the ultimate military gaming experience with even more realism, freedom and immersion than the original Operation Flashpoint.

Actualy the M16A4's are clerarly the ones used in VBS, the soldier model could look like the latest VBS man model with the new lightning. And the Kevlar helmets are eggshall thin like in VBS.

STGN

Well both BIS and BIA share the same artists so this isnt really surprising, and first released version of that A4 made its first apearance in OPF anyway (S&E MAP).

Quote[/b] ]Originally quoted by Placebo

You know the old saying about 2+2 doesn't equal 5? wink_o.gif

Anticipate 1 press release per E3 day, so 1+1+1 = 3 right? Think about that number

I´m having a deja vue of childhood memories...

Now in the depths of my private BIS archive I found this one ;)

paul.JPG

Keep it up Riddler !

Disclaimer: No animals got wounded or anything else while this pic was done, nor does the green suit have any relevance to anything on this planet or beyond...maybe somewhere in the cold outer space, but well you know it´s a real long walk there and I was just too lazy to check..and my car doesn´t have enough fuel to get there anyway.

Erm...yes...riddle on ! biggrin_o.gif

Don't know about you guys but the vehicle to the furthest left on this image looks some what like a shilka to me:

Picture (Shilka?)

Edit: Note: Not talking about the humvee, further left on just on the (land)horizon.

Dunno, but I wouldn't go there if I was a infantry soldier crazy_o.gif

Poor bastard sad_o.gif

Time to sleep here, phew what a day. I leave now wondering if there will be more goodies when i arrive home tomorrow, i think i will just take another peak at the OPF2 website tounge_o.gif .

Don't know about you guys but the vehicle to the furthest left on this image looks some what like a shilka to me:

Picture (Shilka?)

Edit: Note: Not talking about the humvee, further left on just on the (land)horizon.

No its tank , i zoomed in it upped the contrast and saw a faint line long like a tanks gun protruding from it.