Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

No lag using FFXUR on my config. I love it  smile_o.gif

Playing @ 1280x1024, Aniso 4X, Detail : normal and view distance 2500 m, smoke ON.

Most mods that change a lot of things from the original game will suffer significant performance hits because the engine isn't optimized for all the changes. That is why it should take a good while to tweak and modify things to reduce slowdown to a minimum. So take as much time FFX people as you need to get it right!

The different configs being written should allow the mod to be optimised for your PC. Also, you'll have the ability to choose between installing or not installing sky textures and other processor-intensive bits.

i ws never given a choice of downloading or not downloading some bits it was all installed

Also do you know how you say clean editor thats not really true it doesnt have all the other clases but it still has all the other options like under

West/men/ this bit isnt clean just the classes

No, I mean for the new pack, and you download it all, but only choose to install some of it (during installation).

The clean editor mission has been based on "removing all cpp"; but the incoming FFUR will also remove ALL USELESS textures and p3d in the goal to reduce the lag and to decrease the size of the FFUR addons folder.

I never really experienced any major slow downs until the INQ add-ons were introduced. Don't jack the textures too high or it will lag the system out. Keep it simple!

Athalon 64 3700+

1 GiG Ram

X800xt 256

Do you guys get huge lag when there are a lot of objects on the map?  I was getting 5 fps in the first mission of "Too young to die"

wink_o.gif

i get lag in missions with alot of objects.

its called "gaming"  tounge_o.gif  more objects = more lag. no matter what mod.. or what game u play.

normal mods=

lots of units means a little lag some times

this mod=

lots of units means unplayeble

5 fps on "battlefeilds" with nothing but stock stuff. BIS stuff.

9fps on "combined arms" stock BIS stuff.

512 RAM, 1.8GHZ Athlon Processor (AMD 3200)

try again tounge_o.gif

The different configs being written should allow the mod to be optimised for your PC.

Wasn't that already implemented, Reven?

The different configs being written should allow the mod to be optimised for your PC.
Quote[/b] ]

Yes, I was just re-informing a member again who seemed to have overlooked that.

found a little bug. sometimes when you shot you'll hit yourself and u'll loose a little dammage. sometimes it kills you after fired only 50 bullets.

General - the tracers won't wound the soldier who fires them.

New info:

The configuration update has introduced some new stuff, such as each side using its own tactics and movements in combat and the Soviets using the ORCS animations.

New screenshots:

FFURNewAnimationsEastSoviet.jpg

FFURSNIPERSOVIETANIM.jpg

FFURSOVIETSOYOUZANIM.jpg

FFURRPGEASTANIM.jpg

For russian spetsnaz units use the one of the RHS wink_o.gif

Agreed if you mean the ones they released a few days ago.

But don't do anything that might delay the mod further!

For russian spetsnaz units use the one of the RHS  wink_o.gif

Agreed if you mean the ones they released a few days ago.

But don't do anything that might delay the mod further!

Yes I mean the one that was released a few days back wink_o.gif

Yep that would be great.

BTW, there were some guys working on new 80s Soviet soldiers, dont know when they will release, and if it delays the mod forget about it smile_o.gif

Also I got a idea Tony ranger that released the VME Pla chinese pack had on some units a nice feature like set a trap.

Could you add a option for the special force units to set up a tent.

That would be a nice option wink_o.gif

also can you try and reduce the amount of lag on the next version its not really my computer because i played EECP mod same comp with less memory and it wasnt as laggy as this. Maybe its the high textured grounds and sky very nice but do they have to be so high textured or what ever. Just try and reduce lag and it sounds like it will be done from the size of the file change so there must be alot more scripts and soforth that have been cancelled

Apart from the lag its the best mod ive played so far

The ORCS anims is a good idea except the one that the Officer uses...it looks like hes in a firing squad. I just dont see that one fitting in...the rest are great.

I've tried the other configs already, some improvements but a lot slower than 3.5 with everything enabled. Even Battlefield lags when it shouldn't.

I've tried the other configs already, some improvements but a lot slower than 3.5 with everything enabled. Even Battlefield lags when it shouldn't.

you say that like battlefeilds was ever "not laggy"  rock.gif

found a little bug. sometimes when you shot you'll hit yourself and u'll loose a little dammage. sometimes it kills you after fired only 50 bullets.
Quote[/b] ]General - the tracers won't wound the soldier who fires them.

he is talking about the animation. i have that same problem with Y2K3.. only its not mod related. rather animation related

Quote[/b] ]

Yes, I was just re-informing a member again who seemed to have overlooked that.

I was aware that separate configs were made, however that is not the same as optimizing code to improve performance. The fact of the matter is that even high-end computers are going to lag in big battles with this mod, unfortunately.

I've been playing this MOD for months now and have nothing but praise for the way it works and for the way the developers keep improving it over time. Well done lads!

One quick question though about an artefact that does bug me. At times when I shoot someone it seems as if I end up being hit by my own bullets (my life meter goes down). This often happens when I accidently shoot a body that is already down.

Has anyone else experienced this??

The bouncing effect will be removed in 5.0 for light machine guns and rifles, but will remain for heavy machine guns.

There will also be very realistic tracers for rifles, coinciding with NATO standards wink_o.gif

One Question:

Why wont thunderbird let OFP.INFO mirror it too?