Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Dynamic Campaigns

Yes, progressing slowly but surely, some days ago a new alpha version has been produced and tested by the DMA partners, feedback and suggestions collected.

The biggest problem actually is the free time factor, real life can be sometime more demanding than you can wish, it has slowed down the work on the template a lot.

Hopefully it should not be long anymore before a release, i am beginning the optimisation and bug fixing phase, as the template is mostly feature complete now.

Exellent I can't wait. I have an idea for a campaign already, I'm keeping it secret though so I can surprise every one.

On a side note I've thought of a good mission type that could be added. Perhaps a destroy the weapons cache mission. Basically a ammo crate spawns in a town or such and you have to destroy it? I suppose it's too late to suggest missions now. I wish I would have thought of it a few monthes ago.

Yes, progressing slowly but surely, some days ago a new alpha version has been produced and tested by the DMA partners, feedback and suggestions collected.

The biggest problem actually is the free time factor, real life can be sometime more demanding than you can wish, it has slowed down the work on the template a lot.

Hopefully it should not be long anymore before a release, i am beginning the optimisation and bug fixing phase, as the template is mostly feature complete now.

well i cant wait, thats for sure hehe

Real life is a bit busy actually so progress has slowed down again a very lot, but it should not be too long though.

It may be released before Duke Nukem Forever reach a retail state.

why oh why cant i even get started on the dynamic campaign (either one). i use the insertion but my guys always get killed leaving the helicopter, sometimes from very low altitude. am i missing something obvious here?

Which versions are you playing? How do your men die? Falling from the helo?

to add to the confusion of available Dynamic Missions and to use the time untill the pending GMER 1.2 are out,

i would like to present my latest conversion, based on Dynamic Afghanistan - Delta Force Addon Heavy smile_o.gif

DMAAE1.jpg

DMAAE4.jpg

Remo`s great Afghan Everon Map wink_o.gif

I was thinking - it might be fun to do something like a Mercenary dynamic campaign. Like your first mission starts out with you at the CO with just an AK - and you have maybe $1000 to spend on additional mercs/weapons. You go off on your mission and you get money for completing it and maybe $100 for every enemy soldier killed and $500 for every vehicle destroyed.

It'd probably be a scripting pain in the ass, but I'd be interested in giving it a go if anyone wants to help. smile_o.gif

Just a thought, but I have a nagging feeling we've talked about this before...

If money gained was not dependent on who killed the target, the scripting would be no more difficult than current versions. Where the current scripts say something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#dead

enemy_support = enemy_support - 1

deletevehicle _t

exit

make it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#dead

cash = cash + 100

deletevehicle _t

exit

Some time back I actually started working on a dynamic campaign where the player is a vampire hunter. You start with enough cash to buy an AKM, killing vamps let's you buy new gear. So scripting cash is not really a problem.

I'm thinking the more difficult part would be the actual purchase of additional mercs, weapons and vehicles. It'd probably require a dialog and a way to make weapons you take off of dead bodies to be persistent. Right now, IIRC, your weapon loadouts are restored to defaults when you rest.

Purchasing new mercs would be pretty easy, just spawn a guy and then add him to the group. You could have options such as:

- recruit a rookie merc

- recruit an experienced merc

- recruit an elite merc

with appropriate price, setskill etc.

Salvaging weapons off dead guys could be tricky. But vehicles wouldn't be a problem. Just check the distance to the base during purge, if they are far away, delete. Otherwise, keep them.

Resting doesn't need to reset to the default weapon. Using the code "primaryweapon", you can allocate the appropriate ammo. I can send you the code if you are interested. I also have the MP code pretty much implemented. I just need to comment my code, write the readme and squash a few bugs.

Quote[/b] ]I'm thinking the more difficult part would be the actual purchase of additional mercs, weapons and vehicles. It'd probably require a dialog and a way to make weapons you take off of dead bodies to be persistent. Right now, IIRC, your weapon loadouts are restored to defaults when you rest.

Maybe its possible to use SOW (The Sinews of War) for this in the MP-version?

Quote[/b] ]- recruit a rookie merc

- recruit an experienced merc

- recruit an elite merc

How about a system similiar to Jagged Alliance? smile_o.gif So the mercs each have a name (like 30-40 different should be enough), varying skill, health and weapons. Some of the expensive ones should have special weapons that you can't get elsewhere, maybe even body armor if that's possible. If they die, they're gone for good and if injured, they stay at the hospital for a few missions.

not bad the idea, this would give a face/name to the else anonym squad mate, and you will take much more care for the 10.000€ merc you just paid for (even if an insurance will make up for some of the loss) wink_o.gif

@honchoblack - so i know your doing a blackbloods version of dynamic afgan. so will you be including the new landrovers with the wmik?

yes i will definatly use them, the quality of the new vehicles is supperb and will make the right addition to BlackBloods desert troops thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: *COUGH* whistle.gif *COUGH*

all i need now is a CH47-D with british cammo to go with the units for the Air insertion, i hope that i dont want to use the default CH47-D, the only british variant available is this one, but i believe it wouldnt really fit the desert terrain

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=2412

and the fabolous Lynx doesnt really fit the desert terrain either, so i am kind of stuck with the lack of air insertion

My project has been renamed CCE (CoIn Coop Engine). Current status:

Quote[/b] ]This version uses default OFP units on Nogova for easy modding. Scripts for SEBNampack 2 have also been done (using Iadrang). Alternate islands/weapon packs/OPFOR packs etc will probably be the last thing done.

Currently working in MP:

- Reworked win/loss system

- Mission allocation/resolution (S&D, Defend, Raid, Human wave, Convoy)

- Bad guys (AI, random weapons, etc)

- Self-contained artillery, flares and CAS

- Campaign factors (enemy morale etc.)

- Rearm scripts

- Helo insertion/extraction

- Respawn

- Civilians

Planned additions:

- Airstrikes

- More missions

- General polishing/tweaking (seamless spawns, etc)

Other stuff in progress:

- Commented scripts

- Editor's guide for porting to your own units

It will be playable "out of the box", but the main goal is to give mission editors a tool to create their own dynamic stuff without spending months scripting.

Some update about the addon free SP template

Status on Alpha phase (alias the feature implementing phase).

...............Complete

Status on Beta phase (alias the bug hunt/ fixing phase).

...............Processing

Status on a list of what's new since the last alpha phase status.

...............New unknown Features located

...............Access Denied

...............Log Off

I'm thinking the more difficult part would be the actual purchase of additional mercs, weapons and vehicles. It'd probably require a dialog and a way to make weapons you take off of dead bodies to be persistent. Right now, IIRC, your weapon loadouts are restored to defaults when you rest.

You mean like this:

SOW_AP.jpg

and this

SOW_MP.jpg

?

whistle.gif