Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Usmc uh-1n

Quote[/b] ]Hi, don't take me wrong Prep... i just said my opinion, that no one cares and that no one asked me; but as fan of the USMC, ithink that my point was just that the UH1-N will look better TO ME, with just those green glasses over the heads of the pilot seats, just that. & Sincerily... don't gimme or to anything else a sugestion in that tone, that makes the ppl get angry; & that's bad. What i said, was just an opinion... so if u get angry because my opinion... then it's your problem, not the problem of anyone else.

Btfw... i've deleted all by BAS helicopters and i use your UH1-N; and yes, it's true... it don't lags and fly very well.

P.D: I've been crying out for help with a pack of M4's that i still working on the textures for over 10 months; without any kind of support until over 3 weeks ago. And receiving all kind of retarded criticts, kicks from everywhere, from forums, to mIRC channels and even pages related to the OFP. Keep that in mind when u post your angry reply to this 'lil post trying to short out what's. Let's cu.

I just wanted to explain my opinion about your post and about what you said! I know my post could be misunderstood but i didn't get angry! wink_o.gif

I only tried to express what i thought. You have the right to write what you think of my helicopter, but i have the right to explain why my addon doesn't fit the real vehicle and why you shouldn't criticize an addon in such a detailed way.

I hope we clarified this misunderstanding...In spite of what my last post could seem i'm not angry absolutely! You said your opinion and i just said mine.

Anyway, the green glasses over pilot and co-pilot seats have been fixed in the new version!

...why you shouldn't criticize an addon in such a detailed way...

To be honest with you Prep, if people could have criticised our [bAS] addons like this back when we were active in OFP, our [bAS'] world would have been a much nicer place!

Credit where its due to Wipman, for rather than saying "this sucks, make it better" he's listed the points which he feels are wrong. That makes it much easier to identify them in the addon and fix them (if you want to).

This is the sort of "perfect" critiscism that every addonmaker secretly hopes they get (at least in my experience)

Just my $0.02

Quote[/b] ]This is the sort of "perfect" critiscism that every addonmaker secretly hopes they get (at least in my experience)

You have more experience than me in addon making and probably you are right with this.

I just was disappointed when i read wipman's first post..

I'm not saying he's wrong. The things he specified are right but while one half of the bugs he described has been fixed (nose, windows over pilot) the other half seems a too detailed report. Don't get me wrong, but if i should focus in EVERY SINGLE part of the addon I wouldn't release anything in a reasonable time. I was disappointed by his explanation...it sounded like: "Hey man, this helo sucks 'cause the window angle is not equal to the real one!".

There are many ways to inform someone he could make better, like a simple bug report, describing what should be fixed without expressing your criticism in a heavy manner. I didn't get disappointed by what he said, but by how he expressed his criticism.

Anyway, I want to thank wipman 'cause i didn't notice in my addon a part of the bugs he described. I'll take a look to the real helo pictures another time and i'll try to figure out what he's talking about. Maybe i'll correct them in a future update.

I just was disappointed when i read wipman's first post..

Its always a kick in the teeth when people start ripping into your "baby" all the love, time and effort that you have put into it for someone to casually go "this sucks blah blah"

Thats the addon makers lot, but if their coments make for a better addon in the end, its worth it and you will realise just how much you appreciate a different viewpoint on your addon.

You're definitely right man...In fact, without people comments the 1.1 version would not exist.

I just wanted to remember the proverb: "TRACTO CETERI QUOD SECUS JUXTA" - treat other how you would treat yourself. tounge_o.gif

And, as i said, i will try to figure out what's wrong on the parts of the addon wipman specified for a further update.

Quote[/b] ]Hey Prep H, any release date for us rock.gif

This Month Next month rock.gif

I love your helo

smile_o.gif

Unfortunately i cannot provide a date...I'm fixing 2-3 simple bugs my beta-testers found. I think today or tomorrow i'll send the models to Lupus[WD] for optimization. The release date depends on him...I want to give him all the time he needs (without stealing time to his projects i hope) so i don't know if i will release the bird in next week or within 2 or 3 weeks. It's an enormous job 'cause he has to fix 5 units so it could take some time.

Same can't stone those that keep spamming the threads for release dates. Fully knowing its being worked on if they bothered to read. Well I better redo the modified pbo of the other one so I don't loose all that work when theses hit the net.

Looks like a great update from the screenshots,

How many places is there in cargo for passengers ?

yeah I also am waiting till I can fly teh new bird with the new weapons which will make it the new standard helo for when the E&S marines are going to kick some ass! Elite man, damnit I've been waiting sooo long for this helo! Now its here!

together with kick ass humvees, apache's, new abrams tanks, new maps, shit Im going to play this game for ever! biggrin_o.gif

currently making like atleast 2 thingy's a day in staged " iraq ", *wonders when IRAZ is going to be released* well not suited for others to play or to release, cuz I know what is going to happen, Its more like testing stuff together with a lame story...

@ Sanctuary: 12 passengers

@ SgtEversman:

there are 5 versions:

- M2

- unarmed

- FFAR

- M134

- M134 + FFAR

Tomorrow I'll take a couple of screenshots... wink_o.gif

SelectThis' UH-1H already had the possibility to transport 12 men...however, i was forced to change their positions because of the little side doors of the UH-1N. The squad have to squeeze up a little when aboard... tounge_o.gif

Here are the screenshots as promised. Just a CAS mission over Tonal Island:

tonal_cas_m2.jpg

tonal_cas_full.jpg

tonal_cas_full2.jpg

I have some clearer screenies but i keep them for the release post... tounge_o.gif

I know screenshots suck...I was in a hurry when i took them..anyway i don't think i'll become famous for my skill in photography wink_o.giftounge_o.gif