Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Usmc uh-1n

joins in shouting....

waves big banner YEAHHH thank you guys for making such an elite addon... Now the marines have proper air transport... blues.gif

Sorry for the thread jack, but thought I'd share a quick video of the GAU-16 in action.  I'll leave it up for a day or so, or until my ISP get's angry at me.  The target is a boat that had a bunch of bad guys, tons (literally) of contraband, and one mean ass dog.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gatordev/GAU.Boom.zip (Requires Xvid)

NOTE:  I'm putting this up only as an interesting comparison, and NOT as the end-all answer to what the .50 cal should sound like.  Personally, I think it sounds a bit wimpy in this video.  As always, it's a balance between realism and "fun-ness."

Fab job man xmas_o.gif

Glad you (or someone) caught the lod with no body textures. Didnt wana read 29 pages to see if someone mentioned that.

Again good work smile_o.gif

After two weeks (yeah, i know i promised to fix the addon in a short time... tounge_o.gif), it's time to release the updated version of the addon.

Here's a list of what i've done:

Bug fixes:

- sound problems fixed;

- textured sidedoor rims;

- wav files converted to wss;

- tga and gif files deleted;

- furthest LOD retextured;

- rotors now rotate in the correct direction;

New features:

- new M2 sound;

- Lupus made a new engine block;

- clan logo and clan sign restored;

- added Lupus materials;

As you read Lupus made a new engine block...it really improves helicopter look and makes the model more similar to the real Huey. Lupus helped me a lot again with this update...thank you mate! wink_o.gif

Here's a screenshot of the new model:

1.1b.jpg

As always you can download the updated addon from

my site, until i get a mirror smile_o.gif

Hey, now i wanna see some missions with this bird! tounge_o.gif

Ciao ciao! biggrin_o.gif

WOW! Me first, me first, I'm gonna be the first one to get it!!! biggrin_o.gif

Any updates PrepH, I suppose you're still fixing it up?

Anychance we get an progress status? rock.gif

huh? look 4 posts above. wink_o.gif

The Marine and Navy piltos missed the rerelease but will be coming down the pipe soon.. Just upguned the video card on my system so I can fix the model flaws at last..

Well done PreparationH, Lupus and all involved. This is in danger of replacing the BAS Blackhawk as the "think OFP, think ----" bird biggrin_o.gif

somehow I don't think so.. One being Army the other being Marine. So far I've put this bird through the pacees with some real Marine pilots out of Yuma Air station seems to be holding really well.

Damn fine job!!!

uh1n.gif

Wouldnt you say?  biggrin_o.gif

Quick question ... the back intakes and "curves" on the engine cover, will those be worked in or will that require a major modelling job. ( being devils advocate here, before the realism freaks bring it up :P )

going into that level of detail would up the polygon count something jmajor making this bird less efficnent in game play. Its skirting the threshold now of optinazation. This addon has to also work on low spec hardhear and MP games, you gotta draw the line of details.

great to know its been updated smile_o.gif maybe i can have a small mission with some usmc troops and this helo in a small sp mission or so by the end of this week biggrin_o.gif

Man, there is still problem with scale.

And, please: make sliders as they depicted on photos smile_o.gif

Man, there is still problem with scale.

And, please: make sliders as they depicted on photos smile_o.gif

Man, what an heart warming encouragement for Prep H to work on it again... doh !

And what do you want to hear? Hundreds chant the praises words? I agree, that chopper is well made, but it is not finished yet (even in 1.1b version).

To look more realistic, there must be changed runners and reduced scale.

The scale looks fine to me. Any smaller and it would look kinda wierd. If you wish to prove that the scale is wrong post a picture comparing the size of the real thing with the OFP addon. But for me the size is "close enough for government work" as they say.

As for the runners, I assume you mean the landing skids? What's wrong with those? They look fine to me. You can't add every single tiny little bump on the helicopter on this model unless you want it to lag like crazy with the increase in polygons.

Right now overall I think it looks great and works great. I can't ask for much more.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>