Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Decisive Killing Machines

Gnat @ April 10 2005,12:35)]Ouch ... that gotta hurt !

Looks lucky they didnt have a fire.

They did, what do you think happened here:

c130rside1.jpg

wink_o.gif

I've already said I'll do 2 versions for each country: crashed and sabotaged.

Hmm sabotaged . . . do you mean something like 'plane bombs'? Like, when you start the motor, the whole thing goes BOOOOM! ? biggrin_o.gif

More like if is been blowed up by special ops while parked, like the SAS did to the Argies in the Falklands.

Regards.

@CERO.

Uh, I think I got that wrong, was there any airplanes stationated in the Falklands? lol.

All I know is that the SAS and/or SBS supossed to blow some stuff in there tounge_o.gif

Did the SAS actually raid an airbase in Argentina, I think thats the thing your talking about. I saw a documentary about it once, im pretty sure it was in Argentina.

Ah, found some info.

Quote[/b] ]The night of 14/15 May saw one of the most daring raids carried out by the SAS during the conflict. A reconnaissance group of D Squadron had already reported the presence of eleven aircraft at the Pebble Island airstrip on West Falkland.

Twenty members of Mountain Troop D Squadron, led by Captain John Hamilton, assaulted the airstrip with orders to destroy all aircraft. Despite a few last minute hitches, by the time they finished, all the aircraft hand been destroyed or rendered irreparable, and one Argentinean lay dead. Two of the squadron were wounded from shrapnel when a mine exploded, although they were not seriously hurt. The success of the mission was a serious blow to Argentinean morale.

Here.

That makes me think that this Damaged models will be very usefull.

Have you considered any of my early sugestions? about cargo scripts and so on?

I don't know about the ready to jump scripts that would change the seating animations, that may be too complicated, and would be a very difficult system to debbug, but the vehicle cargo scripts with an option to make a vehicle compatible by executing the script throught its init field, well, that would be perfect.

Now, do anybody know how to do such a script/s? tounge_o.gif lol

Regards.

@CERO.

Yeah @cero, we're sorting the internal model first (thanks to sniperskull) then we can look at what to pack into it. Already had quite a few interesting suggestions. smile_o.gif

Oh and when i said "I've already said there will be crashes.." I didn't mean that in a angry why-don't-you-read-back kind of way, I just forgot to add smilies tounge_o.gif

Great.

BTW, if you still interested, I'll hand my work mate a top view of a Hercules for him to point who seats where in the RAF ones.

Later.

@CERO.

No worries Jag, I didn't take it that way anyway, lol.

That would be cool if we could hav special seating for the crew. i.e. a loadmaster stands near the ramp, by the opening switch thingy.

That's actually an interesting idea. Like making the first cargo proxy to be a jumpmaster standing by a side door. Might be pretty cool!

wow_o.gif OOh Jaguar do you have any pics of the open ramp???

Every day checking for screenies! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Not at the moment, the interior is having a complete re-model.

I DO have some funny VBS C-130/My & Extraction's C-130 compaison pics though. rolleyes.gif

you would have to make that Loadmaster proxy exempt from any para drop script.

True, but IIRC, jumpmasters jump. Granted, they'd have to be the last ones out of the plane... crazy_o.gif

I wasn't a paratrooper, so my info is second hand regarding this.

True, but IIRC, jumpmasters jump. Granted, they'd have to be the last ones out of the plane...  crazy_o.gif

I know a loadmaster in the RAF does not jump out the back of C130's as they are responsible for loading and unloading cargo on to the bird, they are not combat troops

4D92B1EA_B048_4505_953B2A6D19F06A40.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The skills of the Weapon Systems Operator (Crewman) reflect the tasks unique to the aircraft at the centre of your professional world. It’s during your training that you are streamed – either to work on rotary wing aircraft (helicopters) or fixed-wing aircraft.

Whatever aircraft you work on, as a Weapon Systems Operator (Crewman), you plan for the freight – supplies or personnel, weapons, relief packages or a medical team – to be loaded, carried and unloaded quickly and safely. You may also have an important role on the flight deck, offering hands-on assistance and information to the pilots. For some missions, you could be trained to operate the aircraft’s defence systems.

As a Weapon Systems Operator (Crewman), you can also volunteer to train as a Winchman on a Sea King search and rescue helicopter.

Jag, it'd be an idea to ask Mav if you've not done so already. He made his living falling out of those things.

from what i've been told etc

jumpmasters jump... they're the ones who stand there shouting go go go... and pushing the guys out... the loadmaster is the pilots eyes and ears in the cargo hold, as well as deciding what goes where, where people sit and opening and closing the rear ramp (of course there's more to it than that)

True, but IIRC, jumpmasters jump. Granted, they'd have to be the last ones out of the plane...  crazy_o.gif

I know a loadmaster in the RAF does not jump out the back of C130's as they are responsible for loading and unloading cargo on to the bird, they are not combat troops

In the US military, the Jumpmaster is a paratrooper who is actually in charge of the jump. He's the one that shouts "Port side stand up! Starboard side stand up! Hook up! Check your gear! Go! Go! Go!" and is the one that actually pushes people out of the plane - he goes last, AFAIK.

The loadmaster is the USAF crewman who makes sure weight is evenly distributed in the aircraft, recovers the static lines from the doorway and secures the plane after a jump - but isn't a jumper himself.

Edit- Messiah replied as I was typing, but beat me to it fair and square. tounge_o.gif

I think the RAF loadmaster does, it is different from the USAF, lol. maybe making him a jumpmaster would be easier, then he would jump. If you made it the last cargo proxy though, it would mean having to fill up the whole aircraft before we could have a jumpmaster. Maybe screw the realism and have it as the 3rd or 4th person or sumut like that. I just thought it would be cool, standing on the ramp watching the earth fly past below. lol.

Damm, I seen my mate today for 8 solid hours and forgot all about it.

That's what my stressfull job do to me,  crazy_o.gif

I'll print a top view of a c130 now so I'll remember tomorrow when we are in the locker room.

Sorry for the delay Jaguar.

Edit: while looking for a decent pic I come across this page. Good interior pics and so on.

Regards.

@CERO.

Okey dokey, this is what he pointed to me.

First thing, is the seating arrengament depending on the situation.

The pic below shoes the normal arrengament, but if there was a flight to drop the boys from the Paras, the seats would extend to nearly the ramp.

See pic below.

c130jcargobay5qw.th.jpg

Where I writed the words "Extra seats", right where the letters are, that is where the line for the "monkey lines" will go, running right above the seats towards the ramp.

The crew seats are kind of repressented in the pic below.

c130jonair8cz.th.jpg

If you are seating in the pilots seat you would have the copilot on your right side. Behind them would be the navigator, I think he is seating sideways facing the right side of the craft.

Behind the navigator and above, is the engeenier, facing forward like the pilot and copilot, the seat is on the higher part of the control room.

Behind the engeenier is a door that takes you to the cargo bay through some steps going down to cargo level, with the toilets next to it, but I'm not too sure if they are left or right.

On the right side next to the steps you'll find the "Load master" seat, with his back agains the wall, facing his hellper who is seated right oposite him.

This is the basic crew. In some ocasions depending on what kind of cargo they got, there can be more people working in the cargo bay, like a jump master, who stay in the plane because he belongs to the planes crew, sometimes there is two if two sets of "monkey lines" are running. That was my mates main job. and at the same time, if its troops in the plane, there also would be one or two guys serving food and stuff, actually know here as "tea" tounge_o.gif  British can't go to war without a brew, lol, even the SAS. biggrin_o.gif

That's all for now. If its anything else you would like me to ask him just let me know.

BTW, excuse my esspelling ift berry vad eye nou.

Regards.

@CERO.

Is it acctually possible to have more than a gunner, commander and a driver in a vehicle, or is it impossible. Maybe the rest of the crew could be done the way Clinks ships where, the men where spawned and placed in the vehicle aspart of the group. Maybe that could work.