Sign in to follow this  
kerosene

J Rambo's Mid-East fighters

They are really nice, but how come one unit has a faded US patch? Is it because the uniform was "stolen"?

Edit- Ahh i didn't noticed that Muck said the same thing. tounge_o.gif

Its Munk... rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

Anyone know how to get the fookin handguns to show ingame?

lockup. (which is a ctd to a normal user but my PC locks up instead)

twice.

once when an incoming RPG was gonna hit my truck... they fired at the same time i fired a grenade.

second time was when i bombarded the hell out of them with grenades... locked up.

so until i can successfuly blow them up with grenades rockets and bombs. ill wait for an update.

but they LOOK really good smile_o.gif

I'm pretty sure they'd still remove any US insignia from stollen US equipment...

Handguns dont show aswell...

Ive been playing with the config (making a JAM version) and noticed all but 1 of the wound textures are in the .pbo...

RE: The yank flag, the jackets appear to be 'borrowed' from the US so having that there makes sense.

hope u get permission to release jam version

so we can have the choice to have hd ammo in them

biggrin_o.gif

oh yea forgot to mention a jam/hd version would be alot better due to the whole s&e magic guns. the whole one-shot head-shot everytime.

i mean i know the AI are ridiculasly accurate but the s&e weapons even moreso.

was crouched down in a factory window second floor and the guy ran at full speed ziging and zaging and then just bam, stoped, fired, headshot.

no aiming. no laying down. as fast s you can read this. run, stop, shoot, me= dead

no time to say wtf.

so yea some HD would be nice smile_o.gif

I was just about to dload these but this thread is scaring me

(bad blood texes and CTD)

rock.gif  crazy_o.gif

No CTDs anymore when I removed the silly PCpickup, I played with 180 of those MErebels and around 260 HyKsoldiers, dozens of armoured vehicles, trucks and support trucks no CTDs smile_o.gif

over 400 soldiers on one "mission" rock.gif

when you say "no ctd" are you refering to before, or after your PC exploded and you dove for cover to aviod the shrapnel? crazy_o.gif

wow these are great just tested them and they work fine for me.. i dont really care about the bood lol

nahh try to see for yourself if it works or not for you, i haven't had any problems yet.

nice work man,i wrote ya an email about a failure report of not entry - forget it -> my failure,sorry

great units, had a lot of fun with them already, though some testing results ...

- the old "groups" bug crops up again in the mission.sqm (commonly associated with UCE units)

- IMHO, from first person point of view the scar in front of the face is blocking view a bit too much

- when moveingunner'd, the third person view doesn't turn

- would it be possible to have these units in their white dresses WITHOUT jackets too? would be very VBS'ish hmm ...

these are ok i preffer the lost brothers middle eastern terrorist and civilian pack due out soon.

these are ok i preffer the lost brothers middle eastern terrorist and civilian pack due out soon.

Any screens? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- the old "groups" bug crops up again in the mission.sqm (commonly associated with UCE units)

That should read "commonly associated with botched configs from the dark ages of OFP" tounge_o.gif.

The addon is promising but needs at lot of work in the config department. The config.cpp is based on some old 2001-2002 era config and does just about everything wrong:

<ul>[*] Declares a class Groups -> screws up missions

[*] Puts every single unit in its own CfgPatches class -> is just bad form, clutters up mission.sqm:s

[*] Doesn't properly declare its dependencies -> addon is all but useless for actual mission making and MP compatibility

[*] Lacks a CfgModels section

Also, it seems the models themselves need handgun proxies added. (Symptom of lack of that: if you equip a guy with a pistol and wield it - the pistol is invisible but you can still fire it).

Does JJR visit these forums? If so, can anyone help him get those handgun proxies onto the models?

To illustrate the three top issues listed above, here's how the CfgPatches part of the config.cpp <span style='color:red'>could</span> look.

Quote[/b] ]class CfgPatches

{

class JJR_Rebels

{

units[] = {

jjr_r_rebelOfficer,

jjr_r_rebelSoldier,

jjr_r_rebelMachinegunner,

jjr_r_rebelMedic,

jjr_r_rebelRPGSoldier,

jjr_r_rebelAASoldier,

jjr_r_rebelATSoldier,

jjr_r_rebelATGrenadier

};

weapons[]={};

requiredVersion=1.85;

requiredAddons[]={ak47cs,ak74nsu,BIS_Resistance};

};

};

(The "BIS_Resistance" is listed there in anticipation of models with handgun proxies)

Let's help JJR get these babies fixed up and then perhaps move on to getting JAM and MAAM variants out. I actually have that config:ed already, but I'll await handgun-able models before proceeding.

i know why they lack the proxies. the robed units are based on that old DX wwii russian soldier add on. wich means they also lack NVG proxies as well

as for screen shots of the lost brother middle eastern terrorists nope no up todate ones. they ahve been heavly modifed since the last sceen shots..

Dangit, i can't properly pbo these chaps after re-configging.

I unpacked, JAMmed the config, packed 'em, and i still have the addon as it was released. Same problem i had with JJR's Vietnam dudes.

I unpacked, JAMmed the config, packed 'em, and i still have the addon as it was released. Same problem i had with JJR's Vietnam dudes.

It worked for me. Make sure your not saving the new pbo to the same directory as the older version, its the only time I get that problem.

as far as i know he is not here, but i think there are enough which will cary it to the ofpc forums and report the bugs.

especially Mr.Burns

The PBO is marked READ ONLY, delete it or change the PBO to archive wink_o.gif

Very nice addon. Haven't had any problems with them yet, which is good, I guess smile_o.gif

I also noticed that they have custom hands (right?). I like the new AK sounds, too.

Asi mensioned ,great units,but wouldn´t it possible to cut out the marines addon ?So just using jam?Each unit works without the Marines instead the rpg and at soldier.(tested by not having the such´s marines sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif )

I think the addon would become more in use ,i think what each moddeler wishes,if the size is as small as possible and is as big as needed.So imagine you would not use suchs marines in your mission,but have to dl it .30Mb extra for two soldiers in the pack?That not in dimension to the small main pack of the Rebel Addon.

Neverthless great work.