Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Usmc uh-1n

Hey hey guys...calm down! biggrin_o.gif

I already thought about FFAR rocket pods...It shouldn't be hard to implement but obviously, the release date will be delayed until all versions are completed (...and I have to study for 4 exams in this period!).

I think 4 versions are enough:

- unarmed

- M2

- M134

- FFAR

I'm sorry but I don't think version 1.1 will contain marine pilots. There's enough work to do on the helicopter at this moment!

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, I'm looking for some pictures of the real helo to decide what to do.

..from 1998 to 2001 I flew Bell 212s for the Royal Brunei Air Force - PM me if you'd like any pics. Just promise me you WON'T make an RBAirF version of your aircraft - they're the biggest bunch of slackers to ever waste good Avtur!

Chopper is rather nice, but can you change the scale of the model (its too big - look at fresh smile_o.gif CSJ's UH1's - they are almost perfect) and make random numbers?

P.S. And, maybe, improve some textures inside the helo?..

Thanks ThudBlunder, but I've already downloaded some pictures. In fact my helicopter it's a little too big, it needs to be scaled.

TheMarshall, member of ICM is working on random side numbers. However I wanna explain these parallel projects we (me and ICM) are workin' on. As you know, when I released the addon I believed 1.0 was the first and the last version. TheMarshall contacted me 'cause he was interested in adding scripts and I decided to give him the permission to modify the addon. Now, I decided to continue my work, and we are proceeding in parallel projects.

Quote[/b] ]P.S. And, maybe, improve some textures inside the helo?..

Unfortunately stanley, I want to release the 1.1 version as soon as possible, so I'm forced to work on bugs and weapon models. Maybe you'll have some new textures in 1.2.

Preparation H, just few photos.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....v13.jpg

If i'm not mistaken, it would be better to reduce the font size of the "marines" inscription on the "tale" of the chopper. And, maybe, change the fonts - it seems, that the letters are more wide, than it is needed.

http://www.freqofnature.com/photos/heroes2004/bigimages/image026.jpg

Here we can see, that the side number could be also placed on the pilots doors, and the USMC's emblem - on cargo doors. By the way, consider, that there is no inscription at the aft at all.

http://www.freqofnature.com/photos/heroes2004/bigimages/image027.jpg

And here, if look more closer, we can see the "navy-star' on the aft, as alternative.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ethos/mecha/report/uh1.htm

Here some number of big photos, I think, they would be youseful for your work on updates.

will there also be a version made with this camo?

vt206.JPGbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@scaling of the helo: ask lupusWD for his scaled version.

Yesterday Lupus sent me his fixed version (while I was waiting his mail I fixed the lighting problem on doors). I got to study his model 'cause there are a lot of things I could learn (this helo is only my third addon! wink_o.gif )

Obviously the model will be scaled down.

@stanley: thank you for your pictures wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@scaling of the helo: ask lupusWD for his scaled version.

Yesterday Lupus sent me his fixed version (while I was waiting his mail I fixed the lighting problem on doors). I got to study his model 'cause there are a lot of things I could learn (this helo is only my third addon!  wink_o.gif )

Obviously the model will be scaled down.

@stanley: thank you for your pictures  wink_o.gif

well you did very good for a third addon smile_o.gif

Your welcome Preparation H,

You have to be careful with rescaling units, due to the default bis human is roughly almost seven feet tall to scale..

Most of Laser's units are propor human scale, and the russain units are scaled to realistic heights for people of that land location, often Americans are a bit taller than people of eruope and asia

(put some in a area to see the differnet height sizes.)

Seeing the base model was oversized, slightly can't really fault you, but the Army choppers are larger than Marine choppers.

A model is being the smallest of the HUEYS, they contuned getting bigger and biggern as the reached model d and H, which you used the H model, it is a rather large cabin, its was a troop transport, and medivac, it was a lot larger than the Marine N and Y model.

The dark grey paint job is actually the old color job from the 80s just some of the birds still have the paint on them from back then, (gotta remember some of theses choppers have been used since the 70s) if you really look at the others most of them were painted that way but its faded due to exposure to the elements, They stick to the dual grey tone now. The dark tones have been kicked due to it shows up a lot easier vs the dusty grey color. They just use th same paint the Navy uses to paint the warships with now, cuts costs.

Might be able to did up pilot models for them, most just assign the bas chopper crews, got some on the slab with different helmets and gear but far from complete for the corbras I was working on, found I can't make MAPAT textures cause I'm a moron. =P

Quote[/b] ]well you did very good for a third addon

Thanks!! tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Seeing the base model was oversized, slightly can't really fault you, but the Army choppers are larger than Marine choppers.

Really? I thought dimensions were all the same!

I measured my version and the fixed one made by Lupus. The scaling factor should be 0.85 if I did well. I'm going to scale the whole bunch of faces and points..I'm a little scared about it: I know it's simple to do but this is the first time I scale an entire model and I hope all LODs (especially the Memory LOD) scale in the right way.... rock.gif

God bless backup copies...:;):

Can't you just try this: Ctrl+A to select all vertices, then Points->Transform 3D->Scale...? Just a hint. rock.gif

just for shits and grins I hacked one up into a UH1Y to keep close with the AH1Z I fiddle with.

just for shits and grins I hacked one up into a UH1Y to keep close with the AH1Z I fiddle with.

Hmm can you tell me how did you decoded vbs1 pbos to extract models? Its quite easy to extract textures but pbos with models are strangely encrypted sad_o.gif.

@FireFly - I don't think he means that he decoded a VBS1 Huey, since he is in the US and cannot order the USMC Pack. I think what he means is that he modified an OFP Huey and turned it into a UH-1Y or turned one of the two AH-1W's currently available for download and turned it into the AH-1Z Viper.

Yea but he wrote "hacked" and there are some "other ways" wink_o.gif for obtaining all VBS1 Addons, but still I wasnt able to decode models from pbos, I just extracted textures, thats why I asked if he knows any method of decoding models.

... and I think you guys should quit these talks about hacking. Hint, hint: forum rules. wink_o.gif

... and I think you guys should quit these talks about hacking. Hint, hint: forum rules.  wink_o.gif

Well its only talk for good of science  biggrin_o.gif Anyway I didnt use H word first  tounge_o.gif

Can't you just try this: Ctrl+A to select all vertices, then Points->Transform 3D->Scale...? Just a hint. rock.gif

Indeed anyways you could check "Apply to all LOD's" to be sure that all LOD's will be scaled equally.

Yea but he wrote "hacked" and there are some "other ways" wink_o.gif for obtaining all VBS1 Addons, but still I wasnt able to decode models from pbos, I just extracted textures, thats why I asked if he knows any method of decoding models.

I think he meant "hacked" as in cut up.

I think he meant "hacked" as in cut up.

Could be, I m not native speaker mate tounge_o.gif