Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

I'v been wondering,the shinyness look on those,are those in the texture or some sort of texture map that has a reflectivity on it,well enough to reflect sunlight (it's on Diesels A-10)

Will you be attempting to make the refuelling capability of these birds available in game through some scripting wizardry? Would some advancement of the system Hawk had on his original C-130 that had extendable drogues be possible?

Yes that would be possible. Just create refueling points in the position of the extended drogue, now when the drogue isn't extended set the fuel cargo to 0, save the amount in a dummy animation and reset it once the drogue is extended again.

The shinyness is part of the texture, but as a C-130 either spends its time on the airfield or flying level, it doesn't look too noticable.

Inflight refueling is possible, but remember that OFP is not a flight sim, and never will be, I think it would lead to an insane number of crashes, and is not something which would really add to the game, I feel.

The features incorporated into the C130 are designed to be as ueful in MP and SP as is possible, but NOT if you just want to fly around for 5 mins then forget about the addon. That's just a waste of work.

The features will be Red/green jump lights, animated tail ramps, and stuff like that. If you're flying about in Mission Editor you'll be flicking the lights on and off and getting very bored wondering what they're for, but if you're sat in the back of the C130 and the light goes from red to green, you'll know you have to jump.

So really we're aiming for usefullness over eye candy, and while you could use inflgiht refueling, in OFP you're rarely a minute's flgiht from an airfrield. wink_o.gif

On the shiny part , Jaguar you could contact lupus and ask/request him to do a material config work for you as he did for other BIS units and community made addons such as BAS helis and OFrP ones as well smile_o.gif .

Yo Jaguar those last pictures look like real life C-130's jumped in OFP world wow_o.gif

Your texture work is really great m8 wink_o.gif

I think it would lead to an insane number of crashes.

Not necessarily. Even a year ago I haven't suspected what trick can be pulled out with planes in OFP, but after producing a plane addon recently, now I manage to land with almost any given plane on 100-200 meters long strip of land. (I can land on Nimitz without the help of arestor wires, LOL!). With a bit of practice, I'm sure most players could learn how to perform inflight refueling without crashes. smile_o.gif

But then there is your reasonable argument, that it usually takes a minute to land on an airfield and fill up the tanks. rock.gif It's your call on it, and whatever it's gonna be, I'll be satisfied with what I get. smile_o.gif

Thats truely jaw dropping work Jag man. That really is incrediable. Im really looking forward to this!

Oh and btw, what island where those last pics taken on, looks nice, yet looks slighlty different to the normal ones.

I like it........I like it alot............. biggrin_o.gif

The 130 has been presented in OFP a couple of times and none have satisfied me anywhere close to even where these pics do. Great job.

I really hope you get the handling correct.

I really hope you get the handling correct

flys like a dream wink_o.gif

Thats truely jaw dropping work Jag man. That really is incrediable. Im really looking forward to this!

Oh and btw, what island where those last pics taken on, looks nice, yet looks slighlty different to the normal ones.

It's called Havelte or something.

It's a nice map, heavily wooded and a lot like the British army training areas I've been to (that's not a lot though tounge_o.gif )

It has several clearings which you could land a C-130 on.

No pictures today.. would just be showing the same thing over and over (infact from the last 3 sets there has been only small changes).

Perhaps when I have more time in 2-3 weeks I could do more work. Feel free to post ideas and what ever here though, there's work actively going on to the pack.

I can sound a bit crazy when posting this but can you make a Estonian c-130? In real life we don't have them but i'm a dreamer.

So who knows...maybe we'll get one in the next 500 years but the paintjob would be easy just a single triangle- (note the order of colours!) blue-black-white like you can see on the pic

and the camo could be just green and Estonian flag on the back and sides.

http://www.mil.ee/im/varustus/tehnikapilt/robinson_4.jpg

Well to be honest I can't really see it happening if there are no real life Estonian C-130s, and also no Estonian troops to go with it. tounge_o.gif

I dunno.. perhaps though.. if you want it a lot it would not take me much work..

xmas_o.gif

Nilz was making Estonian troops.Also it would be cool to see Estonian airforce flying trough skies with it. biggrin_o.gif

and why it can't be Lithuanian, Latvian and etc? maybe russian? :DDD just jocking...

nice Hercules... but, please, make the C-130J with 6 bladed rotors

C-130J/J-30

c-130j-horizwithtower1.jpg

Hmm damn that C-130 looks sexy,Jaguar. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway I didn't read all the topic but do you still working on that M109 Paladin?

Not actively, that is one of Carnage's projects.

When he returns he'll pick that stuff up.

That sounds cool Jag.

One quick question, would there be a crashed model version available, would be cool for some CSAR missions, or information recovery.

indeed, it WOULD be cool with a crashed and burned out wreck....

maybe one for each country if it isnt too much to ask for?

I've already said I'll do 2 versions for each country: crashed and sabotaged.

Something along these lines

c130rside1.jpg

c130lside1.jpgc130farback1.jpg

c130back1.jpg

Sorry Jag, I must of missed that bit, lol. Well thats great, will really be cool. This is now one of my most looked forward too addons now, wooo!