Sign in to follow this  
tophe

BIS @ E3: Confirmed!

@ May 18 2005,08:51)]

In development at Bohemia Interactive Studio, Operation Flashpoint 2 will be published by Codemasters in Spring 2006 for PC.

hmm...intressting...really? rock.gif

What is your source?

One.

Two.

smile_o.gif

Publisher changes are not uncommon for BIS.......

Can anyone recall pre-OFP demo days? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Genre: First person military combat

Release date: Q3 2005

Publisher: To be determined

This confirms the rumours between BIS and Codemasters as far as I'm concerned

hmmm...intressing... rock.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Play two enthralling campaigns and 15 solo missions

See this? That means no Red Hammer, which was made by Codemasters. Resistance and CWC were made by BIS.

It would be cool if it would be like this:

OFP2 - an all-new game for PC.

OFP: Xbox - original OFP for Xbox.

Armed Assault - expansion pack for the original Flashpoint.

This would be fair as well, because as we've seen now, OFP: Xbox has some new good-looking models + VBS1 heads & hands.

The PC owners should get the same stuff as console owners smile_o.gif

Good news, and some at last! Yet it is yet unknown if the X-BOX version of OFP is armed assault, judging by what was said, the answer seems to be no.

So speculation continues about Armed Assault...

High all

Armed Assault is the X Box port

Says so here from BIS:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;top

http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/xboxpressrelease.html

Kind Regards Walker

OK this makes it fairly simple

Armed Assault = OFP XBox

CA / Combined Arms = commercial version of VBS1 (a repack to amass money for the development & final release of ...)

Operation Flashpoint 2 = Operation Flashpoint 2

Well, if anyone besides me watched the videos that were on vbsresources.com (the links don't work now), then you'll know that VBS1 has/will have dynamically destructable buildings... Unfortunately it doesn't show a bombing or artillery strike on the buildings, only some satchels and an Abrams driving through/shooting at the buildings, but it still looked good. And at the end of the convoy module video is a simple sort of buggy with a M2 on the top and a M249 in the shotgun seat, both firing seperately. And since OFP2 is based off VBS1...

I did, it all looked fake, you couldnt even see the buildings colapse due to a large cloud of dust so i cant say it looked good wink_o.gif , my bet is after OPF2 comes VBS1 will be updated to the new engine, get your visa ready for another expensive module(s) purchase i guess.

Right, first day and its about OPF for the xbox, looks ok but not the news i was expecting, my bet on the other games is problably OPF2 for PC and for xbox 360 has it wouldnt make much sense to release a expantion for the old flashpoint at this time, i must say they have made quite an achievement making flashpoint run on a old console, but i really want to see/hear more about our sequel smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]

E3 2005: Lights Out!

Power is out. E3 is over. Everyone can go home!

by IGN Staff

May 18, 2005 - The show floor is merely one hour from opening, and no one can see it. The lights are out at the LA Convention Center, meaning that the thousands of expectant industry professionals and analysts are left waiting until power is restored.

Although patches of power exist in the building (the IGN room, where this is being written still has juice), the grid is down on West Hall and the media lounge. Sources state that full recovery could take up to six horus. A similar thing happened in 2000, when the convention center lost all Internet access. We'll shed some more light (ahem) on this story as it develops.

Original Article

Boy, what a rough start!

Man am I glad those first 5 screenies were from Xbox, which explains for the most part the out of focus and plastic look. (for the most part.)

Wonder if we will get some pics of the real OFP2. Maybe too soon.

Cheers

I'm |------| this close to pop mad_o.gif

Gamespot don't answer my mails and local/national newspapers won't answer my mail.

"@Å€!#=!#¤ the game releated sites, they don't know what they are missing. mad_o.gif

Pimp the Conspiricy! Dev ditches Publisher! Community in uproar! Dev implementing plans for world domination! Attach links and quotes and pics.

Found this on ofp.info;

Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault is a PC game - Release should be for 2005! 19. 5. 2005, 14:03:07

Cervo

The Armed Assault website has just opened, and BIS posted an official press release about it!

So, as we've guessed, it's confirmed that it is a standalone PC GAME, compatible with community created content, join in progress for multiplayer, and it will feature an improved engine !

Armed Assault

Format: PC CDROM

Genre: First person military combat

Release date: Q4 2005

Publisher: To be determined

Bohemia Interactive Studio is proud to announce the development of the first person combat game – ARMED ASSAULT.

Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint: Armed Assault will reacquaint gamers with the ultimate in realistic, combat gaming. Armed Assault features a new engine with a fresh modern setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation.

Get ready to explore massive environments. Combat intelligent enemies that try to outthink and outmaneuver you. Preserve the lives of yourself and your squad members in the heat of a modern armed conflict.

Compatible with community created content

Large selection of playable military and civilian gear and vehicles

Fight for freedom in a new storyline

Map covering over 100 sq. km, in extreme detail

Comprehensive multiplayer support with join in progress

Customizable game with built-in mission editor

There some pics too, thought better not put them here, might have a row wink_o.gif

I like this part..

Quote[/b] ]...The sequel still has the incredibly large battle zone and can handle hundreds of soldiers on screen at once while there will be hundreds of thousands actually in the world at one time. The behavior of the other soldiers is dynamic and not scripted which means the soldiers will do what they think they should be doing according to their surroundings. Civilians in the game will act the same way and will retain a memory of what they have experienced. If you ask someone if they have seen something, they will tell you they have if they have, and will tell you how long ago it was...

But i think these dudes mixed up Armed Assault with OPF2 or something, check this..

Quote[/b] ]Although the game won’t be out until late next year, keep your eyes open for more information, it is definitely shaping up to be one of the best military shooters out there.

WTF crazy_o.gif

I suppose they did, but check out gamespy's screens! See my previous post!

I suppose they did, but check out gamespy's screens! See my previous post!

Yeah, shows nice models but has expected still looks quite the same, the spec op guys look like they came from the old west though and the weapons other than the M16A2 werent updated this far in development.

Also a curiosity to see a Land rover and a unimog truck there, possible resistance vehicals?

Now the Shark dudes really screwed up, its unforgiving for them to spread false information like that mad_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]The more exciting is the game which is yet to be named. (i.e OFP2) In their own words Bohemia Interactive is working on a “Next generation PC-gameâ€. It is reminiscent of Operation Flashpoint, but will be considerably more dynamic. In all three chapters both friendly and enemy AI-units are fighting 24/7. Outside the battlefield action the game generates missions,

Taken from OFPECs new report on it (translated from another site i think).

Dynamic! What can i say! I love you all! Im sure you all remember i occasionally go on about DID total air war and how thats the best dynamic engine ever (yet released), well this is an all out war modern version of that! In TAW, the conflict goes on and you take missions as they come, everything effects everything else. I really really hope that is going to be like OFP2 will be. And from the sounds of it, its looking promising!  smile_o.gif

So excited  biggrin_o.gif

this is from Gamespot,link

Quote[/b] ]That's an unusual means of contacting our staff, but whatever works. If you could email me at greg@gamespot.com and let me know who you attempted to contact, I'd appreciate it; we don't ignore such invitations from the game industry. We'll see you and Bohemia later today. Thanks for the information.

WTF crazy_o.gif

How many times have I (and Placebo) tried to mail them, PM them and open a thread to them?! mad_o.gif

Nobody listens to the little guy sad_o.gif

Anyway, nice job Placebo hope you get some credit now smile_o.gif

this is from Gamespot,link
Quote[/b] ]That's an unusual means of contacting our staff, but whatever works. If you could email me at greg@gamespot.com and let me know who you attempted to contact, I'd appreciate it; we don't ignore such invitations from the game industry. We'll see you and Bohemia later today. Thanks for the information.

WTF crazy_o.gif

How many times have I (and Placebo) tried to mail them, PM them and open a thread to them?! mad_o.gif

Hahahahah, that is pretty funny actually tounge_o.gif.  Hope everything at E3 is going well for BIS.

EDIT: On Gamespot's page for Armed Assault the release date says Q4 2005 (Europe). Link here. Any idea what is means by Europe? I can't imagine BIS not releasing AA to North America, Australia, etc...wouldn't make any sense wink_o.gif.

WTF crazy_o.gif

Yeah, you gotta love the gaming media, bunch of fooking parasites who live from others work mad_o.gif , all licking big publishers ass raving crap like brothers in arms, moh's and such crap.. like they have the power to decide what games are good for us to buy or not, screw them, i know what i like and what to do with my €€€'s...

That's kinda weird actually, the developers now begging GameSpot to come and see them. That used to be the other way around...

I just read the last three pages of links and posts, fookin'-A!!  Never had so much fun pissing myself (for the 3rd time today)BIS - Please let us give you our money!!! (yes, I often feel like a crack-whore, but for this level of simulation NP.. biggrin_o.gif )

You guys are absolutely awesome, in an 'UBER' kind of way!