Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Usmc uh-1n

Quote[/b] ]Frosty please also check the topic about the Apache gunship coming soon!

And on topic, yeah on atwar there is this movie from Heuy attacking iraqi forces with m134 and also FFAR rockets...

I though also other weapons like a hellfire can be mounted to that pylon but they are mostly seen with FFAR pods, like on the pictures posted other page!

I've got a Movie of an AH-64 Apache shooting at 3 Iraqi soldiers with his M230 cannon. 30mm's damned those things kill he shot the first with about 10 bullets, that guy was laying in 10 pieces damned

M-240 7.62mm machine gun or

GAU-16 .50 caliber machine gun or

GAU-17 7.62mm automatic gun

All three weapons systems are crew-served, and the GAU-2B/A can also be controlled by the pilot in the fixed forward firing mode.

The helicopter can also carry two 7-shot or 19-shot 2.75" rocket pods.

AUB

I asked around about what .50 cal is actually used on the USMC side, but didn't get a definitive answer. Basically, on the aviation side, at least for the H-53Ds, they don't use a GAU-16. It may be a GAU-21, which is the aviation version of the M2. I haven't spent time with HMLA, but I haven't seen much info on them carrying the GAU-17, which is a 3 barrel weapon. The Navy H-60H carry those, along w/ the GAU-16 and M-240.

In my particular community, we regularly fly w/ the GAU-16 and an old school M-60 (D, I think). We supposed to be getting the GAU-21 "soon." They never did approve us for the -17. Of course this is all on the Navy side.

Harmed, the pics you posted are from the Vietnam era Hueys. Those gun attachments are not used on the UH-1N as far as I know.

Also no other US military helicopter uses the Apache's 30mm chaingun. I've also seen that video, and personally I don't see why you take joy in seeing human beings cut to pieces. One of them was injured and the pilot still finished him off. Who knows who those guys were who were blown to bits but everyone has a Mom and Dad. Maybe some of you like that kind of stuff... but then again some people love seeing those videos of militants sawing off the heads of Americans and other civilians.

At least in OFP the killing isn't real and I can sleep well at night after blowing away virtual bad guys or getting blown away myself.

I just hope that you realize that there is a difference between that Apache gun camera video and OFP... a BIG difference.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Frosty please also check the topic about the Apache gunship coming soon!

And on topic, yeah on atwar there is this movie from Heuy attacking iraqi forces with m134 and also FFAR rockets...

I though also other weapons like a hellfire can be mounted to that pylon but they are mostly seen with FFAR pods, like on the pictures posted other page!

Not going to dig through 15 pages for a gun, dude wink_o.gif

I know the US Army uses a .50 gun like this on the OH-58 (also included in the BAS addon).

I don't know about the USMC and I don't know if this .50 is actually an M2 machinegun. wink_o.gif

Bobcat;

You are talking about the normal (and not static) .50? This indeed has a barrel-jacket. It's also used on the UH-1, but AFAIK the barrel is just the normal size.

In the official USAF vid about Aeriel Gunners, you can see this one being fired from the ramp of an H-53 (impossible to say which version). It seems to have the same ROF as the normal M2.

There is also a version of the M2 which has almost twice the ROF of the normal one, but this one wasn't used much.It was the .50 M85 MG nicked the 'Chinese Overdrive'. A true killer

rock.gif WOOT?

Are you talking to meh in the text under the quoted? Cuz that makes no sense at all, lol!

I thought you were talking about the .50 weapon when pointing to the Apache thread. Guess I made a mistake?

btw; "woot" is not the same as "wtf"? wink_o.gif

ok after a little looking around and callin a few people. i found out both versions exist ...both long and short barrel. short barrel with the jacket or shroud GAU-16/A is the most common version in use and does share some features with the pylon mounted .50 on the OH-58 D airframe. source of this info a few guys in my office ..and a phone call to Saco defense ..maker of the M-2

The machine guns selected for the UH-1Y are the M-240D, GAU-16 and GAU-17A. this is for the new version of the uh-1 the above still apllies to the UH-1N

I thought you were talking about the .50 weapon when pointing to the Apache thread. Guess I made a mistake?

btw; "woot" is not the same as "wtf"? wink_o.gif

yeah i know that I didnt know what you were saying in the post above and well, WHAT?! WOOT??!!

not WTF thats What teh f***!  crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

EDIT

Excuse meh, carry on!

I hope that the minigun will come just so that I can use its devasting force in a nice game of multiplayer. smile_o.gif

not WTF thats What teh f***!  crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Nope, actually it's Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

And when the capt asks you about your tacsit, you reply with Foxtrot Uniform Bravo Alfa Romeo wink_o.gif

Any updates on the addon??

Quote[/b] ]I hope that the minigun will come just so that I can use its devasting force in a nice game of multiplayer.

The minigun will come but only in manually controlled version of course (I say that just to avoid illusions about pylon-mounted miniguns derived from the recent posts we had in the thread).

Concerning the addon, these days I fixed some common problems found in new versions, checked gunner and cargo LODs, solved ammo belt issues and above all I focused on sounds. Now every weapon has a new firing and reloading sound. Moreover I modified the empty shell casing script to fit the M2 cartridges.

To give a more realistic taste to the M2 version, I removed the ammo belt and configured the machinegun to use magazines. Now you'll have to wait until the 200 rounds magazine is reloaded before continuing your killing activities. wink_o.gif

BAS blackhawks have an EXCELLENT minigun sound. My dad's friend is in the National Gaurd, and we went to a website he said and we saw a clip of the minigun firing, sounds just like the BAS one.

just my 2 cents. smile_o.gif

The sound I used is very similar to the BAS one and seems quite realistic (I've compared the sound with Black Hawk Down... tounge_o.gif)

Anyway I'll try the link suggested by Blackdog...

Mivie soynds are never 100% correct due to the fact mini guns make such hurendous noise they cannot be recoreded proporly. BHD uses lots of out of the studio canned SFX.

Mivie soynds are never 100% correct due to the fact mini guns make such hurendous noise they cannot be recoreded proporly.   BHD uses lots of out of the studio canned SFX.

You guys talking about the movie or the game rock.gif . Dont know if the BHD game minigun sound was realistic but that and the water were the only 2 things about it i liked. The BAS one feels like the thing is falling apart or something.

I'm talking about the movie. You can hear clearly the minigun sound in the scene where Eversman-Josh Hartnett stays below a cascade of empty shells falling from a firing Blackhawk.

The sound is quite equal to the BAS one...

Yeah that will work, just most imniguns blow the mikes on camaras instantly when fired if not protected someway, Even more so the 30mm ones. I would have used the one from preditor or Terminator cause they are not in full out combat sceens and you just hear the gun.

Does it sound something like Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!?

smile_o.gif

Whatch the movie or download the BAS bird wink_o.gif

Good news about the sound. Realistic sounds are very important

I wish, addon maker would sometimes care a bit more about gun sounds.

Most of the time all the guns sound like "piff" and "paff".

I would like to see(hear) really realistic/loud guns instead of child toys...

158611-big.jpg

crazy_o.gif

If I remember correctly, the gun sounds in OFP are "combined" together with the ammo.

So why not making piff/paff sounds as standart ammo and "the real deal" as alternative ammo?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Does it sound something like Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!?

The Bzzzzzzzzzzzt is in BAS Littlebirds....

BAS Minigun produces...ehm...trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound... biggrin_o.gif

yes the blackhawk minigun does sound different to the littlebird's miniguns...?

May I recommend you ppl watch the video on atwar.net called aerial gunners!!! Not allone elite footage also some elite sounds...

(and the best part for meh was a small fragment of film shot in the night in the middle of nowhere and you hear a mg shooting.. gotta check it really! )