Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

So the FFUR Team can see exactly how many people download the mod (OFP.info don't have counters - I think).

Hi Papy:

I mean I benchmark the mods based on Battlefields. To me, it should never lag. I spent big bucks on upgrades to be above average, and if it lags, then there is some need to optimize the mod.

there will come more configs this time, one for low, one for average and one for high cpus smile_o.gif

I've been playing this MOD for months now and have nothing but praise for the way it works and for the way the developers keep improving it over time.  Well done lads!

One quick question though about an artefact that does bug me.  At times when I shoot someone it seems as if I end up being hit by my own bullets (my life meter goes down).  This often happens when I accidently shoot a body that is already down.  

Has anyone else experienced this??

ive explained this already

its the animations! Y2K3 uses animations based on sanctuarys.. and i get that occiasionaly too. i dont know what thunderbird uses.. or even what you personaly use. but i can tell you that its not the tracers, its not the gun, its the animations

Quote[/b] ]I mean I benchmark the mods based on Battlefields.

well thats a bad idea. cuz there isnt a sole alive or a computer earthly built that can play this mission "without lag" crazy_o.gif and anyone that says that battlefeilds doesnt lag for them is full of ..it.

1.8 Ghz AMD athlon 3200. 512 ram. stock BIS crap. battlefields= FPS: 3

as read by DXDLL with ONLY the FPS counter operating. all other dxdll effects disabled. Operation Flashpoint Resistance benchmark as per the options setting w/ autodetect: 5338

unless you got 8 gigs of ram and a 12Ghz processor. with a 1024 meg grapihcs card. battlefeilds will not be playable for any human being using a computer built in this day and age. crazy_o.gif suggest you test on other.. more playable maps like "vulcan" or if you really want to test the lag factor play something on nogova.

you got 3 fps on Battlefields?! crazy_o.gif

Even i could play it normally.

The lowest fps was about 10.

BIS stuff.

--------------------

by the way,if you think it's bulls**t then you don't have to belive me,but i know it's true.

You may be thinking that because OFP is such an old game the high end CPU config should work on anything from 700MHz upwards, but you'd be wrong. In reality, for the high-end config we recommend at least a Pentium 4 2.0GHz (or an AMD 2800+XP). Celerons don't cut it, as their lack of a decent-sized cache can make the game lag when rendering explosions. We also recommend at least 512Mb of RAM and an average video card to keep the frame rates up (a GeForce 4 being the lowest). And if you have an FX card, the mod will struggle alot when tri-linear rendering is used.

So even if you have a fast processor, that doesn't necessarily mean the mod will or should work on your computer.

For the low-end CPU all you should need are the OFP recommended requirements.

Other news:

I've added a 'report bugs' system to the mod, to allow you to send us bug reports via email without having to post here. You should also be able to listen to the music included in the mod outside of OFP using our 'Knowledge Base' system.

love this mod good job vary good job smile_o.gif but iv got the new patch for it i think 4.1or two its the new one though, but on the black hawks there are two of them in the air list same name also, but i cant use the bas command like pick up or ladder down for pick up. is this post to be like this or what ???why cant i us the commands for the black hawks crazy_o.gif

If you've got patch 4.2 then that is not the latest one. Patch 4.5 is the latest, and is available here.

If it's not the patch, then we're replacing the rocket backhawk in the mission editor with the one in CSLA 2 (if it's released in time). that should fix it.

Quote[/b] ]well thats a bad idea. cuz there isnt a sole alive or a computer earthly built that can play this mission "without lag" crazy_o.gif and anyone that says that battlefeilds doesnt lag for them is full of ..it.

Ur totaly right.

With my computer (see sign) I sometimes lag on Battlefields.

my comp doesnt seem to lag much on battlefilds it still does but no where near 3fps. i can play most of it satisfactory but i havent actually completed it cause im to lasy i got to the paratroopers bit.

In reality, for the high-end config we recommend at least a Pentium 4 2.0GHz (or an AMD 2800+XP).

Just curious ... was that a typo or are Athlons at a disadvantage in OFP?

If you've got patch 4.2 then that is not the latest one. Patch 4.5 is the latest, and is available here.

If it's not the patch, then we're replacing the rocket backhawk in the mission editor with the one in CSLA 2 (if it's released in time). that should fix it.

thx needed that lol thx smile_o.gif

its the animations! Y2K3 uses animations based on sanctuarys.. and i get that occiasionaly too. i dont know what thunderbird uses.. or even what you personaly use. but i can tell you that its not the tracers, its not the gun, its the animations

Pappy, you may have explained it before but I couldn't find it - I therefore posted the query.

'It's the animations'. Sorry, this means nothing to me. Please point me to your previous post if that explains the problem in any greater depth.

Hi all smile_o.gif

I got one problem with this pack. I have work some month's with a sniper pack smile_o.gif And it's works perffect with Y2K3 pack, becouse i made a Super AI Sniper with a cal. 50, normlly a cal.50 M82A1 can kill someone of a distace of 1800 meters. So i made that with that sniper, and i work in Y2K3 and Standard OFP. But when i try this pack, my sniper never shoot before the enemy is 650 meters away. WHY?? How do i unlock that?

An athlon is quicker than a pentium in 3d gaming... I don't know what he is talking about rock.gif

An athlon is quicker than a pentium in 3d gaming... I don't know what he is talking about rock.gif

Athalon and Pentium are different processors. Apparently athatlon is faster than it's Pentium equivilent (like athalon 2 GHZ = Pentium 2.6 GHZ) I'm not too sure tho, you might want to ask someone who knows for sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong wink_o.gif

Ok smile_o.gif

Maybe this help:

Sniper_test.JPG

As you all can see in that test. My sniper pack work with Y2K3, he killed all officer's. And now, take a look at the right side with FlashFx Units Replacement pack 4.5. As you can see, he only killed one Officer at 500 m, he did't try to shoot they others Officer's. So can someone explain me why??

Ok smile_o.gif

Maybe this help:

http://www.rast.co.uk/images/Sniper_test.JPG

As you all can see in that test. My sniper pack work with Y2K3, he killed all officer's. And now, take a look at the right side with FlashFx Units Replacement pack 4.5. As you can see, he only killed one Officer at 500 m, he did't try to shoot they others Officer's. So can someone explain me why??

well from the start as fare as I remmember soldiers in this mod has been more inaccurate than regular OFP I think the way they shoot here is prity good and makes fire fights more interresting and you have a bigger chance of survival. eny way hitting a man at 2000 is very hard what weapon are u using?

STGN

Pappy, you may have explained it before but I couldn't find it - I therefore posted the query.

'It's the animations'.  Sorry, this means nothing to me.  Please point me to your previous post if that explains the problem in any greater depth.

your using custom animation pack arent you? you arent using the stock BIS crapy anim.pbo right?

well your custom animation pack.. places the gun at a differnt place then the stock stuff due. the muzzle is right near the "end" of the soldiers hit zone (not jsut hte model of hte osldier theres a small invisable halo outlining the models that record hits too... ever shot a tank or a soldier with a bullet that you know for a fact missed but they died anyway?) and the gun that is being fired.. the bullet at certian angles is hitting that halo point causing you to shoot yourself. this happens with quite a few animation packs.. but its so minuet that noone bothers to report it.. or mabe they just dont see it.

i posted the reason you shoot yourself was due to the animations.. 2 posts before you posted

found a little bug. sometimes when you shot you'll hit yourself and u'll loose a little dammage. sometimes it kills you after fired only 50 bullets.
Quote[/b] ]General - the tracers won't wound the soldier who fires them.

he is talking about the animation. i have that same problem with Y2K3.. only its not mod related. rather animation related

see i did say that rock.gif

about the battle feilds topic. i get 3 to 4 fps at the begining when me and 120 other soldiers are all running at the same time int eh same direction toward another 50 soldiers that we need to kill.

once passing the first part killing those soldiers, and inevetiably loosing 80% of the soldiers that started. leaving your west side with a more manageable number of troops. when the second wave comes in i get around 5 to 10 fps. becuz theres only 2 groups of soldiers (18 men) and 3 tanks. which is a lil more managable. the highest my fps got on battlefeilds was 11.

the problem with the mission is theres well over 300 soldiers on that map. every soldier consists of models, textures, and lod's that must be drawn and loaded into your systems memory. after that each AI must be givin "AI" which means standing around doing nothing is ok. but when they "sense" danger, or start walking/moving then the lil gears and wheels start spinning. when that happens guess what? your PC must now process every "AI thought" process. so now that now means you have in the begining nearly 200 ai thought process' running at full throttle at the same time. and that my freinds is what causes the battlefeild lag. now toss in Y2K3 or FFUR and now you have high quality models and textures that use up alot more memory then the stock stuff.. which makes battlefields impossible to play for anyone. tack on the running scripts per unit and guess what... if your PC doesnt lock up or bsod then you are lucky blues.gif

and taht my freinds is the battlefeilds story smile_o.gif

Hi STGN smile_o.gif

I'm using a Barett M82A1 .cal 50 (12.7x99) Sniper Riffle with some moderate change and 55x Scope biggrin_o.gif , hehe But in real, that riffle kill a man at 1800 m.

During the Gulf war a US. Navy SEAL sniper registrated a kill at a distance of ca: 2km with this rifle.

Athalon and Pentium are different processors. Apparently athatlon is faster than it's Pentium equivilent (like athalon 2 GHZ = Pentium 2.6 GHZ) I'm not too sure tho, you might want to ask someone who knows for sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong wink_o.gif

difficult to explain but it basically comes down to work done.

Athlons process more information per clock cycle, so they do not need to run as fast... traditionally athlons are better with games.

Raw mhz though is better for encoding and video editing... traditionally pentiums are better here... though AMD has been catching up.

The latest AMD 64 bit processors use an on chip memory controller thus eliminating the major bottleneck in the past... the Front side bus... which is often the single biggest cause of slowdown in games.

So the athlon 64 bit range is what you want for memory intensive games like flashpoint. It will leave any pentium in the dust.

Hi Papy:

Battlefields runs fine on my system of 3700 64bit AMD 1 gigs rams, and x800xt using FlashFX 1.8, and the latest animation and sound replacement addons. My main drive of 36 gigs; Western Digistal; runs at 10000 rpms on Serial ATA.

i found a new problem well its probaly just me but when i saw the post about there being a V4.5 i downloaded it because that not what i had V4.2 i think. Anyway when i first opened it up with 4.5 i get a message saying

"something needs lsr_uswp"

so i relised that that was laser's weapons so i reinstalled that then it worked fine.

But when i got to the manin screen another message about

"no entry config.bin LSR_M9"

So i thought that was lasers pack again so i thought i would have a look for a different version of lasers weapon pack but still didnt work also when that error message cam and i pressed ok the sound went for flashfx worked for ecerything else.

So is this possibly because i got V4.5 straight a way do i need a patch for V1.3 and V1.4 before i install V1.5 if so where can i get these 2 patches from

By Thunderbird84:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

hello buds,

The incoming FFUR 5.0, which should be released very soon (uploading for Betas tests), has been reduced from 700 MB to 300 MB; the size of the FFUR addons folder has been reduced from 800 MB to 330 MB , alot of scripts have been modified in the goal to reduce the lag to 60 %.

FFUR 5.0 will be the total conversion wich will have less mb of addons than Y2K3 and EECP and will replace more addons than both of these.

best regards,

TB84