Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

Dynamic Campaigns

Yeah... exactly like that. smile_o.gif You making a dynamic mission with mercs? Or is that something like a JA2 campaign?

We were. Obstacles and life's little interruptions will prevent it otherwise. I'm trying to complete a non-dynamic 7 mission campaign made by another team member (nubbin). We are testing it now with a new SOW build.

Perhaps when ArmA arrives, work will continue on a dynamic campaign.

However, if you need dialogs.. open up the SOW description.ext and extract the sections you need. I don't think it would be easy to incorporate a full SOW into COIN since they would cross paths when it comes to things like money and stuff... but the dialogs are certainly available for use.

If you decide to use my dialogs, I'll help in any way I can, also.

Cheers

Quote[/b] ]If you decide to use my dialogs, I'll help in any way I can, also.

thats great, being completly new to dialogs myself I will open up the SOW description.ext to learn how to implement them.

the dialog you created would make a fine addition to a mercinary mission like Jagged Alliance 2, like Hellfish6 mentioned smile_o.gif

just like the very interesting concept, which AG_smith layed out a couple of pages back, i am quite interested in it wink_o.gif

Cheers

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried implementing KeyCat's Group Link dialogs into a dynamic campaign? From what I recall off the top of my head it's possible, but I haven't looked at the scripts in a while for either the dynamic campaigns or for the Group Link. I might try it tonight. confused_o.gif

didnt try to yet, but should give an interesting result since the group link ai owns me in any mission smile_o.gif

I haven't tried it in CCE, because it would probably override the AI I have scripted. However, I have an idea for an escape and evasion type dynamic coop mission where grouplink would be perfect.

Hi tacrod.

I am currently working on a multiplayer port of Dynamic Afghanistan. I haven't been much around these forums before, so I had no idea about CoIn and didn't realize that Honchos mission was based mainly on the CoIn scripts.

I also read that you are working on a mp version of CoIn but ran into problems. Since damp is nearly completed and is working fine I would suggest that I modify it to fullfil the DMA criteria. If you agree it could be CoIn multiplayer soon. If you don't like that idea I would suggest to integrate the damp solutions to your project, this should speed up development. So what do you think?

Also thanks for inventing CoIn, the dynamic mission concept provides me a lot of fun! biggrin_o.gif

h

Hi smile_o.gif

I would like to remind everyone of DMA's rules for usage of our missions, as well as clarify some points.

First, please seek permission from a DMA member (Honchoblack, Sanctuary or TacRod) before releasing a mission based on DMA work.

Second, people may NOT release modified versions of modified DMA missions. For example, if someone makes a modification of Dynamic Afghanistan called Dynamic 'Nam, people may not modify and release Dynamic 'Nam.

As for CCE (formerly Coin Coop), I appreciate your offer Hermano. However, as stated earlier in this thread, CCE is largely finished. It is currently being tested. It has also been totally rewritten (specifically for MP), and uses different scripts and systems to Dynamic Afghanistan.

Sanctuary's Dynamic War template and my Coin Coop Engine are tools for mission makers to make their own dynamic missions. We would like to encourage people to release missions based on these systems (when released). The one thing we would request is that the mission maker makes significant enhancements (eg. new mission types, new campaign elements, etc). A simple port of units/island is not enough for a release.

We do not wish to discourage people from modifying our work, but we do ask that people respect the amount of time and effort that we have invested.

If you have any questions, please PM a member of DMA.

Thanks smile_o.gif

Most significant planned features from my opinion:

-Modular design system

-Sanctuary's addon-free template

I for one am perfectly happy using certain addons but not others. Sometimes because of performance issues, other times because of convenience. This is by far the most influencial feature.

Just to give some informations

DMA is planning a release soon, it means there will be soon 2 addon free templates for any kind of modifications, one for Single player and the other for Coop missions.

Both will have different features too and will play differently.

They are finished and mostly in debuging phase (and until now it is going very very well) .

But those addons free templates are just the smaller part of the iceberg of what to come.

Because i am not afraid to talk i will reveal what is coming along :

Prepare for the liste : there will be soon ....

hmm ? i am hearing some noise near , what it can be

....arghhhhhhh

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Edited by tacrod and honchoblack on September 13 2005,00:23</span>

Just to give some informations

DMA is planning a release soon™, it means there will be soon™ 2 addon free templates for any kind of modifications, one for Single player and the other for Coop missions.

Both will have different features too and will play differently.

They are finished and mostly in debuging phase (and until now it is going very very well) .

But those addons free templates are just the smaller part of the iceberg of what to come.

Because i am not afraid to talk i will reveal what is coming along :

Prepare for the liste : there will be soon™ ....

hmm ? i am hearing some noise near , what it can be

....arghhhhhhh

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Edited by tacrod and honchoblack on September 13 2005,00:23</span>

Do you lot like taunting us good people!?!?! goodnight.gif

Mmmmh, Sanctuary...

Looks like you're killing us. At least me, for sure ! Well, I'm pretty sure this is gonna rock ! Dynamic missions/campaigns are an absolute must, and I kinda have much fun with Dynamic Afghanistan/Vietnam. At least, before I get killed, which appears to happen pretty quickly, though whistle.gif

Keep up !

Yeah Dynamic Afghanistan rocks - its all I play at the moment although I am pretty crap. Had an amazing night time firefight against what felt like hundreds of rebels. Using ECP the artillery looked great and the sounds of all my squads various weapons were great.

However, my forces are running out of equipment after me crashing all the choppers etc - will I get them replaced ever?

Some CCE pics (nothing too sexy unfortunately):

cce1.jpg

cce2.jpg

cce3.jpg

Some non-CCE pics:

cae1.jpg

cae2.jpg

Some CCE pics (nothing too sexy unfortunately)

I don't know! Looks pretty cool to me. Can you clarify how those map elements work? You click on the radio to choose support then select the support type which hides for you to click on the map? And real planes provide the airstrike? yay.gif

New interface looks great.

What are the non-CCE images about/from?

Some CCE pics (nothing too sexy unfortunately)

I don't know! Looks pretty cool to me. Can you clarify how those map elements work? You click on the radio to choose support then select the support type which hides for you to click on the map? And real planes provide the airstrike? yay.gif

New interface looks great.

What are the non-CCE images about/from?

The player clicks on the "Support" radio option and then the map. The dialogue then appears and the player selects which support option they want. Simple as that. For the airstrike a jet flies over and drops bombs.

The other shots are from a WIP mission called "Combined Arms Engine". Hopefully it will do for conventional warfare what CCE does for counter-insurgency warfare. The player is a platoon leader. I have had some great battles using this with ECP, even in it's current state. However, CAE will not be released soonâ„¢, as all the soonâ„¢ has already been used up wink_o.gif

However, CAE will not be released soon™;, as all the soon™; has already been used up  wink_o.gif

Haha does that mean that with soon almost used up, we will see CCE/DynAfghan VerySoon ??  wink_o.gif

Well DMA Release Day was a success, so I'd like to talk about my next project.

It's called CAE (Combined Arms Engine). It is a platoon-level dynamic campaign based on conventional warfare. The player is an infantry platoon leader. Each squad under the player's control can be issued objectives and orders through a dialogue. Sometimes the player will have MBTs or IFVs in support, sometimes arty and air will be available. A successful commander must manage his force carefully, as only limited replacements will be available.

It is currently possible to play and win a mission, but all the important between-mission stuff is missing.

Also, last night I wrote the first script for a little thing called "CoIn 2".

Interesting to hear.

I'm curious to know what you're setting out to accomplish with CoIn 2? Like what you'd like to improve upon or new ideas you've got. smile_o.gif

This CAE engine sounds like what i've been waiting for since OFP:s release. If this was an official addon i would pay for the xp pack. Even more than i would for AA smile_o.gif. Anything to get rid of the "John Wayne heroics" type missions which seems to dominate this game.

marcus

Interesting to hear.

I'm curious to know what you're setting out to accomplish with CoIn 2? Like what you'd like to improve upon or new ideas you've got. smile_o.gif

Without going into much detail, CoIn 2 will be a totally different system, it won't play like current DMA missions. The subject matter is much the same. There will be more freedom and hopefully a less predictable experience. It will require more thinking too, the player's decisions will have a big effect upon the outcome. You want to raid an enemy leader's base? Well, first you have to find it.

I swear, anything you guys are working on sounds utterly revolutionary, challenging, satisfying, and fun!

The recent screenshot postings are very exciting to see. I hope that more community mission/campaign makers take it upon themselves to use these features to make comprehensive missions.

As always, I'm deeply impressed by what you choose to work on, and by the professional level of craftsmanship.

Yours,

Kyle

Jan. 24, 2006

smile_o.gif