Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Dynamic Campaigns

this sounds like one hell of a conversion, good job Ag_Smith, you laid it all out, once picked up and made this will make a great mission, if noone picks up the idea i will sometime, but it wont be anywhere soon tounge_o.gif

The best thing of all is that Tonal offers literally a LOT of possible locations for these missions what could allow you to replay the whole thing without having to replay a single mission again. Think how great replayability factor it would have. smile_o.gif

Edit. my post no. 1111 wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

damn, guys your sooo bad, i've to study, and now, when i think that i can start i discover this kind of mission, dynamic campaigns.....sigh, 2 hours playing this damn funny mission type, and i dont finish it....sigh...., i think i'm going to suspend my examns....sigh.... sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

@ag_smith

Don't be discouraged, I know your talented, but that sounds like quite a task.  If you break it up into managable chunks, though, you'll be fine.  The only thing I'm concerned about is Tonal.  I'm using a CoIN, ECP, Snypir SP/MP Support Pack combo on Tonal and take a FPS hit because of it.  Its still playable, but its not the most efficent map, and realize the FPS costs keep rising with intense scripts.

Ever notice how most missions on Tonal tend to be short and sweet, covering a relatively short distance on the island? Tonal's a great island, but unless you plan on using most of the terrain (I've scattered my mission markers into the wind and still use maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of the island, tops), lean on Tonali, desert Everon, one of the Afganistans, or a BIS island.

~TA-50

TA-50 -

as a suggestion i think its better to leave out the Snypir SP/MP Support Pack and write your own scripts for support, since i encountered lag with the pack, that led me back to write my own support scripts (its much more efficent this way wink_o.gif )

of course the lag encountered could be possible due to poor implementation of the pack to the mission by me, so if you get good results with it, never mind what i said smile_o.gif

I'm just wondering which aspects of the support pack you are using? I have insertion, flare and HE arty scripts that work in my MP tests. An airstike should be no problem. I don't have napalm or cluster munition scripts though. I could share these if you want them.

EDIT: Since there are quite a few people working on different dynamic missions, maybe we should start a thread in mission editing/scripting where we can seek help and share scripts with each other?

Arty

Both 105 and 155 Arty support enabled

Airstrike

A10 w/LGB, cluster, and napalm

Fixed Wing CAS

A-10

Rotary Wing CAS

2x Apache, and 2x Kiowa Warrior

Extraction Helo

Randomly chooses Blackhawk or Chinook

QRF (Quick Reaction Force) [use these often]

1) Two Blackhawks with 6 infantry each, land/repel on map click

2) Trying out three little birds with 4xLSR deltas each, land on map click. Works well, quick landings

Infantry

-3x M977s with 6x infantry, dismount at map click

-3 squads of 6x infantry dismounts

-3x M2 Bradleys with 6x infantry each

Armor

-2x Abrams

Don't use the following often, but they're still in the scripts:

-paradrop 2x squads of 6x infantry from 2 C-130s

-paradrop supply crate

The only lag encountered is an initial FPS drop from ECP at beginning of the mission, and a FPS drop when the script is first triggered and the units are camcreated.

TA-50 -

Well, let me put it this way. I think I could manage to do it all myself, but the lack of time is the main problem factor here. That's why I want to 'sell' the idea to somebody else and that's the reason the whole project got stuck at concept phase. I know there're quite a few very talented mission makers over here, maybe one of them will be looking for an idea for the next mission...? wink_o.gif

Regarding Tonal... hmmm, I've chosen it because of my particular interest in African themed missions, especially since the whole mercs scenario seems to fit very well to the African surrounding. I guess Mungari Islands could be used as well. Other than that, similar scenario could be played out in Iraq (but there're no good Iraqi maps available ATM).

The sheer size of the Tonali island is another factor that I find quite desirable. smile_o.gif

Desert Everon seems quite outdated, when compared to currently released island. I would gladly see somebody update it with the those buildings from CATIntro and some palm trees... but let's not go offtopic. biggrin_o.gif

Eventually it's up to missionmaker to decide which island to use. wink_o.gif

lets stay offtopic just a little longer, how about this, you make another lagfree enhancement of an african themed island (like you did with your exceptional work on Cat`s fantastic "island") and i will take care of the merc themed mission tounge_o.gif

How about Mungari ?

TacRod used it for the first CoIn , it is using Tonal content but is "lagging" a lot less.

I second Honchoblack. Make an updated African island with no addon dependencies and I'll help in whatever way I can to make the mission.

EDIT: Mungari is an awesome island, I just wish it didn't have any dependencies.

its less lagging but on the downside it has huge addondependencies, on the other hand all of them are high quality and worth the download, but since its a beta an update would be nice smile_o.gif

Mungari island 0.5 beta [1.6MB]

Required addons:

BAS Tonal+OFPOR

Mapfact Baracken

Mapfact Airport

AGS Industrial pack3.0

AGS Harbour pack1.3

Heh, I wish I could do that but starting on upcoming Monday, I begin my 5 months vacation from OFP, so it's a no-go for now. sad_o.gif

Besides, the Mungari addon dependencies don't look so bad. I reckon every serious OFP player has Tonal, Mapfact addons and AGS object addons. tounge_o.gif

sad_o.gif the worst news of the day, i guess the mission has to wait for your return biggrin_o.gif

sad_o.gif the worst news of the day, i guess the mission has to wait for your return biggrin_o.gif

Now, that is the worst excuse I've ever heard! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I was hoping to play it as soon as I get back, but it seems that the old proverb about hope and fools is still in effect. wink_o.gif

You can always make the mission, including all the scripts for any other island. After all, porting it to new island when it's ready, isn't so time consuming task, is it? wink_o.gif

it was worth a try biggrin_o.gif

but you are right nonentheless, the idea is truly brilliant, i can play the mission in mind allready, and being a friend of the Grand Theft Auto kind of game approach i will see that this is done somehow, will require alot of work, will get to it once i get the feeling i am done with my current two missions, whenever that might be (i guess 5 month more or less) wink_o.gif

but once the structure is set, the conversion to another island could be done in a couple of days smile_o.gif

Hey guys, I've been trying out one of the dynamic campaigns again . I really, really, really, totally want to see this take off wide scale. Dynamic campaigns are where it's at for me. Personally for me the perfect game would be a combination of Enemy Engaged and Flashpoint.

I do have one request though. Do you think you could remove the Detatch teams 1 through 3,lay down, stand up, fire, and dont fire from the action menu? They really clutter up the action menu and you can perform all those functions already from the radio.

For example ~,3,2 is  all don't fire and ~,3,1 is all weapons free. Plus there is ~,7,5 which is all stand up and ~,7,6 which is all go prone. Then there is ~,7,7 which is all keep low. All keep low is default, on it the troops stand, crouch, and lie down on their own.

Also from the 9 key you can assign teams. For example I usually keep my troops as team one and any APCs on team two.

I am not sure if Honchoblack had removed this from his released Afghan mission though.

But this has been removed from the template i am working in, since the first day i began to build it.

Quote[/b] ]I am not sure if Honchoblack had removed this from his released Afghan mission though.

But this has been removed from the template i am working in, since the first day i began to build it.

Exellent.

I've been looking forward to your templates for some time now, with much trepidation I must add. I have quite a few ideas for campaign scenarios.

I'm not sure if Honchoblacks Afghanistan Coin has or not either. I haven't tried it out yet as I'm waiting for the next version.

nope i never borthered, since i always play in basic version, but the idea is good, and i will change it accordingly, specially since i use a radio operator now, so the commands would be further crowded smile_o.gif

Just a little random rambling from me...

It would kick ass if some one would make a turn of the century French Foreign Legion Addon. That would be great for a coin campaign.

Include some Saracen bandits with Mausers and scimitars as the opfor. Also add some rideable camel and horse units for them, perhaps they would be of the motorcycle class but with a script that animates the legs? Oh yeah and some pack mules for the Legion (already made I think?)and an early touring coach type automobile for the officers to ride in. Finally a Saharan desert map with one or two oasis complete with an old Berber fort to serve as the Legions base of operations.

Sorry, a little crazy of an idea I know. Just sprang to mind when I thought of scenarios for Coin.

PS... Maybe add in a scout biplane for the Legion.

Vive la Legion!

smile_o.gif

Somewhere on my list of Dynamic Campaign ideas is Algeria in the early '60s - someone made a set of Legionnaires for that period and it would go great with the whole Bushfires mod theme. It's just a matter of time now, as I've got to push the Bushfires SADF demo out the door (with a Dynamic Campaign) before any of that. I'll also probably do a Dynamic Campaign with our Djibouti island and Operation Frenchpoint addons when the time comes.

So much potential in Dynamic Campaigns... I love it. smile_o.gif

Hey Guys,

Im pleased to tell you that i am almost finished with a WW2 dynamic campaign and i should have it up on Sunday May 8th.

But,

There is a twist,

Unlike any other WW2 game, you will not play as an allied soldier. You will be an officer in the German army.