Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Mission Editing Competition

I'm eager to see how much debate the evaluation of these precious missions is going to stir, even though my mission didn't make it to the final 10.

Please let us not make it a simple forum poll. I think votes should be accompanied by a minimum of motivation at least. This way we avoid that simply people with a large backbench take the prize, or even worse, that the outcome of this event turns into a clan, website community or even nationality type of thing. Or am I simply being too idealist about this?

I have played some missions so far, I am planning to post my (re)views as soon as I have finished them all.

I think it cant stop this kind of problems, but at least minimize it a bit. Its a real problem of public votes, so this prize will be minor I guess (to the main prize). I hope such problems will be at least minor sad_o.gif

Let the best win.

I´m looking forward for your reviews. BTW some missions are long and rather hard. Now i guess I know why the judging took so much time  wink_o.gif

Please let us not make it a simple forum poll. I think votes should be accompanied by a minimum of motivation at least. This way we avoid that simply people with a large backbench take the prize, or even worse, that the outcome of this event turns into a clan, website community or even nationality type of thing. Or am I simply being too idealist about this?

It's not really practical to make it a poll & comment, however there is this thread and the thread in user missions, feel free to comment all you like smile_o.gif

The missions remain anonymous so they should be judged on their merits, more than that is not possible wink_o.gif

Regardless of who wins, those are 10 excellent missions...easily some of the best to ever be made for OFP.

It's good to hear that the 10 misisons chosen by the judges are being received well smile_o.gif

I downloaded them. Used a new mod folder and only used that one for these missions. I got no errors whatsoever. smile_o.gif So for I played Morning dew with that nice health meter.

xmas_o.gif great set of missions.

Can we see the results for missions not in the top 10 pls, i'm assuming u have some kind of document with all the scores in as theres too many to remember. So can u edit it for public and post for us pls m8?

I'm sure others are just as curious what there mission got.

also i have a fixed addon pack where u will get no addon error, and i have made swordfish to work with winter nogojev as there was no way i was putting them old addon back in, i didnt even open it in the editor dont worry i just edited addon bit of sqm, and end of folder name cain_snow to kegnoecain_snow, ok i will post fixed addon pack and mission l8r if that is ok?

I guess some scores, credits and so on will be released just after the public vote. BIS rather want all of us to vote just our mind and not to influence the voting process by publishing the scores by judges or identifing the finalists (persons I mean).

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]I dont want to see the scores of the 10 finalist!

Ouch I am  sorry gwg viper  sad_o.gif

We judges don't even know who the authors are. The missions were assigned numbers and we referred to them by that number or just by the name of the mission.

This was to prevent anyone from saying to himself:

"Hey i know that guy, he is a good friend, i will give him the highest marks"

not that any of us would have done that anyway.

Only the mighty Placebo knows the identities.

I guess some scores, credits and so on will be released just after the public vote. BIS rather want all of us to vote just our mind and not to influence the voting process by publishing the scores by judges or identifing the finalists (persons I mean).

I dont want to see the scores of the 10 finalist! tounge_o.gif (It wont be hard to leave them out of the document, so it wont affect any voting) wink_o.gif

as quoted in 1st line of my post!

Quote[/b] ]Can we see the results for missions not in the top 10 pls

I want to see the scores/comments/bad points/good points of all the other missions that didnt make it into final 10.

And i dont want the Authors names to be on this list just the mission names, of all but the final 10, that way we know which mission we made, but even so it wouldnt be too bad to see the names of all who made the effort and entered a mission, but didnt make it into the final 10.  

Hope that clarifies it for u m8, and next time read carefully or re-read before u reply, as it saves lots of typing and posts.

p.s. I cannot think of any reasons why they should not show us, only reasons why they should, that is why i have asked!  smile_o.gif

p.p.s. For my own peace of mind the sooner the better, I have many worries/problems/bugs/rules broken, regarding the final 10, so i would like to see the scoring before I comment anymore.  wink_o.gif

No further information of any kind will be released to the public until the competition is over.

However as I've already done with a couple of people I'm happy to give feedback in private to anyone who wants to know how there mission did, on the proviso that the information goes no further.

OK thxs m8, my mission was co@ Artic Operations, pm me, or email g w g _ v i p e r @ h o t m a i l . c o m

thxs

mec1.jpg

(click the logo to visit the poll)

The poll to choose the winner of the public vote section of the competition is now active, once you have played all ten missions please visit the poll and vote for the mission which you believe should win the public vote smile_o.gif

If you run an Operation Flashpoint website please post this information, let's get as many people voting as possible to support the mission makers who have done such a great job with their missions smile_o.gif

EDIT: I will be on vacation from 3pm CET today until Monday 17th January.

Can't vote for one of the missions...

Quote[/b] ]HTTP ERROR: 500

Internal Server Error

RequestURI=/voting/vote