Sign in to follow this  
kerosene

J Rambo's Mid-East fighters

ok, i wrote in the ofpc forum that he should take a look here, i hope he really does it, cause here are some interesting ideas, and sadly some problems too

Besides the things already mentioned, I have some realistical accuracy nitpicks: The AK-47s don't actually have burst fire and correct me if I'm wrong, but the muzzle flash shouldn't be horizontal like with Earl's AK-74Ms. Middle East rebels also are unlikely to use AKS-74Us that use 5.45mm ammo, by the way it is not spelled AK-74SU like with the original BIS weapon but AKS-74U. These rebels would also use RPG-7s instead of RPG-16s.

IMO the best solution would be to either use JAM (with HD) or the RF weapon pack with all its AK variants as weapons. Or just use default weapons and leave it up to mission makers to choose their own addon weapons.

The units themselves are very nice. smile_o.gif

Ok, thanks for the help guys, i've re-configged them fellas. Gonna do the same with his NAM units now. Well, time to frag some terrorists.

The units are awesome. smile_o.gif

I changed the weapons to the ICP pack by ORCS and I found this to be a better choice of weapons (you have a lot to pick from in their weapon pack)

My only bitch/complaint is the lack of blood texes and no pistol proxie.

I don't remember, but does the ICP pack have HD ammo? If not it would be a bad choice. One thing that always pisses me off is when AK-47 equipped enemies pick me off from 300+ meters away with only like two shots or sometimes with just one shot. In real life, the AK-47 is fairly crappy beyond 100 meters unless you have some fancy version of it like the Valmet or one of the better made Yugoslavian variants.

At any rate, this is one big reason why JAM or at least JAM ammo still rocks.

Another idea is this... my mod team is finishing up our Middle East civilian/militant pack and if JR wants to, it would be cool if we do a joint release. That way we can equip his militia models with our custom AK-47's that can use both custom ammo or JAM regular or High Dispersion(HD) ammo. We also will have the Romanian AK's (with the foregrip) used in Iraq in our pack. It would be nice if both his and our stuff was all in one pack. That way it would be a one stop Arab civilian/militant addon pack. But if not that's cool. I just hope that he updates them to make them JAM compatible and so that they use the RPG-7 instead of the RPG-16 (which isn't common in the Middle East).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

PM him

i would love to see all these units use jam, and joint work

PM him

i would love to see all these units use jam, and joint work

Those units are simply great congrats  smile_o.gif

But one suggestion it would be nice to re-release it with units under all sides(West/East/Res) so that we could have more possibilities for making missions.

Just my 2c...

The units are awesome.  smile_o.gif

I changed the weapons to the ICP pack by ORCS and I found this to be a better choice of weapons (you have a lot to pick from in their weapon pack)

Same complaint here...but I also changed the units right away with ICP RFweapons.

But I dont complain being shot from 300 meters, I shoot the AI from much further(with the same weapons)  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]One thing that always pisses me off is when AK-47 equipped enemies pick me off from 300+ meters away with only like two shots or sometimes with just one shot

I'm just happy if my AI troops fire in full auto once in awhile.

I wont even bother getting annoyed by sniper AK47's at this point. wink_o.gif

There's nothing like having the enemy unloading on full auto.

Always a pleasure to pop up just when one of them suckers is reloading and then hit him between the eyes.

But Miles, your idea sounds good, hope you can contact JJR.

Love to see the AK with the foregrip. You got a civie pack too? Need civies! blues.gif

I made them use ICP pack too and then I edited ICP weapon packs dispersion to be more like the HD weapons in JAM.

It works great! biggrin_o.gif

There's nothing like having the enemy unloading on full auto.

Always a pleasure to pop up just when one of them suckers is reloading and then hit him between the eyes.

But Miles, your idea sounds good, hope you can contact JJR.

Love to see the AK with the foregrip. You got a civie pack too? Need civies! blues.gif

Yeah, our pack has civies including two Arab women.

Hopefully I can get ahold of Mr. Rambo. I wish he posted on this thread.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The units are awesome.  smile_o.gif

Same complaint here...but I also changed the units right away with ICP RFweapons.

But I dont complain being shot from 300 meters, I shoot the AI from much further(with the same weapons)  tounge_o.gif

Well in desert combat its a real bitch when you're assaulting across open areas and 80% of your team gets cut down by AK fire from 200m+ while your guys are using state of the art M4A1 SOPMOD's, sniper rifles, SAW's, ect.. It's just not realistic and battles are over very quickly. Most combat in the Middle East, both desert and urban, is very close quarters combat that takes place within 100 meters. The only dangerous long range weapons that the militants use are the PKM machine gun, the SVD sniper rifle, the.303 Enfield bolt action rifle (in Afghanistan), and various other types of sniper rifles. They also occasionally use some heavy weapons as well like DShK HMG's and AGS-17 automatic grenade launchers(I have a video showing Iraqi militants with one).

But at any rate, their main weapons are AK-47's and AKM rifles, both of which suck in accuracy. Myself I don't like long range sniper fests in which your team and the enemies try to see which side can pick off each other the quickest at long range. That's just boring.

Oh also... I should add that the LoBo Middle East militant pack has the terrorists on all sides (West, East, Resistance).

If John Rambo works with us, we can do the same with his guys and also fix the pistol proxy problem.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Reading all you guys posts made me wanna re-config it myself, its suprisingly easy (even for me), I made them HD, and added a guy with a Strela and one with the Lost Brothers Iraqi AK. (glad thats JAM compatible.)

Quote[/b] ]over 400 soldiers on one "mission"  

when you say "no ctd" are you refering to before, or after your PC exploded and you dove for cover to aviod the shrapnel?  

That's what OFP is all about. Not this high poly "wannabe Ghost Recon sillyness".

The CTD sounds reminiscent of the WYW_OPFOR pack which I still have trouble actually running.

Quote[/b] ]and no pistol proxie.

crazy_o.gif

The hell...?

anyone released a jam hd and such version yet? tounge_o.gif

its pain to change all weapons and add all magazines in initline commands in the mission editor sometimes biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If John Rambo works with us, we can do the same with his guys and also fix the pistol proxy problem

Any news on this Miles?

Quote[/b] ]If John Rambo works with us, we can do the same with his guys and also fix the pistol proxy problem

Any news on this Miles?

i sent miles jjr's mail address, so it depends on him to ask.

Yeah I emailed him, but no response yet.  The problem is that he may not speak English.  So I don't know if he will respond or not.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

german speaking country

@ miles: i sent him a mail too, so we'll see. (in german of course)