Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

Hello.

For some time DKM's gone without posting news, and the site's gone down, as some of you may have noticed. We are not dead. wink_o.gif

While most members are very busy with real life, this is not a permanant situation and it will sort itself out eventually. until that time, you're going to have to put up with my mediocre efforts at addon making. biggrin_o.gif

All of the projects we were doing before we slowed down are still going on, and will be resumed when there is time. So, you have not lost any of the addons which were coming to you. This includes the Artillery pack, containing the TOS-1 and Paladin, as well as my M981 FISTV. Also, the UK pack will be finalised. In the meantime I would like to unveil for the second time an addon I have been working on. You may have already seen the ADATS thread in the past, which was my first model. Things have moved on from that point, as can be seen below:

Pic1

Pic2

pic3

Pic4

Pic5

It will feature:

Suspension

Animated Radar

Smoke scripts

caps of missle tubes fly off when fired

All the scripts the Tunguska had (this time aiming for reduced lag)

Many more..

No release date can be given, this addon is being made with as much attention to detail as I can, that takes a lot of time, research and money.

Any comments welcome.

EDIT: messed up the topic title.. sad_o.gif

No, the screenshots were taken in VBS, but the addon will be for OFP.

As I said before: DKM will not be going to VBS. wink_o.gif

Nice to see you again DKM_Mod guys biggrin_o.gif

Nice pics, great work !

fighter

smile_o.gif

oh yeah! you are not dead!!!

well maybe 3-4 months ago i tryed to visit your site and i got bad fealings went it wont loaded, first thought was, you are too busy making addons to renew site, but the second frightened, remembering BAS mod, when i tryed to visit their site it didn't loaded, then i looked in other site, there was writen that BAS is MIA (maybe not missing, but missing in ofp...).

your addons are very welcome!!! just do it right... ;))

Nice model, great textures but horrible tracks!

Do something with them, anything.

This is one messy news post.. biggrin_o.gif

I should mention that the tracks, roadwheels, and the plain green textures are temporary. The Radar dish will also be remodeled to be more realistic.

The JPG compression has slaughtered it though, looking at the textures sad_o.gif

Ah , something good to hear : DKM are not dead or gone to vbs1 only and will continue to produce addons in the future.

My ..\@DKM\Addons\ folder was a bit sad with the thought that nothing would have never been added there.

The new visual improvements of the previous version of this ADATS are looking really great , good job on this icon14.gif it will take a place in the @DKM folder as soon as released without a doubt wink_o.gif

you maybee could use the tracks of the CBT M113rock.gif

This thing looks a WHOLE LOT better than the last pictures good work man...

Yeh looking really nice Jag

Looks great! One small request if I may: could you please put a "DKMnoScripts = true" type option similar to the combat and RHS addons? It would help make this addon more usable on lower spec machines or allow replacement with other effects by mission makers.

I also just noticed the Canadian markings... very nice as I use the ONS pack quite a bit and the proper CAF AA unit will be cool to have. Thanks!

Great that DKM will be back !

Will you ever update the UKPack ?

As you surely know there is a whole army of bugs

in this great package.

"Also, the UK pack will be finalised."

qoute from DKM Jaguar first post in the thread

also glad to hear dkms sitll going at it great news great news indeed biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Nice ADATS!!!

I wonder if there will be something like mostknown enemy and another script to find the second nearest ADATS from the spotted enemy so this one fire at the target and the real nearest ADATS is kept for a safety shot or last resort shot?

Just like how i heard of the real Canadian ADATS network is used.

looks incredibly good!

By the way, does anybody in here know if there is some kind of SAM Addon out there? i would like to have some stationary AAA to protect an Airport in a mission i'm working on...thanks

looks incredibly good!

By the way, does anybody in here know if there is some kind of SAM Addon out there? i would like to have some stationary AAA to protect an Airport in a mission i'm working on...thanks

West side;

Not really any stationary stand-alone ones.

-The COMBAT Bradley pack includes the M6 linebacker

-the HMMWV pack by Fischkopp includes an Avanger

-the Swiss-mod inlcudes a stationary SAM (rapier)

East side;

also no real stationary SAM site

-DKM Tunguska (spelling?)

-SA-11 by BKM-mod

-APC pack by AKM74 inlcudes an zu-23 with two missiles.

@DKM;

Bloody good looking vehicle!!! It has improved quite a lot since the last screenshots I've seen IMO.

I wonder if there will be something like mostknown enemy and another script to find the second nearest ADATS from the spotted enemy so this one fire at the target and the real nearest ADATS is kept for a safety shot or last resort shot?

Thanks for the comments everyone, good to have some support. The last ADATS, like my attempt at texturing soldiers for the UK pack (yes, those were my fault) were pretty damn poor. I will freely admit that. tounge_o.gif

The scripts you are talking about for this sound a lot like the group-uplink for the Tunguska, where only one has active radar which makes the others a lot less vulnerable to being detected and picked off. This will be incorporated.

So far I would say the addon is about 40-50% complete., and that much is only the models and texturing, still all the featuers and scripts I want to incoporate are not started.

As you may notice above, there are few purely missile fireing vehicles, I hope this addon will change that. I hope to get people who would not usual download Canadian addons to do so, because with this addon there will be as much to watch inside the vehicle, through the eyes of its operators, as there will be in 3rd person views.

Quote[/b] ]I hope to get people who would not usual download Canadian addons to do so

I couldnt have put it better myself.

biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gif

That looks awesome. Guess you really learned how to texture now (although we already knew that because of the NAFP vehicle).

looks incredibly good!

West side;

Not really any stationary stand-alone ones.

-The COMBAT Bradley pack includes the M6 linebacker

-the HMMWV pack by Fischkopp includes an Avanger

-the Swiss-mod inlcudes a stationary SAM (rapier)

East side;

also no real stationary SAM site

-DKM Tunguska (spelling?)

-SA-11 by BKM-mod

-APC pack by AKM74 inlcudes an zu-23 with two missiles.

@DKM;

Bloody good looking vehicle!!! It has improved quite a lot since the last screenshots I've seen IMO.

There's also the Lavos SA-13/SA-12, and there are a few SA-2

sites in production, IIRC.

@Jaguar

Yes the TUNGUSKA's group-uplink and others scripts are part of what i was talking about.

Quote[/b] ]

COMMAND AND CONTROL

The ADATS network coordinates the fire power of up to six ADATS spaced at distances up to 20km. Any ADATS can be the network master controller and the network can link with other command facilities in real time.

Fully automatic real-time data exchange includes airspace control data, weapon control orders and fire control orders, target identification data, individual system status and vehicle position, threat prioritisation and optimised weapon allocation, engagement status, weapon status and jammer triangulation data. The six-unit network can engage up to 48 air or ground targets.

The links use frequency-agile radios or landline. Over 2,000 frequencies with 25kHz channel spacing are used in the frequency agile radio link. The system architecture provides full duplex data exchange and simultaneous half duplex voice communications.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/adats/

Was i was thinking is more something like a system that avoid many TUNGUSKA or ADATS or any air-defense to fire at the same target and waste precious missile and time for rearming. With many rules of engagements available and automated.

Also if the imaging system can be changed like having something like FLIR and a satelite view of a target.

Cause for now we operate tanks like it was in the 70's.

What are your future plans?

I have a few sugestions!

Updating the comanche

-A good tailrotor script like the one from kyle sarnik

-repare those fucking dors so that you can eject!

-the engine start similar like the mi 28!

-a script so you can load custom gear (kyle sarnik)

-mdf where you can see the target

BY THE WAY THE HELICOPER IS THE COOLEST!

please do a similar update!

-Making a special operations transport helicopter

I would realy like to see a military version of douphin!

Updating the tanguska

-make it to do les damage!

Sorry RAH66 in reallife cannot be ejected from, no US choppers can be ejected from only east verssions of the helos, some even having ejection seats like KA50, 52, and 60.