Sign in to follow this  
Rhodite

Project UK Forces

It may be very overdue.... tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]

UKF NEWS[

29th June 2006

Ok, ok... so its been a fair while since our last news post, but as many of you will know, the months of May, June and July are some of the busiest in many peoples lives, especially for those who go to school, college or university, as well as those who work at them. As you can imagine, many of the team have been busy with their studies approaching their finals, and some of our team have been moving home, filling in tax returns or just taking a break.

So, now we welcome the summer, and with it alot of expectations and excitement. With all the news of Armed Assault coming out, and the steady increase in news and screenshots, we've all been taking stock on what to expect for what will inevitably be UKF's transition into Arma. Whilst we fully intend to move to the Arma platform once the tools/game is released, rest assured we have a few things still in our pocket to help while away the last few months of Flashpoint. We dont want to give any release dates or clues, but there are things in the pipeline for certain smile_o.gif.

On a related note, Chris has been extremely busy with the DPM 2 pack, refining textures, adding helmets and the like to bring us a couple of new progress shots on the troops. The most notable changes are the introductions of the MK6 helmets. As I hope you all agree, Chris' work is expanding the quality of UKF's work, much to the levels being seen in Armed Assault...

as always, the rest of the news and screenshots can be found at our website:

www.project-ukf.com

yay.gif

Finally! Been waiting for the "interesting news" for 2 weeks now! tounge2.gif

Great news indeed, they look lovely... wow! Although I'm still a bit confused, will we get these before ArmA or after it? Atleast *if* the release is... ahem... postponed, will we still get them once they're finished (a tad stpid question but...)? huh.gif

They will be made to work with both ArmA and OFP, even if that requires a little work. However, i will not go as far as to say whether they'll be finished before ArmA....because i don't know when i will finish them (and i don't know the ArmA release schedule!wink_o.gif.

Btw, Messy kisses my arse too much in that news post, the various types of assault vest and webbing were done by him.  smile_o.gif

I've been waiting for this since I downloaded the first DPM Pack inlove.gif

notworthy.gif

Looking effing great, as always.. smile_o.gif

Wow guys

Looking very very nice biggrin_o.gif

The new camo textures are so high-fidelity that they look like the material used in the uniform is parachute nylon, which didn't seem to fade much in real-life. Both nylon 50/50 and cotton ripstop faded with repeat wearings, at least with U.S. BDU's.

Looks great, but very clean. smile_o.gif (Ah, I see now that the knees ARE a bit dusty. Well done.)

Awsome job, looks really pretty smile_o.gif I love BLEEM, so I will love these aswell :P

And splendid idea with head alternative... for MP gamers sake. But most of you plays coops / pvp, so not suprising wink_o.gif

Looking incredible! One question, the units appear to be members of Parachute Regiment (Para wings and 16AA patches) but they have the British Army's standard helmet on. Will this change and give the Paras their usual helmet? It's nothing major of course, just wondering.

The arm patches haven't been sorted yet, they're remnants from BLEED. Messiah was wondering if anyone'd spot that a pic of 16AAB standing next to a Warrior, was strange. biggrin_o.gif

AFAIK the Para helmet will be modeled for the Paras though.

Haha thanks for clearing that up, good to hear! Oh and my condolences to you and all of England, you guys deserved the win and not Portugal.

fantastic news in the update, cheers.

i eagerly await the day after Arma's (imminent hopefully) release when i can input one mega P-UK-F addon, as well as the Frenchpoint and Bundewhers mega addons. incidently, is there

the worst thing about the birthing of the Flashpoint mod-scene was the chaos of mods and sub-mods that are needed to get anything working.

the best thing about the birthing of the Flashpoint mod-scene is that 5 years of hard work has meant that many large mod projects like P-UK-F have coalesced which will hopefully result in a much less stressful Arma mod experience.

will P-UK-F be using the Cavs standard for its Arma mods?

regards

looks great notworthy.gif

Keep up the good looking work....i hope for release.

The new camo textures are so high-fidelity that they look like the material used in the uniform is parachute nylon, which didn't seem to fade much in real-life.  Both nylon 50/50 and cotton ripstop faded with repeat wearings, at least with U.S. BDU's.

Looks great, but very clean.  smile_o.gif  (Ah, I see now that the knees ARE a bit dusty.  Well done.)

They stopped the new issue DPMs from fading, at least according to what our man in the Light Infantry says, and he should know what he's talking about wink_o.gif So it's perfectly accurate as far as i'm concerned.

The textures are dirtier than you probably realise from this distance, but unlike the usual, very obvious "camo pattern with big black lines to simulate shadow and big blobs of brown to simulate dirt" textures, it's actually been done alot more subtley and true to life wink_o.gif

Anyway, yeah, lets stress these are beta images, just to show off tounge2.gif , and a good many things are still to done smile_o.gif I don't mean to sound rude but...we have a very very very experienced team of advisors, who have 1st hand experience of what it is to be a British infantryman, and the final product that you will get, will be as close to life as we can possibly make it...so.. wink_o.gif just don't worry yourselves over accuracy!

on the CAVS question... its dependant on arma release, and if we hold some addons back for that, rather than ofp... it also depends entirely on if BIS get their damage/armour values correct in Arma, meaning that mod makers can use that as a bench mark value system.

cheers.

does that mean that P-UK-F and the Frenchpoint/Bundeswher mods are alreasdy using CAVS?